Quantexa Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Quantexa Interview Questions

Interviews at Quantexa

3.5

Front End Developer Interview

Interview

A controlling interviewer who wasted an enormous amount of my time on a 3-stage interview and basically admitted that he's using the take-home assignment stage to harvest people's code and ideas, for which they don't receive a single penny. He seems to take satisfaction in making people dance and trying to "prove" that he is the better developer. Clearly the power has gone to his head.

After a challenging first stage face-to-face interview I was given a complex Angular project with only a week to complete it. I was busy that week and ended up with just 3 days left to do it. I think that considering the limited time and circumstances I did a good job; however, it was very rushed so I wasn't sure it would pass.

But it did pass and I was invited to the final stage for which I was asked to prepare a 20-minute presentation about a project I have worked on in the past. I spent the week preparing my slides which turned out to be almost a sidenote to the interview. Seemingly almost half the interview was spent going over my rushed code with a fine-toothed comb and kicking me around over a few things I admitted I would do differently if I had more time.

Presumably they expect their candidates to drop everything and, for no pay, turn out production-quality code and a lesser work of art which they can crib from at their leisure.

In future I am not going to do any interviews where I notice these controlling tendencies from the beginning. I recommend the same course to other people as well.

Interview Questions

• To give a presentation about a project I have worked on before.   Answer Question

Quantexa Response

11 Feb 2020 – Chief People Officer

Your review has come as a shock as candidate experience is incredibly important to us. We apologise that you've been left with a poor impression and if you'd like to discuss further please contact us direct on recruit@quantexa.com. In the meantime we wish you success in your job search.

Big Data Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Multi-stage process:

Initial interview: CV/Cover Letter review, technical and business questions are possible as well

Take Home Programming Assignment: Programming Assignment that you complete at home over the course of a week.

Final Stage Interview: Two hour interview including more CV, technical and business questions as well as a 15 minute presentation. There is also a code review (of your assignment) and a Q&A session

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you have had to convey a technical subject to a non-technical person   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

This was a 3- stage interview process (phone interview, f2f interview, presentation and final interview).
    I enjoyed all the interview rounds as the interviewers are very nice and chilled.
    Last presentation round was the most interesting experience, amazing bunch of people.

Full Stack Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in May 2019.

Interview

First phase: A phone screen in which I talked about previous experience and current technical stack
    Second phase: One to one with Pseudo-code question (either by video call or in person)
    Final phase: A technical test and Presentation on any technical subject of choice

Alliance Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in March 2019.

Interview

Very friendly, met different teams, final interview was a panel interview with CEO, including a short presentation.
    It was a phone call with HR first, followed by 3 interviews with the hiring manager and leadership team.

Interview Questions

• What value will I add to the business   1 Answer

Big Data Analyst (Junior) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

The whole process took 6-7 weeks. First I had a skype meeting from the HR, then another interview that presented me the a small task to do in a timeline of a week in Spark & Scala. I finished it within a day or two. Then after telling me that I had done perfectly well they asked for a meeting in the office in London. (I responded within a day that I could come in London and do the meeting for the next week). After about 2 week they responded and asked to do the meeting in the next 5 days. They didn't care of course about how I would come to London and what price I booked the airplane tickets. Anyway I went there, got prepared for the interview, took the interview which was in a 2 hour timeline: Questions and a Presentation I had prepared for a project I had done in Scala. After 2 weeks they informed me that I wasn't a successful candidate because I couldn't possibly easily communicate with potential clients.

Graduate Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England).

Interview

Overall the process took 6+ weeks. Went through a phone interview, f2f interview with some questions on the spot, a technical exercise in Scala and a final f2f interview with a presentation on a project.

Overall good experience with friendly staff.

Interview Questions

• Business Case Study and a technical exercise   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England).

Interview

The process was very straightforward. The final stage presentation was a bit demanding as you will need to spend some time to prepare the ppt and your main ideas but on the other hand this shows that they take their recruitment process very seriously.

Data Engineer/Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England) in June 2018.

Interview

CV and cover letter submission, ~45 minute introductory telephone interview, first round interview (questions about previous work, pseudo-code challenge), take-home task (functional programming in SCALA), final interview (discussion of task, presentation on previous work project, situational judgement questions, general questions)

Interview Questions

• Pseudocode logic question assessing understanding of functional programming principles and statistics   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quantexa.

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR Officier for my application online : good feeling.
    A first technical interview where there was a coding exercise quite easy and case study quite easy as well.
    A second technical interview where I had prepared a scala code assignment and a presentation on a previous function experience code, there was a second case study more difficult this time.
    The case studies are always about the main activity of Quantexa,
    Good luck.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.