Reading Room Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Reading Room Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2017

2.7

Senior UI Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Room.

Interview

I had two face to face interviews. They gave me and offer and after that they declined it. I spent a weekend doing a task for RR that was supposed to share with a team of designers but it was just a copy righter person without interest and knowledge about my task checking it.

Very bad experience. I am actually happy of not going further with this application.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate people in the team?   1 Answer

User Experience Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Reading Room (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

First stage: a short "tell us you career goals" type email
    Second stage: Face to face interview & sample project (Improving customer journey)
    Third stage: informal (very informal!) face to face 'chat' for ~30 minutes with divisional director
    Offer made 2 hours after third stage

The second stage based entirely around the sample project they asked me to do. I needed to improve a customer journey for a website, and justify my reasons for my choices. I prepared 4 wireframes a short Keynote presentation, and a sample client-facing report. All questions were related to my design choices, my journey choices and how I used psychology in my designs. Very relaxed interview & was put at ease by each person I met as part of the interview (3 in total)

The third stage was, I think, a chance for the director to meet me as the company had already decided to offer me the job. I was invited in to chat with him for around 30 minutes, and this was a really informal chat about my career to-date, my reasons for living abroad, my education choices, and how I would apply my psychology to UX.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Reading Room (London, England).

Interview

Initial chat with a HR person and a personality test with a few questions about my CV and portfolio. Quite a few questions regarding subjects unrelated to the role to access my personality.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Reading Room (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First round interview with HR was great. Think i scored on the logic test as well. Therafter, lots of follow ups on the status before getting to 2nd round and after that following up numerous times without reply till a long while later, when I already took up another offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me anything you want to tell me or if you have any questions   Answer Question

Digital Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reading Room (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

First part of the interview was a logic test, I was given 30 minutes to complete the 50 questions. They mentioned that you don't have to finish all 50 questions. Second part of the interview was an informal chat with the Creative Director about my previous experiences and my portfolio. The entire process lasted about 1.5hrs and wasn't too intimidating.

Trainee Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reading Room (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

Logic test, DISC test, and just a very casual chat. Nothing complicated.

"Can you tell us something about your medium-term career goals? and What key skills do you believe you can bring to Reading Room?"

Dress code is casual, be prepared to spend 1 hour at the most for the initial interview.

Senior Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Room (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2015.

Interview

The process was simple. I had applied through Linkedin and the HR contacted me asking to give an essay about myself and about my short term goals. Then I was called on for the first round with the HR after a week. This was very simple logic test and immediately had a HR discussion. After few days HR mailed saying I was selected for the next round and it would be requiements gathering kind of round. I was given two project scopes to choose from. There were some holidays and stuff and so the interview got pushed to three weeks further. Finally I met with the Manager and showcased what I was asked to do. Though the presentation was good, our backgrounds didnt align and they told me we are looking for someone with very similar experience since its a senior role. Same day HR mailed and informed I was not selected!.

Interview Questions

• Two projects at the same time, both nearing deadlines. How will you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Reading Room (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely casual and laughable. The Interviewer didn't even bother asking me if i had any questions until we approached the reception doorway when he was already showing me out. The interviewer lack of clarity when talking was a major issue, as i had to ask him to repeat himself again and again. Everything negative comment i read about the company before attending the interview was realized. Don't even get me started in the

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Room (London, England) in August 2015.

Interview

A casual chat, followed by a logic test and personality profile (DiSC), then a set task to be completed by the next interview. Met several people throughout the process, from the backend coders and the designers, to the creative director and the CEO, all of whom were friendly and accommodating. I had positive feedback all the way through and I felt as though everyone had a postitive view of me, as well as some believing I'd get the position there. I was informed by email after completing the process that I didn't get the position which was disappointing, particularly as there was no real feedback offered or a specific reason. During the time I spent there there was a good atmosphere and sociable chemistry, it seemed like a great place to work.

Reading Room said that they read these comments so I'd like to thank Lucy for helping to organise our (Ravensbournes) final degree show in Reading Rooms "exhibiton" space, Sam, Matt and Bertrand for being great company during our closing night, and Rob and Adam for interviewing me. I know it was a while ago but if you have any feedback for me or insights into why I didn't get the role I'd love to know as I have some interviews coming up and would be grateful to know how to improve, thanks.

Interview Questions

• To complete a set task based around improving a website.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Reading Room (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2015.

Interview

I was asked to send a detailed email including my personal career goal, key skills, why you leave current company, what is your salary expectation, etc. Then after 1 week I was informed to the first round interview. Two parts are in the 1st round interview, logic test and talking with HR. Logic test is not very difficult under the instruction of HR. Then after talking with HR for a few minutes, surprisingly HR said I could enter the 2 round interview then set a time. For BA role, the 2nd round is to imitate a real Business Requirement scene for 15 mins. The interviewers are product managers positions. I did not do very well in 2nd round and may go to the wrong direction of the case study. They want you to ask why but I focus on what. Basically my performance and understanding was not that deep as they want. Then I did not get reply from them after 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• Logic test, personality test.
      Some basic interview questions.
      Case study for a project focus on business requirement collection, not the solution.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.