Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 6 Aug 2018

2.7

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Standard process consisted of lengthy online application, followed by HR screening via phone. The final two interviews were the direct supervisor and their manager. The latter interviewed in person. Immediate feedback was provided to candidate to gauge interest level and likelihood that employer will move forward in the process. Minor delays existed due to manager travel schedule, but HR provided courtesy call to reassure candidate of continued interest.

Interview Questions

• Asked about audit background and experience in the financial services industry   Answer Question

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Phila, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and the phone screening was done. Told me I was overqualified for the position. Asked me a bunch of questions over the phone.
    Phone screening is a waste of time, would have preferred to have face to face.

Collection Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Santander (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

This was a panel interview it consisted of senior Vice Presidents and 2 floor managers. They asked the general questions about work experience from previous job. They also asked about desired shift hours and how you can contribute to the company.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult decision you had to make in your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation set salary

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Prior to in-person interview I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions. She was very pilot. Within the next week I interviewed in-person with 2 managers. The interview was fairly simple. Situational based questions. Interviewers were really concerned with my confidence in being a collections agent and will I be able to handle out-bound calling and requesting payment. Although they were kind, I felt as though they weren’t interested because I had no prior collections experience. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to collect payments from customers via phone?   Answer Question
    • In past positions were there specific protocols you had to follow and how did you keep up as they changed?   Answer Question

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (San Juan, PR (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was transferred from another entity so I didn't have to interview. The CAO in PR asked me if I was interested in coming to Boston and after I agreed they just called to tell me about the new role

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

HR recruiter found me on Indeed. That told me she was looking at an older resume. I sent her an updated resume. Got a phone interview with the hiring manager in Boston, MA. When I came in for the in-person interview, the manager interviewing me spent a lot of time telling me how difficult it was for her to work with the senior manager. She also asked about my car and told me how she would never take public transit. This was a real red flag since Boston has a very strong public transit system. The manager had me meet with the senior manager who asked me to sit in a child's chair. This allowed the senior manager to look DOWN at me and reinforced the junior level of the job. The manager told the senior manager that I am perfect fit for the job because I have a background in operations. This was an immediate red flag and told me the manager did not understand my financial resume. So I just sat there in the little children's chair, while the manager talked to the senior manager about my "qualifications" for the job. It was clear that this was a very junior level job. The manager tried to get me to meet another senior manager and he did not want to meet with me (red flag). A few weeks later, I got an offer on the phone for a really low, junior level pay of 88K and the HR recruiter (she was a contract recruiter) told me the job would be in Farmingham, MA (which has very little public transit). I told the HR recruiter I was looking for about 120K and she said that is what the manager makes and I can not make more than the manager. So, they had me interview for a very junior level job. A week or so later, I got a formal job offer via an encrypted attachment that I could not open. The job was suppose to start on Jan 26, 2015 and fortunately, on that day, I got another job offer from the District of Columbia government for 120K. I could never open the encrypted attachment so I could not accept the Santander job offer. Total red flag indicating serious problems at the bank. Indeed the bank failed the Federal Reserve capital adequacy test recently. Don't apply here. Recruiting fails.

Interview Questions

• No questions except a discussion about why the interviewing manager would never use public transit.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dorchester, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Santander (Dorchester, MA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

HR was great. He explained the departments that were hiring and why. Also disclosed that the department I applied was moving to another location soon, inaccessible to me, so offered me another position.

Interview Questions

• Hiring Manager only asked: "Do you think you'll be a good fit?"   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santander (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

easy going,quite simple with basic questions plus some questions about my backgound and experiences. Talked about languages, multicultural environments ,computer skills ,networking skills , creativity.He asked me about criminal records and past places where I lived. We reviewed the duties I would have to do when becomeing part of santander as well as dress code, company culture and

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Santander (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

HR called me on the phone and we had a 45 min. conversation. I was in a different country and the interviewer knew that. I said i was willing to fly back as soon as possible if i got the job. I think that showed them motivation.

Interview Questions

• What did you like about working in your previous job?   1 Answer

Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santander (New York, NY (US)) in February 2009.

Interview

takes 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiations

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.