Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 20 Oct 2018

2.6

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Standard process consisted of lengthy online application, followed by HR screening via phone. The final two interviews were the direct supervisor and their manager. The latter interviewed in person. Immediate feedback was provided to candidate to gauge interest level and likelihood that employer will move forward in the process. Minor delays existed due to manager travel schedule, but HR provided courtesy call to reassure candidate of continued interest.

Interview Questions

• Asked about audit background and experience in the financial services industry   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

The interview process was easy. You first had a technical phone call interview. And then if they choose so, you are called in the office to sit with 2 senior level engineers in a white board session.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a pseudo answer to a fizzbuzz question.   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Phila, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and the phone screening was done. Told me I was overqualified for the position. Asked me a bunch of questions over the phone.
    Phone screening is a waste of time, would have preferred to have face to face.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

This was a panel interview it consisted of senior Vice Presidents and 2 floor managers. They asked the general questions about work experience from previous job. They also asked about desired shift hours and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you had to make in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation set salary

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Prior to in-person interview I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions. She was very pilot. Within the next week I interviewed in-person with 2 managers. The interview was fairly simple. Situational based questions. Interviewers were really concerned with my confidence in being a collections agent and will I be able to handle out-bound calling and requesting payment. Although they were kind, I felt as though they weren’t interested because I had no prior collections experience. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to collect payments from customers via phone?   Answer Question
    • In past positions were there specific protocols you had to follow and how did you keep up as they changed?   Answer Question

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (San Juan, PR (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was transferred from another entity so I didn't have to interview. The CAO in PR asked me if I was interested in coming to Boston and after I agreed they just called to tell me about the new role

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter found me on Indeed. That told me she was looking at an older resume. I sent her an updated resume. Got a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston, MA. When I came in for the in-person interview, the manager interviewing me spent a lot of time telling me how difficult it was for her to work with the senior manager. She also asked about my car and told me how she would never take public transit. This was a real red flag since Boston has a very strong public transit system. The manager had me meet with the senior manager who asked me to sit in a child's chair. This allowed the senior manager to look DOWN at me and reinforced the junior level of the job. The manager told the senior manager that I am perfect fit for the job because I have a background in operations. This was an immediate red flag and told me the manager did not understand my financial resume. So I just sat there in the little children's chair, while the manager talked to the senior manager about my "qualifications" for the job. It was clear that this was a very junior level job. The manager tried to get me to meet another senior manager and he did not want to meet with me (red flag). A few weeks later, I got an offer on the phone for a really low, junior level pay of 88K and the HR recruiter (she was a contract recruiter) told me the job would be in Farmingham, MA (which has very little public transit). I told the HR recruiter I was looking for about 120K and she said that is what the manager makes and I can not make more than the manager. So, they had me interview for a very junior level job. A week or so later, I got a formal job offer via an encrypted attachment that I could not open. The job was suppose to start on Jan 26, 2015 and fortunately, on that day, I got another job offer from the District of Columbia government for 120K. I could never open the encrypted attachment so I could not accept the Santander job offer. Total red flag indicating serious problems at the bank. Indeed the bank failed the Federal Reserve capital adequacy test recently. Don't apply here. Recruiting fails.

Interview Questions

• No questions except a discussion about why the interviewing manager would never use public transit.   1 Answer

Web Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after being contacted by HR I had a brief phone interview with the hiring manager. I was asked simple questions about my skills and told what the job would entail. It was short and to the point. In all it was pleasant and professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with A/B testing?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Applied online. The interview process was fairly simple and straight forward. The recruiter who contacted initially was friendly and set me up for the phone interview with a senior level person, who went through some technical details regarding what I had given on my resume. Was contacted the same week to appear for the next round of interview which was in person at their office. Met with two senior level people at the interview who gave me a good overview of the company and went through my resume details and experience again, and explained to me what I would be doing in my role and how the office culture was, etc. All of them were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty straightforward, such as talk about what you did in your previous work experience and how you contributed to your company's growth   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I was contacted by a Recruiter, via e-mail, for an interview for an Analyst position that I had applied for on-line in January 2015. The recruiter wanted to set up a phone interview for the position and so we set a date. 30 minutes before the interview was to begin, I received an e-mail stating that she had encountered some unexpected issues that required her immediate attention, and that she would need to reschedule our phone interview, for a later time. I let her know that this was fine by me, and to contact me with the new phone interview date(s) and time. I never heard back from her, even after I e-mailed her 3 more times reiterating my interest in the position and requesting feed back about the process. I thought that is was strange, but I assumed that another candidate was found and hired and moved on. 7 months later, another Recruiter contacted me about two different positions with Santander, by leaving a voicemail. The positions were not advertised and I had not applied for them, however, she saw my resume on the company website and believed that I would be a good fit for one of the 2 positions that she had in mind. I attempted to contact her back, ( Thursday and Friday) and was unable to reach her on the 2 days following the voicemail. By Monday, the 3rd business day, she informed me by e-mail that she had received my messages and would reach out to me by the close of the day, as she was currently swamped after the weekend. 2 days later, on Wed., after not hearing back, I contacted her again to at least find out what positions she was referring to and to obtain details on these positions. After finally speaking with her and getting a good feel of the positions and the requirements, and providing additional details on my past professional experience, she informed me that she would submit my credentials and speak to the Head of the departments, that held the openings and contact me no later than Friday of that week ( this phone call occurred on a Wed.) By Wed. of the following week, I contacted the Recruiter again, left a message and just mentally washed my hands of the entire sordid process. That was over 3 weeks ago, I have not heard from the Recruiter again, and I suspect that I never will. I don't know what this company has going on, but if the manner in which they handle prospective employees is any indication of the communication, etiquette, integrity or basic considerations in which they interact with the current employees, I am grateful for missing this bullet. What is with these people?

Interview Questions

• Explain past work experiences and how these experience would be of benefit to me in this position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.