Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 10 Jun 2018

2.7

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

First and Second round interviews. 1 on 1 interview in first round and 4 interviews plus case presentation for final. They had many people come in for Super Day interview so it was very competitive.

Interview Questions

• They asked you to do research on a topic and present your thoughts during one of the interview sessions.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meriden, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander (Meriden, CT (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Had a computerized assessment for position, didn't see person as a whole but just another number. They had irrelevant questions for the position. They were talking about putting things in order which made no sense for this position. This wasn't based on the industry or what the job responsibilities were or would be.

Interview Questions

• Spoke about airline parts and how long it would take someone.   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Providence, RI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (East Providence, RI (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted for a brief phone interview, which culminated in setting up an in-person interview two days later. At that stage, I was interviewed by two individuals simultaneously; the one that would eventually be my direct supervisor and a department manager.

Interview Questions

• They asked many open-ended questions that are designed to understand your character and customer service abilities.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Newark, NJ (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Phone interview scheduled via email. 15 mins. Polite woman. The conversation went well. Was invited to the second interview with the branch manager which was scheduled on a phone call.

Interview Questions

• You have a different professional background. Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wyomissing, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Wyomissing, PA (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I had a phone interview and asked me a lot of questions. Then I had an in-person interview days after, which was actually easier than the phone interview.

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Santander (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Interview process was really smooth; If they are interested in you then they move the process really fast.

Interviewed with Hiring Manager and HR Head. Interview questions asked were directly work related.

Interview Questions

• Level of experience in Financial Audits and being comfortable in working independently.   Answer Question

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Easy; there weren't any brainteasers. Every conversation included behavioral questions. There were only one on one conversations; there weren't any group interviews. The interview/ hiring process was quick and painless.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

1-on-1 interviews with 3 people - a member of the team, the manager and senior manager. Each interview lasted about 45 minutes, but the senior manager interview went for about 90 minutes - the person had a lot to say!

Interview Questions

• 1) how do you handle communication on a project
      2) talk about a project that didnt go so well and how did you manage it
      3) talk about project management style and examples of working with others
      4) talk about risk management
      5) talk about leadership and expectations from leadership   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I've ever had. I submitted my resume and HR called me in for a first round interview with the manager. It was an informal interview but it went well, and the manager said that next steps would be for me to come in for a second round. I coordinated with HR and they scheduled me for a second round. It was a 3 hour interview so I took the day off from work. I show up, wait in the reception area. 15 minutes go by and I ask the receptionist for an update. She calls the interviewer, no answer. Another half hour goes by and the manager that interviewed me the first time shows up in the lobby. They escort me into a room, and then they proceed to apologize. The position had been put on hold and they neglected to coordinate that with HR. HR also neglected to coordinate with the interviewers and that they had not accepted the interviews.

This was a complete waste of my time, but it reaffirmed that this is a terrible place to work if they are unable to effectively coordinate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff - why are you interested, why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

They required an assessment prior to an interview and that shut the door on a possible interview within the next 6 months. I will continue looking elsewhere. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• The Assessment was asking about your old manager's opinion and not as neutral as is should have been which made me not like the position as much as before taking it.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.