Found 4,219 of over 19K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Santander
a year ago
Global Relationship Manager
Looking for advice as I head to the states to pursue a Large Corporate Relationship Manager role. Any advice on what I should look to pitch as a salary range and variable pay would be very helpful. HSBC JPMorgan Chase Citi Bank of America Wells Fargo Santander MUFG
Got a burning question about Santander? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Santander employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "benefits are good and immediate" (in 458 reviews)
- "The amount of sick/vacation time they give is great for people just starting with the bank." (in 414 reviews)
- "very result oriented and good pay" (in 270 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance; relatively low entry criteria; international workforce;" (in 251 reviews)
- "Good company ethics and culture" (in 161 reviews)
- "Poor management and lot of restrictions" (in 311 reviews)
- "Salary is low and promotion takes a long time" (in 176 reviews)
- "Some of the Senior and middle level Managers have no clue how to run the Bank" (in 161 reviews)
- "Long hours and bureaucratic sometimes" (in 80 reviews)
- "Upper management terrible." (in 62 reviews)
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW17 Apr 2023Senior IT ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLondon, England
Been here 30 yrs and love it. Really flexible so was great for childcare over the years - now I see this as useful for aged parents and grandchild care. Takes menopause, diversity, social mobility, women in IT, employee mental health etc seriously. Really supportive colleagues - this is an encouraged / measured behaviour. Training and advancement on offer, ability to move around in different roles, mentoring encouraged. Regular employee surveys taken very seriously by management.
Can’t really think of any cons. I’m a strong recommender of working here.
- 4.025 Nov 2023Personal BankerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsMilton Keynes, England
Fun environment if you get along with your colleagues. Great working hours inside the city centre from 10am - 6pm. Good work life balance.
Staff love to hire people from outside as managers, rather than upgrading current staff from their role to the new position. It's much more loyal and cost effective, and 9/10 the existing staff members are much more experienced.
- 4.027 Nov 2023Personal BankerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Good stepping stone for someone in the early stages of their career.
Working weekends became frustrating and I felt this wasn’t evenly divided.
- 5.014 Nov 2023Product OwnerFormer Employee, more than 3 yearsLondon, England
- Excellent staff benefits system - Get to work on meaningful projects - employee wellbeing is top , they are always looking to ensure their staff are well and healthy - Senior leaders listen and support where they can
- Should match the salaries to the market rate - More promotion, can be difficult to move up
- 4.024 Oct 2023Digital Banking AdvisorFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsBelfast, Northern Ireland
Good place to start, long training and plenty of support. Good culture. Good support structure and most people are willing to help you out if you're stuck.
Limited opportunity for growth within the company, shift work means you will not see your full weekends every week. Customers can get rather nasty. Lets remember you work in a bank. People arent phoning to say Hi. Good culture though a friend of mines was upset through a sectarian comment made about his cousin who was an irish republican political figure and people thought he was over reacting.
- 3.020 Nov 2023Supplier collaboration partnerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMilton Keynes, England
A very welcoming place and lots of plans to support employees and offer a great working environment
Early days on ways of working and quite a long way to go in terms of structure
- 3.024 Nov 2023Digital Banking AdvisorCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBelfast City Centre, Northern Ireland
Great incentives Friendly staff Progression
Call monitoring can be abit strenuous
Santander Reviews FAQs
Santander has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 18,507 reviews left anonymously by employees. 73% of employees would recommend working at Santander to a friend and 64% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
73% of Santander employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Santander 3.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.