SSE Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SSE Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jul 2018

2.9

Graduate Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Telephone, TX (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a 10-minute telephone interview after an online application and some online verbal and numerical reasoning test. The recruiter was a bit unfriendly and there was lot of noise in the background, which I didn't like. The questions were competency-based. After that, the next step was the assessment center

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to this programme?

What did you do to enhance your career except of your studies?   Answer Question

Other Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE.

Interview

Process included online numerical and psychometric testing - why is this required? Was unsuccessful after final interview and contacted shortly after about another position which I was deemed suitable for. Went back in for a chat and after 3 weeks was informed that budget was not approved for the position, then it was re-advertised. Poor show. Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole after such a poor experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about social and economic factors which influence decisions - not remotely relevant to the role.   Answer Question

SSE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SSE (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

Take 2 technical round 1 hr round after that give offer after 1 month.I accept offer letter.
    But no response come from second day.process is very slow and salary offered by aricent is very low.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland) in June 2015.

Interview

Sent CV. Invited to interview. Asked what I knew about SSE, what I knew about power generation and what skills I had that aligned to the role. Read up on the company and their values and specifically safety. Bring along any work you did at uni which aligned with the requirements, dissertation etc and show evidence that you researched the industry and potential work i.e. hydro, thermal, wind etc.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (London, England) in September 2013.

Interview

Informal face to face meeting to talk through knowledge and skills and discuss suitability for the role in Marketing team. Discussion focussed on multi location of the team across Glasgow, Edinburgh and Reading and included broad overview of the company, culture and the existing team. Two stage process across one month and met a total of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an overview of your skills and expertise and what you bring to the company   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Perth, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Perth, Scotland) in August 2008.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with the marketing team. The first one was a phone interview which was focused on my CV and previous experience. The second one was a presentation on how they could improve their website.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SSE (Glasgow, Scotland) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by automated email shortly after the opening closed and was invited to interview. I was greeted by two members of the marketing team who went through a series of questions both skills-based and personality-based.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you made a miscalculation at work and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SSE.

Interview

Was interviewed for 3 minutes in a canteen after work by a manager. Was told all the negative aspects of the staff currently employed in facilities at this location. Told to get rid of certain staff by working them out of the job.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to get rid of named staff   1 Answer

Negotiation

Done in smoke shelters

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at SSE (Portsmouth, South East England, England).

Interview

Phone interview then two face to face. Poor experience old fashioned and not very clear about what the role was. Last face to face interview was shambolic interviewer was rude and unfriendly did not really present a positive image of the company. Had asked for some background information priori to interview to support interview with factual data, HR never even acknowledged the request and did not reply. Interviewer asked questions that were basic but also some that were hostile.

Interview Questions

• How do you mix with people?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SSE in November 2014.

Interview

Telephone interview talked about current CV and reasons for applying and some thoughts about SSE. First face to face interview for culture fit likes and dislikes at work, what motivates you outside of work. Next came the Grad SHL tests ( verbal, numerical and personality), final competency based interview plus a presentation around a given topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have added value and what measures/process you used to record the value   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.