Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2017

2.7

Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Pennington, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview; moved on quickly to a preliminary interview with the regional manager, and moved on with the branch manager. The interview process was pretty simple if you know that is the job you would want in your carrier. They are looking for career oriented people with skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years with the company?   Answer Question

Investment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I applied online. This was for the private bank in Miami. Got a call from the recruiter about a week later. The recruiter had very limited understanding of what the role was about. I gave the recruiter several available times to speak to the hiring manager. She never confirmed the interview. I tried calling and sending emails but there was no response. The hiring manager called me one random day asking if there had been a problem since I had not called him. The hiring manager was gracious and we both agreed that I was not the ideal fit for the role. He, however, expressed interest in me applying for a different role. He told me to work it out with the recruiter but I was never able to her a hold of her again. One of theost unprofessional experiences I've had while interviewing for a job.

Dealer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online recorded questions. They ask you 5 questions and you record your answers by online video. The process is smooth and easy. They ask pretty basic interview questions that you should be able to answer with some ease.

Interview Questions

• Name some stressful situations you have been through and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Straight forward interview , basic questions doesn't really ask to much questions. Just have to go in there being yourself and smile and talk about recent jobs that you had. Are you willing to work under pressure

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview a couple of months later. The recruiter was very friendly, went over my background and allowed me to ask questions. She told me which branches had openings in her district. She told me someone would call me the next day to set up an in person interview, and she emailed me with the name of the person who would call as well as the person who I would interview with. She also told me to feel free to reach out to her with any questions. I didn't get a call the next day, but I didn't think anything of it. I let a few days go by before I tried calling the recruiter and I got her voicemail every time. I sent her an email two weeks after my phone interview and she apologized for the delay, saying that she had been away and now the executive I was meant to meet with was now away. She said someone would call as soon as he returned. A month later, I received an automated rejection email.

HR Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was very basic HR questions. Very nice HR manager, explained everything thoroughly. Some behavioral questions, also asks what you know about the company and why you want to work there so be sure to do your research, you have to show that you genuinely want the job.

did not get the job- no prior experience in HR.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Recruitment needs to follow up with people like they say they will. If you get an email saying "I'll follow up later this afternoon :-)" wouldn't you think that's a good sign? Well 4 emails and 2 voicemails later I got nothing. No one else to contact. Recruiter didn't seem too organized when I went in for the interview (didn't even have a business card to give another candidate). On top of that, I know others who got hired who have heard back from this specific recruiter.

A simple yes we'd like the continue or no at this time we feel you wouldn't be a good fit for this role would have been great but, nope.

Interview Questions

• Dumb question (I'm 27 and I was shocked to even hear them ask me this): How do you copy and paste on a computer?   1 Answer

Senior Contracts Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I applied online, The recruiter emailed me out of the blue via email asking if I was interested in relocating. I said yes that same day he said if I was interested in doing a screening. The next week we had a short phone screening interview he asked me questions about my experience and why I wanted to move. We set up an interview with the hiring manager for the week after the screening. Spoke with the hiring manager who asked me why I wanted to move and general questions about my experience. Overall I'm rating the experience as poor just because I never heard back from the recruiter or the hiring manager whether yay or nay. Which I found common but in bad taste.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about your experience? Are you only interested in Technology transactions   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Application

I interviewed at Santander in July 2017.

Interview

Doesn't ask a lot of questions. Very straight forward and basic. They want you to be very enthusiastic and smiling. In other words have energy and smile. Good luck !

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Received an email on June 7th 2017 asking if I was still interested in the Relationship Banker position as I applied for a week or 2 prior. Recruiter set up interview the following day for 10:30am. 10:30am came and went. I sent a follow up email the next day inquiring why the interview did not take place-was told they had to be out of the office. She asked if I was available that day (Friday) or Monday. I responded that I was available for either. She set up the interview for 10am that Monday. Shocker- 10am Monday came and went. I emailed her 2 hours our "interview time" wondering what was going on as this was the SECOND interview blown off. She said she had called but it went to voicemail. Sorry honey, but I sat here waiting and waiting- you never called. I asked to confirm the number they called, she just responded with "am I available right now" Not confirming the number is a clear indicator they did not call. I told her I was all set as she clearly does not respect me or my time. Today, I received an email from her again (the same email I received when she first reached out about the position) "Hello! Thank you for your application! Are you still interested in a Relationship Banker position?" Ummmmmm ARE YOU SERIOUS???????????? Note- I am tagging this as Yes, but I declined the offer because I would more than likely been hired for the position if.....they just picked up the phone and called.

Interview Questions

• They have to actually call to ask the questions, but I can only imagine.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.