Quantexa Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Quantexa

3.4

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England).

Interview

This was a 3- stage interview process (phone interview, f2f interview, presentation and final interview).
    The process was very straightforward. The final stage presentation was a bit demanding as you will need to spend some time to prepare the ppt and your main ideas but on the other hand this shows that they take their recruitment process very seriously.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

First contact received from one of their manager
    Phone call with a general description of the role and initial screening
    First face to face with general technical question about different fields
    Home assignment: scala coding exercise and Power Point presentation
    Second face to face to discuss my CV, the assignment, to give the presentation and everything else

Interview Questions

• They asked to solve a little problem about algorithmic thinking.   1 Answer
    • Not a real question but they asked to prepare a Power Point presentation about a work I've done to test my communication skills as well as my technical one.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa in March 2018.

Interview

The whole process went very smoothly and quickly (2 weeks); All people that I interacted with were very friendly and kind. I felt very welcome!
    1) Phone call with internal HR to assess cultural fit and discuss your professional experience.
    2) On-site interview with small, yet very relevant coding challenge and some technical questions. You can also ask some questions with regards to the company.
    3) Take-home assignment with 3 questions.
    4) On-site interview with a discussion of the take-home assignment, presentation of a business case, small coding challenge and a discussion of another business case that is explained to you on the spot. You can also ask some questions with regards to the company.

Interview Questions

• - What is the computational complexity of the solution you provided?
      - Small brain teaser question   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 weeks and has 4 steps:

1- Call with the HR team to talk about your background, motivations and what you know about Quantexa.
    2- Technical call interview with a Solutions Architect.
    3- To do by your own: Assignment with 3 scala exercices.
    4- Presentation of a project you'd made in the past and some questions regarding the Scala assignment.

The process in general requires you a bit of time to complete all the assignments. However, I found it really challenging and rewarding to complete them.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to Spark itself, differences between AWS and Azure.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa in March 2018.

Interview

There was an initial call with the HR representative, an interview with a data science manager and a two hour interview with a data scientist and analysis manager.

The overall hiring experience was great - all interactions were friendly and they were always quick to respond. I really enjoyed the assignments as they were mentally challenging and allowed me to show my abilities. I am really looking forward to working in a vibrant fast-paced environment!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England).

Interview

Overall the process took 6+ weeks. Went through a phone interview, f2f interview with some questions on the spot, a technical exercise in Scala and a final f2f interview with a presentation on a project.

Overall good experience with friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Business Case Study and a technical exercise   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in April 2018.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with someone from HR and then a 1:1 interview with someone on the associate team. There was a quick simple coding problem, some general questions about my CV and experience and then a problem-solving question related to financial crime. Following this, I was given 1 week to do a three of tasks in Scala on some data. These were fairly easy to complete considering I had no previous experience using Scala or Java (only Python and C++). The final interview was with two people and involved discussing the choices I'd made in my code, as well as other methods of completing the tasks, a presentation based on a problem I had previously solved technically and another quick coding question. All in all, it was quite enjoyable and everyone was very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Coding: for a list of stock prices over a day, how to identify the maximum profit that could have been made in that day. What is the most efficient algorithm?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England).

Interview

4 rounds:
    1/. A phone call to check your knowledge, motivation and ask questions about the technologies used into the company.
    2./ An interview at Quantexa's office (1 hour) with a coding question (algorithmic) and a business case (about financial fraud and statistic)
    3/. A coding assessment to prepare at home, if you manage to find a relevant solution, you are invited for a final round.
    4/. A presentation of a coding project you achieved. Better to take something you did from start to end to perfectly handle the topic because a lot of questions will be asked about your program and the way you coded it. After that, your coding assessment will be discussed and reviewed.

The whole process requires a lot of personal work but is very enjoyable and interesting. People at Quantexa are amazing.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between OOP and functional programming ?   Answer Question
    • Asymptotic analysis questions: "What is the big O of such an algorithm ?"   Answer Question

Consultant Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process had four stages:

1. A telephone interview - more of an informal chat with HR to get an idea of the company and what they do. Also a chance for HR to ask a bit about you and what you know about Quantexa.
    2. An in-person technical interview - they run through your CV and ask some questions about programming and functional code.
    3. A coding challenge homework - done in Scala. Not too hard but quite time-consuming.
    4. A final interview plus presentation - they required you to prepare a 20 minute presentation beforehand, which again was quite time consuming. They run through your homework assignment and also go through a couple more business and technical questions.

Overall the process was very well managed and professional. The questions were appropriate and well prepared. They tested your knowledge but weren't overly taxing. They were also very accommodating with interview dates/times, and made themselves available wherever possible. I feel like they have a good understanding of my level and capabilities, so I feel confident going in to the job.

Interview Questions

• Small brain-teaser like questions where you had to think and reason through the solution with the interviewer.   1 Answer

Data Engineer/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

CV and cover letter submission, ~45 minute introductory telephone interview, first round interview (questions about previous work, pseudo-code challenge), take-home task (functional programming in SCALA), final interview (discussion of task, presentation on previous work project, situational judgement questions, general questions)

Interview Questions

• Pseudocode logic question assessing understanding of functional programming principles and statistics   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.