Santander Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Santander Interview Questions

Updated 13 Feb 2018

2.7

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Santander (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

It was the worst interview experience I've ever had. I submitted my resume and HR called me in for a first round interview with the manager. It was an informal interview but it went well, and the manager said that next steps would be for me to come in for a second round. I coordinated with HR and they scheduled me for a second round. It was a 3 hour interview so I took the day off from work. I show up, wait in the reception area. 15 minutes go by and I ask the receptionist for an update. She calls the interviewer, no answer. Another half hour goes by and the manager that interviewed me the first time shows up in the lobby. They escort me into a room, and then they proceed to apologize. The position had been put on hold and they neglected to coordinate that with HR. HR also neglected to coordinate with the interviewers and that they had not accepted the interviews.

This was a complete waste of my time, but it reaffirmed that this is a terrible place to work if they are unable to effectively coordinate the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic stuff - why are you interested, why do you want to work here.   Answer Question

Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

They required an assessment prior to an interview and that shut the door on a possible interview within the next 6 months. I will continue looking elsewhere. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• The Assessment was asking about your old manager's opinion and not as neutral as is should have been which made me not like the position as much as before taking it.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied nearly 6 months before I heard anything back from the company. I got an email requesting a phone interview, which was followed by back to back interviews with a manager and the director of the customer service department. Very simple and to the point

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Santander.

Interview

Laid back. The manager of a branch interviewed me in her office. This was after I had been called by a recruiter and had a brief phone interview with him.

Interview Questions

• In this profession, we ask customers to tell us pretty personal things: income, social security, future financial plans, etc. How able are you to speak to complete strangers and sell a product that requires sensitive information?   1 Answer

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Edison, NJ (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

the recruiter called me on friday, asked me some questions about my skills and it was easy and short. She then sent me and e - mail with the hiring manager info. I had my second interview in less than a week. it took about one hour but it was easy and the manager was very nice. then two weeks after, I met with the executive manager who was so nice as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult or angry customer and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Reading, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Prior to in-person interview I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Basic questions. She was very pilot. Within the next week I interviewed in-person with 2 managers. The interview was fairly simple. Situational based questions. Interviewers were really concerned with my confidence in being a collections agent and will I be able to handle out-bound calling and requesting payment. Although they were kind, I felt as though they weren’t interested because I had no prior collections experience. A week later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had to collect payments from customers via phone?   Answer Question
    • In past positions were there specific protocols you had to follow and how did you keep up as they changed?   Answer Question

Mortgage Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Depending on the role and the department manager, you can have a great time. I was happy for the most part. Phone screen, face to face interview. Then, background check and drug test.

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Santander (Phila, PA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called and the phone screening was done. Told me I was overqualified for the position. Asked me a bunch of questions over the phone.
    Phone screening is a waste of time, would have preferred to have face to face.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Santander (Madison, NJ (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Met with a recruiter was positive experience nice guy. The interview was long i spent about 50 minutes discussing my background my experience and much more. Very comfprtable and great experience.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Methuen, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Santander (Methuen, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Very easy process from start to finish. If they see you have better qualities for another position they reach out to you for another interview. All were very nice and professional. If you have banking experience the interview process will be easy for you.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.