SSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SSE Interview Questions

Interviews at SSE

2.9

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SSE (New London, WI (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

You have to do some online tests then a video interview, where you have to record yourself answering some questions about yourself and why you wanna join the conpany, and a bit about the role you applied for.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SSE (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with several management figures followed by an introductory meeting with the same management figures. The questions about skills and experience were relatively easy to answer and the experience questions were not extensive because the company was hiring fresh college graduates.

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Telephone, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a 10-minute telephone interview after an online application and some online verbal and numerical reasoning test. The recruiter was a bit unfriendly and there was lot of noise in the background, which I didn't like. The questions were competency-based. After that, the next step was the assessment center

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this programme?

What did you do to enhance your career except of your studies?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online for the distribution graduate scheme, completed video interview and was offered a place at an assessment centre in Thatcham on the 27th November 2019. On the 24th November 2019 I was called by the recruitment team to cancel the assessment centre as they did not have enough candidates, which would make the group task infeasible. I was reassured that another date will be agreed for mid to late January 2020. I then received an email at the end of January saying:

"Thank you for applying to join the SSE Graduate Programme.

We regret to advise you that a decision has been taken by the business not to progress with the recruitment of this post and the vacancy has now been cancelled.

We apologise for any disappointment this may cause and want to thank you for the time and effort you put into the recruitment process.

We hope that you will apply to SSE in the future. Any new opportunities will be posted on our careers site (www.sse.com/careers)."

Firstly, how can a large company like SSE not have enough candidates? I know many people who applied the same time as me and were not offered a place at the assessment centre. Secondly, a graduate scheme is done year after year thus, how hard can it be to arrange the same thing at the same time every year? To top it off, they have apparently cancelled the vacancy as a whole which leaves me to believe they are some sort of sick joke.

Interview Questions

• Why not apply for a more organised company with a functional recruitment process?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE.

Interview

Firstly there were some online tests. After I passed these I was invited for an online interview, I didn't feel I prepared particularly well for this but was still offered a place at an assessment centre. I was rejected at the assessment centre stage.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up to date with developments in the industry?   Answer Question

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

My experience consisted of an initial application , SJT testing and a recorded video interview, although there is an assessment centre for people who get past the video interview. The video interview requires a webcam, but is flexible so can be done during any point until the deadline given.

Interview Questions

• Questions are based around each of their values, which are listed online in leaflets etc. So study them and prepare competency based answers and past experiences to give in response   Answer Question

Graduate Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland) in December 2019.

Interview

Submit a CV and follow up with psychometric testing online. Complete a digital video interview answering mainly competency based questions to get accepted to assessment centre which is composed of an interview and presentation

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you considered safety when other had not

Describe a time where   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

One face to face interview - lasted around an hour.
    No 2nd interview stage
    No phone interview was required
    Offered the next morning - started one month later. Offered was sent out in the post along with copy of contract.

Provisioning Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Reading, England).

Interview

Email received confirming successful at gaining an interview. Link to various timeslots and dates to chose. Confirmation mail received with time slot and link to who I'd be meeting. Interview itself was good. The interviewers were warm and friendly and invited a 2 way conversation and questions.
    Interview was on the Monday. Verbal offer received on the Friday.

Interview Questions

• Standard competency questions, but framed in such a way to allow you to open up.   Answer Question

Process Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havant, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Havant, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Very unprofessional, long wait between emails / calls / contact. Interview was more a chance to be told every that was wrong with the company. Money and benefits attractive, but that’s about it.

Interview Questions

• Competency based questions, read from a workbook, irrelevant to role, no chance to discuss anything else   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.