Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 12 Dec 2017

2.7

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Depending on the role and the department manager, you can have a great time. I was happy for the most part. Phone screen, face to face interview. Then, background check and drug test.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Phila, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and the phone screening was done. Told me I was overqualified for the position. Asked me a bunch of questions over the phone.
    Phone screening is a waste of time, would have preferred to have face to face.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santander (Madison, NJ (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter was positive experience nice guy. The interview was long i spent about 50 minutes discussing my background my experience and much more. Very comfprtable and great experience.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Methuen, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Methuen, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process from start to finish. If they see you have better qualities for another position they reach out to you for another interview. All were very nice and professional. If you have banking experience the interview process will be easy for you.

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Prior to in-person interview I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions. She was very pilot. Within the next week I interviewed in-person with 2 managers. The interview was fairly simple. Situational based questions. Interviewers were really concerned with my confidence in being a collections agent and will I be able to handle out-bound calling and requesting payment. Although they were kind, I felt as though they weren’t interested because I had no prior collections experience. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to collect payments from customers via phone?   Answer Question
    • In past positions were there specific protocols you had to follow and how did you keep up as they changed?   Answer Question

Director - Vendor Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Typical call by a recruiter to go over some logistics (she did as for my current salary which is unlawful in MA). I met with 5 folks, from Head(didnt understand what this title is) to Directors for Senior Managers. Santander bank is now a mini Citizens Bank as whole of the team is from Citizens. Also, their another Head of VRM group recently left and joined BBH. Coming back to interview, some folks were smart but seems they are more focused on completing vendor reviews because FFIEC handbook says so. I got a sense that they did a "lift and shift" from citizens bank and apart form a few , rest are just focused on filling templates. Anyway, I felt that they didnt understand basics of so called "risk based" approach that they kept using. Anyway, I just noticed that they hired somebody who was ex Santander but have no credentials for this role --

Licensed Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pennington, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Pennington, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone interview; moved on quickly to a preliminary interview with the regional manager, and moved on with the branch manager. The interview process was pretty simple if you know that is the job you would want in your carrier. They are looking for career oriented people with skills.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years with the company?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position and then got a phone interview from a recruiter. Second step was an interview over the phone with the hiring manager. Third step was an on-site interview with 5 people, ~30 min each.
    In general, it was an easy going interview, mainly get to know each other (me as a candidate and the position).
    Then it all ended. There was no further communication, neither from the recruiter (who by the way had promised to let me know regardless of the outcome), nor from the hiring manager. It is clear what the outcome was but I find this very unprofessional. You don't spend 3 interview sessions just so they don't even let you know the result.

Investment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

I applied online. This was for the private bank in Miami. Got a call from the recruiter about a week later. The recruiter had very limited understanding of what the role was about. I gave the recruiter several available times to speak to the hiring manager. She never confirmed the interview. I tried calling and sending emails but there was no response. The hiring manager called me one random day asking if there had been a problem since I had not called him. The hiring manager was gracious and we both agreed that I was not the ideal fit for the role. He, however, expressed interest in me applying for a different role. He told me to work it out with the recruiter but I was never able to her a hold of her again. One of theost unprofessional experiences I've had while interviewing for a job.

Dealer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Online recorded questions. They ask you 5 questions and you record your answers by online video. The process is smooth and easy. They ask pretty basic interview questions that you should be able to answer with some ease.

Interview Questions

• Name some stressful situations you have been through and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.