Quantexa Interview Questions

Updated 7 Apr 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 29 of over 29 interviews

Employee Referral8%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Overall had really great experience. It was more like a chat than an interview. Unfortunately, I didn't get a job just because of a lack of couple of years of experience which is understandable. Quantexa seems like a great company and would recommend this to anyone. Definitely will apply again in a couple of years.

Interview Questions
  • What would you like to achieve in your next role? What is your approach when working with stakeholders?
    Answer Question

Quantexa

Application

I interviewed at Quantexa

Interview

Phone call, then simple technical interview over the phone, then simple assignment that you'll present the solution to at an in person interview. At the in person interview you'll also be asked to present something you've worked on.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Quantexa

Application

I interviewed at Quantexa

Interview

Applied for the job via Quantexa's company website. Received an email about 1 week after submitting application to join a teams call for first stage interview. Quick turnaround, and was emailed a polite decline 1 week after that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

I applied online and was asked to interview with the hiring manager. I then met three other members of the team in interviews (two together and one separately). Finally I was given information on two topics that are current challenges for them and asked to present to the team on my recommended strategy for addressing these. The interviews were competency based, but quite relaxed and I found everyone I spoke to was very warm and friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a good manager you've had and what made them great

Quantexa

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa in Oct 2020

Interview

I had an initial phone screen via Teams with a senior employee from Quantexa. It was decent enough although quite formal and I didn't come away feeling wanted by them. Off the back of this, I was invited to do a 'take home' coding/algorithm test. There was enough of interest to make this an educational task, though it required a large element of dev environment set-up which burnt time and didn't really enable me to demonstrate what I have to offer in advanced analytics and machine learning, and ML strategy, which was a shame. These 'take home' tests arguably favour applicants who don't already have demanding full-time jobs and families but possibly that's a conscious decision. But the most annoying part of the process was, whilst I did get an initial acknowledgement of receipt of my assessment task, and a follow-up email a week later; since then (3 weeks) I've received nothing and can only assume the role has been filled and the time and effort I invested in my application isn't worth a final negative response or any meaningful feedback. Which is a pity as the company is doing cool things. It's a small world and maybe one day I'll be a potential client/advising my clients about AML solutions and I'll remember this process.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

I was very impressed with the Interview process. There were 3 rounds - a telephone interview, a general interview + CV review, and a more in depth technical interview with an exercise and a presentation. All of the elements seemed to represent different aspects of the role I was applying for. After each stage, I received feedback within 1-2 working days. The process was transparent from the outset and there was no deviation from the initial structure. There is often a tendency at data science interviews to be asked needlessly specific or trick questions, however all of the questions were open ended enough for me to be able to show my own strengths and weaknesses, which made the whole process feel very positive.

Interview Questions
  • Give a presentation on a Data Science Project you have been part of

Quantexa

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa in Sep 2020

Interview

Went to two interviews and did a test but dropped out due to receiving another offer. First interview with HR recruiter was fairly standard. Second interview was by a data scientist who grilled me about all aspects of my CV and asked me questions about fraud analytics. Was tough remembering everything I had done on my Cv in so much detail but was actually a very pleasant and intellectually stimulating interview! Interviewer was very good at putting me at ease. Exercise was very interesting and should take about half a day. Expectations were to not overthink it and outline reasoning behind taking certain steps as well as explaining how I could have done things differently. Good insight in types of problems the company has

Interview Questions
  • What do you think is one of the biggest challenges of fraud analytics? (No right or wrong answer)
  • Lots of questions around graph techniques

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England, England) in Mar 2020

Interview

Telephone interview with competency questions followed by assessment centre with technical interview, discussion of coding assignment, presentation, cv discussion and group activities. The team at the assessment centre were very friendly and the morning ran very smoothly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Quantexa

Application

I interviewed at Quantexa

Interview

A controlling interviewer who wasted an enormous amount of my time on a 3-stage interview and basically admitted that he's using the take-home assignment stage to harvest people's code and ideas, for which they don't receive a single penny. He seems to take satisfaction in making people dance and trying to "prove" that he is the better developer. Clearly the power has gone to his head. After a challenging first stage face-to-face interview I was given a complex Angular project with only a week to complete it. I was busy that week and ended up with just 3 days left to do it. I think that considering the limited time and circumstances I did a good job; however, it was very rushed so I wasn't sure it would pass. But it did pass and I was invited to the final stage for which I was asked to prepare a 20-minute presentation about a project I have worked on in the past. I spent the week preparing my slides which turned out to be almost a sidenote to the interview. Seemingly almost half the interview was spent going over my rushed code with a fine-toothed comb and kicking me around over a few things I admitted I would do differently if I had more time. Presumably they expect their candidates to drop everything and, for no pay, turn out production-quality code and a lesser work of art which they can crib from at their leisure. In future I am not going to do any interviews where I notice these controlling tendencies from the beginning. I recommend the same course to other people as well.

Interview Questions
  • To give a presentation about a project I have worked on before.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quantexa (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

Take home assignment in Scala, then on-site day interview with group and individual challenges followed by a code review with two engineers and a presentation on a project you had worked on before.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Interviews