SGN Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SGN Interview Questions

Interviews at SGN

3.1

Energy Futures Graduate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGN.

Interview

2 e-mail questions then final interview which was held on Microsoft teams due to the covid-19 circumstances. interview lasted about an hour and was competency based with a few hypothetical situation questions, relatively challenging.

Trainee Team Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGN.

Interview

Had a video interview that was 3 questions.
    Group assessment and face to face interview in a holiday inn. I was Abit nervous but it's best to give it your all in the assessment with the group

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you can bring to the company?   1 Answer

Trainee Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SGN (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was tough but rewarding. Ensure to meet all criteria on the online application, have confident and clear answers for the video interview and take enough time to complete the online assessments.
    A good knowledge of the company is essential. Confidence and clear communication in group based tasks is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you problem solved to deliver a project on time.   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SGN (Horley, Surrey, South East England, England) in August 2019.

Interview

2 face to face interviews. First round very informal, I was asked typical interview questions by the hiring manager. Second round was more formal, I was asked competency based and technical questions.

In both interviews I was given plenty of time to ask for questions.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SGN (Horley, Surrey, South East England, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview process was well communicated and involved 3 stages; following my application I was invited to have a telephone interview (around 20 minutes) where I was asked about my interest in the role and relevant experience. I was then invited for a face to face the following week with 2 members of the team where we discussed my background and experience in more detail. I was told more about the role and we had an informal discussion around what I felt I could offer. Shortly after I received a phone call where I was informed that I had been shortlisted for a final interview that would involve a presentation. I had plenty of time to prepare my presentation and the expectations were communicated to me in advance. My final interview was held at the offices and was with 2 managers in the team, lasting around 1 hour. They covered some competency based questions and it was very focused on suitability and new ideas. I was also given an opportunity to ask more about the team and general expectations and my questions were all answered open and honestly. I was then given a quick tour of the office so that I could see the working environment. I was told I would hear back the next working day however was called the same afternoon and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• So what is it that appeals to you about this role and working for SGN?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to this role that is different to what other people have to offer?   Answer Question
    • How would you plan to overcome challenges in this job?   Answer Question
    • How do you prefer to track your performance/achievements?   Answer Question
    • Why are you looking to leave your current company/job?   Answer Question

Employee Experience Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SGN (Edinburgh, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was alerted to an invitation for an interview around a week later. I was unable to attend the original interview date, however my interviewers where very accommodating to rearrange to a more convenient time.

Interview Questions

• The interview consisted on focusing on my previous skills and experience and how this would relate and be beneficial to the position applied for. Several competency based questions where also ask which again related to skills labelled in the job description. Personality questions where asked which gave you more freedom in your answer.   1 Answer

Employee Experience Coordinator Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and was notified of an interview around 7 days later. I was unable to attend the original interview however my interviewers where very accommodating to rearrange.

Interview Questions

• The interview started by focussing on my previous experience and skill set and how this would relate to the position applied for. Competency based questions where also asked which again related to questioning around the specific role and job description given on the original application. Personality questions also enquired which gave you a more freedom to answer. My interviewer communicated with me affectively throughout the process.   1 Answer

Gas Operative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dundee, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SGN (Dundee, Scotland) in February 2019.

Interview

Was very good and gave me plenty experience I learn a lot from it and I’m happy I got the job best interview I ever had. Wasn’t long and was good questions

Interview Questions

• Questions about the company and a bit about my self and what my motivations are   Answer Question

Ledger Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SGN.

Interview

Applied online and had an E-Mail about three weeks later with a date and time included for an interview taking place in their office. Short feedback was received almost two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• Several questions around work ethics and how to handle situations in which co-workers do not behave ethically.   Answer Question

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SGN (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in January 2019.

Interview

Recruiter sent my CV to the company and secured a 1:1 telephone interview (questions re. my CV and my experience). When successful at this I gave a presentation on data sent by the company, for which I presented for 20 minutes on the day and had questions about the powerpoint and my CV etc for about an hour afterwards.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with collaborating with external/ off-shore stakeholders?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.