SGN Reviews

Updated 12 Aug 2020

3.8
SGN CEO John Morea
John Morea
Pros
  • "Good benefits and good career opportunities(in 9 reviews)

• "Amazing training, management team are brilliant, never bored, great people to work with(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "The senior management team never seem to listen(in 9 reviews)

• "Long hours - but you're financially compensated very well(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

5.0
    Current Employee - Senior Test Manager in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a dynamic business, really up and coming in their technology, a fast paced and exciting place to work at the sharp end of today's technology. I find most the people here are really down to earth, minimising on the fluff and jargon, they actually get on with the work! I am well supported by my manager and I feel appreciated. Incredibly busy, but the work life balance is good! It is still early days in the business, but so far so good.

Cons

Its a bit chaotic at times, lots going on. Office is very industrial and dated compared to other businesses I have worked in, limited on facilities, basic canteen, no gym and located in an industrial estate.

November 6, 2019Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's great to hear you think SGN is a great company to work for! We hope you continue to enjoy working here and being part of the SGN family.

2. "Good opportunity"

Former Employee - Head of Environment and Sustainability in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SGN full-time for more than a year

Pros

Can do attitude, lots of staff and support

Cons

Slow to change like trying to turn a large ship

3. "SGN Champion"

Current Employee - Administration Manager in Luton, East of England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

friendly and supportive team to work with

Cons

located in London, quite far from my location

4. COVID-19

"Good experience, continuously improving"

Current Employee - Stakeholder Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The way SGN has looked after it's employees during Covid-19 has been great e.g. very quickly mobilising homeworking; stopping all but essential works; getting PPE out to those in need; regular comms; use of technology (MS Teams and a comms App) to ensure people stay connected; listening to employees via a covid survey; and working tirelessly to ensure offices and depots are safe for those people returning. I've been impressed that changes are being made as a result of survey feedback and I must say, I love the new recognition system, shout out. So many genuine shows of appreciation - spot on timing. I can honestly say I'm proud to work for SGN. Thank you!

Cons

Sometimes the pace of change is slow, but it's a utility and many of the people don't like change so inevitably it can be like pushing water uphill.

July 22, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for taking the time to write a review and give your feedback - we're so pleased to hear your experience working at SGN during Covid-19 has been positive and you felt supported in SGN's response. I'm glad you're enjoying the new recognition system, Shout Out, as we know how important it is to recognise our colleagues and all of the great work being done across the business - especially during this time. We're constantly listening and collecting insight from our people, like with the recent Covid-19 survey, so we can make meaningful changes to the way we work. We recognise ‘the pace of change’ at SGN can sometimes be slow because we're a regulated business with safety and process considerations to make. However, in recent months, we've increased the pace to ensure we're responding and adapting to the situation as it develops . We're committed to continuously improving and look forward to lots more positive change ahead. Thanks again for your contribution and feedback.

5. COVID-19

"Brilliant Company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Talent Coordinator in Portsmouth, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've had a great experience right from the word go. Being part of SGN during the Pandemic has proven they are a company who care about their employers. Clear and concise information given regularly and support available at all times. Progression is made clear from the beginning and it seems managers genuinely care about getting you to the best place within your job role. Not a bad word to say.

Cons

Unable to use Car Park unless issued with parking space, long waiting list.

July 22, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. These are unprecedented times for us all and we're immensely proud of how our people have risen to the challenge. Our office based colleagues have really embraced working from home and we know that many would like to continue working more flexibly in the future. Hopefully this will have a positive impact on parking in Portsmouth!

"Great company to work for!"

5.0
    Current Employee - Background Checking Administrator in Horley, Surrey, South East England, England

I have been working at SGN part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working, work from home, supportive and friendly colleagues!

Cons

Not applicable, I have no Cons with the Business!

July 22, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for leaving us a review. It's great to hear such positive feedback!

7. "Pipeline Engineer"

4.0
    Current Employee - Pipeline Engineer in Aberdeen, Scotland

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good Staff and working environment. Good benefits

Cons

Pay too low. Not much job progression.

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thank you for your recent review and for sharing your insights. Job progression is normally an area where we get lots of positive feedback but we understand progression in some areas can be quite limited and it's not always possible to achieve some aspirations. I would encourage you to speak to your manager or HR Manager to find out what development opportunities are available and how they might be able to support you. Work with your manager to set clear objectives, aligned with supporting your development. Best of luck!

8. "excellent"

Current Employee - First Call Operative in Aldershot, England

I have been working at SGN full-time for less than a year

Pros

management very supportive and commited to staff

Cons

vehicle supply, theory training dates availability

April 14, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks so much for your "excellent" review! It's great to hear your experience at SGN has been positive so far and we hope you enjoy a long and fulfilling career with us.

"Varied work"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Poole, England

I worked at SGN part-time

Pros

Option to buy additional leave Busy role

Cons

Understaffed so can get stressful

May 12, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks for leaving us a review and for helping to look after our customers during your time at SGN! The Customer Experience team is a great place to work but it can be incredibly busy, especially when an incident occurs. We really value the work this team, and all of our teams do to keep our customers safe and warm and lead the way in energy delivery. Wishing you the very best for the future.

10. "SGN"

4.0
    Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

I have been working at SGN full-time

Pros

Good hours Good team to work with

Cons

The work can be quite boring

March 4, 2020Employee Experience Officer

Thanks very much for taking the time to leave us a review, employee feedback is incredibly valuable to us.

Found 115 reviews