Scott Logic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Scott Logic Interview Questions

Interviews at Scott Logic

3.3

Summer Interview

Interview

Applied Online. Was invited to an onsite interview where I was given some Java programming questions. Then did some general problem-solving. Was invited back for a 2nd interview which involved more problem-solving and pseudocode questions. Had a HR-type interview at the end.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Scott Logic (London, England).

Interview

I got a call from them. It took about 20 minutes. I talked about my previous work experiences
     and about the company. I asked questions about how they work with the clients, etc.
    The feedback from the interview was very rude, they said that 'my coding was not quite strong enough'. I was completely broken as it was a personal interview and I also have more than 2 years work experience.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

I arrived at the London office at the scheduled time but something happened and they were not expecting me on the day so the interviewers were not prepared. They rescheduled the interview for the same day 1h later. Even though they appreciated my honesty about my experience the feedback was very disappointing and vague.

The questions were based on the CV information. There was a testing exercise of a login web page and a puzzle.

Lead Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in February 2020.

Interview

A very positive experience. Recruiters and interviewers respectful of my time and schedule. Was given opportunity to demonstrate my strengths across a broad range of subjects. No wasted time or contrived questions - entire process was clear and to the point.

Offer was extremely competitive for location, only declined due to getting an offer from one of the Big Four.

Initial brief call with Tech Principle, Two in-person interviews:

First was a technical (developer) screening, combination of OO design principles, algorithms and logic puzzles, 1 hour. Challenging, but not pointlessly hard. Interviewers were both professional, encouraging and gave clarification when requested. Felt like they were engaged in the process.

Second in person interview was split, 2 hours - first half structured similarly to the initial interview but with technical leadership team. Despite covering the same areas (OOO design, algorithms and logic), all questions were different. Did not feel repetitive.

Second half was domain-specific based on my skillset (web architecture, distributed systems). Again challenging, but not in an adversarial way - strong feeling all involved in the process want to give you as much opportunity to demonstrate skills and knowledge as possible.

Interview Questions

• OO design principles considering interfaces and inheritance - whiteboarding set of classes to solve a specific problem   Answer Question

Software Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Scott Logic (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Interview process was tough. I was screened with logic questions only which was a good experience and makes sense to evaluate my logical capabilities.
    My feedback was that I took a bit of their help of solve one of the logic questions.
    My defence: If you are going to screen based on help provided please allow candidates to solve it on their own till the end then ask questions. I was in the middle of creating a pattern for solution and the leads kept interrupting me with questions right in the middle. A person seeing such logic questions goes through yes-no-yes-no phase. Let them finish to a final yes then raise concerns/questions if you would access candidates based on help provided (if any)

Interview Questions

• 8 ball question: 7 balls with same weight and 1 with higher weight. Find the least number of iterations to find the heavier ball using a scale.   Answer Question

Graduate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle upon Tyne, England) in January 2020.

Interview

This was a two-stage interview process. The first part was a 90 minute technical interview. First I was given 20 minutes to solve some coding problems in Javascript (as I told them this was my strongest language), which mainly revolved around string manipulation. Then my two interviewers asked me to talk them through my solutions and guided me towards potential improvements. The rest of this interview involved some logic puzzles and on-paper coding excercies, which I was expected to work through out loud, while my interviewers provided pointers.

The second interview was one hour of logic puzzles with two different interviewers, and then 30 minutes of HR/fit type questions with the guy who runs the graduate program.

Everyone was really friendly and made my feel comfortable. It was a pretty enjoyable experience over all.

Interview Questions

• A question about divers trying to get out of a cave that was filling with water using only one oxygen tank, and which order they should go out in.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Scott Logic (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Dishonest - I arrived on time, the interviewers took 10 minutes to find an available meeting room and then told my recruiter I had arrived 10 minutes late. Bizarre behaviour.

I found that the interviewers were generally poor communicators and had a hard time getting their questions and reasoning across. Not a pleasant interview.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Scott Logic.

Interview

I had 2 part interview. The first was about my CV and the second one was a problem solving interview.
    The technical interview was 45 mins long and I had to solve 3 questions. The interviewers were super nice and helpful

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Scott Logic (Newcastle, England) in December 2019.

Interview

I was not given a contact number or accurate arrival information and there was no one to greet me when I arrived.

When my interviewer was found I was given 20 minutes to complete 4 coding exercises, I was then asked to read some obfuscated code and solve some logic puzzles (4 men with coloured hats type questions) and this was followed by a short chat.

The interview was very stressful and was a bit of an interrogation (more so than I've encountered before). Trying to solve puzzles and read obfuscated code while several people stare at you is not a very nice experience.

I feel that although the technical challenges were good and proper, the way they were presented was either unduly stressful and didn't give the interviewee a fair shake as it were (coding without an IDE, no reference material and in a short time frame an expecting the code to run followed by the obfuscated code and logic puzzles while under scrutiny) , or presented a possible work environment I'd rather avoid.

Interview Questions

• Describe and draw the system architecture of a software system you currently work on.   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Scott Logic.

Interview

Following an online application I received a call from a member of the team who asked a few questions about me and why I wanted a career in Technology & Scott Logic which lasted around 15 minutes. A few days later I received an email letting me know that I had been selected for an interview.

Interview Questions

• One pseudo code question to solve a basic problem, and two mathematical logic questions along with a brief chat about my CV and Scott Logic.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.