Seagate Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Seagate Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Seagate Technology

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

I applied to Seagate in April 2020 and was interviewed by two biorobots. The female one had a bit of an accent and, because of that, could pass for a human. The male one lacked any accents or regional identifiers in his voice but was apparently programmed to sound bored and slightly irritated all the time. The female one tried to quiz me on specifics of TensorRT API, pretty much down to a signature of a particular function call as she somehow thought it was relevant and very appropriate for a warmup question. The male one demanded that I described exactly what I did for a project. I spoke for 10 minutes and pretty much gave him the whole spiel, including some of the secret sauce, the fact that I now deeply regret considering what a waste of time it turned out to be. Unfortunately, I used "In general..." in one of the sentences, because, really, the use case was not very clear cut and we tried several different approaches. It turned out that the only neuron that fired in his single layer perceptron brain was the one indicating that I used the wrong form for my answer ! He cut me off mid-sentence, and, again, demanded to know exactly what I did for the project, not "in general" but down to nitty gritty details, ending with a condescending "it's ok if your teammate did this". From that point on, the only thing I could think of is the sheer ridiculousness of this whole sad scene.
    Good luck folks you will likely need it as spinner hard drives fall out of favor and the market share of your product dwindles. You are probably scrambling to invent a new paradigm, a task notoriously difficult for human robots like the ones you have on your task force. Good luck regardless, but first and foremost you'll probably need to "re-think" your hiring strategies.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

They called me for a soft skills interview and then they called back several days later for the technical interview. The recruiters made me very uncomfortable and they would frequently admit to not paying attention when I answered questions, and would randomy laugh as I spoke, as if they were having a side conversation behind the phone.

Interview Questions

• They showed me a diagram that included "front end", "back end", and "database". They then asked how I'd implement this "system" (there was nothing else specified).   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Interview

Everybody on the team were nice. No technical questions. The entire process was painless and smooth. Many knowledgable engineers and helpful.

The recruiter was awesome and gave me consistent updates

Finance Interview

Interview

Had one phone interview and was subsequently invited to travel to Seagate's HQ for in-person interviews. Consisted of three 30-min interviews with employees working in various financial fields (i.e Treasury, FP&A, and Accounting). Heard back a week later and was asked to join the FP&A team for the summer.

Interview Questions

• Please share your thoughts on the rise of AI and the impact it will have on Seagate.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied Online. Got contacted by Manager in 2 weeks for phone interview. The position was related to HAMR drive testing and characterization. Generally they have this position every year during summer.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with six different people with 6 candidates total in a round robin fashion for three hours. It wasn't that bad and the time flew, the interviewers asked typical questions about your resume.
    They gave me an offer and a start date, even did a background check, I accepted. Then a week goes by and I get a call saying that the job may not be available as they are reviewing their open positions. This was my first job offer after college so I told my family and friends and put my two week notice in at my retail job. Then I had to retract all of that. That is a horrible practice for a company and I cannot stress enough, if this is how the company runs, do not work here.

Firmware Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Colorado Springs, CO (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

1. Submission of interview questions
    2. Interview by hiring manager (mostly behavioural questions)
    3. Panel interview (mostly behavioural questions)

Applied for several roles online, but was rejected from them with an automated response. HR then invited me to apply for a select few positions, and it led to an interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is a conflict and you have to choose between the client's demanded features, or extreme stress on the team which may not get the intended results?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Bloomington, MN (US)).

Interview

Call with external recruiter, then call with internal recruiter, then call with hiring manager and one of their direct reports, then 4 hours of multi-round in-person interviews. Most of the interviews were not particularly technical. The in-person interviews were with two people at a time, and there were some typical STAR-type questions. The last part of the process was being taken about the lab and asked questions about the equipment to see what I knew.

Unfortunately, even after I spent several hours and took time off from my current job to interview at Seagate, they didn't have the professionalism to call or email me to tell me the result of the interview. The only information I got was when, after over 2 months, the online job application status changed to "process completed", and they reposted the position. Rejections are fine. Silence isn't.

Front End Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology.

Interview

Pretty terrible experience. On the third interview I got a guy with a dull mono toned voice. He seemed annoyed from the start and failed to elaborate questions. Overall, seagate didn't seem very promising with their new direction looking to go to a cloud SaaS

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seagate Technology (Longmont, CO (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Applied online then had a phone interview with HR and the manager for the position about a week later. I interviewed in person at Seagate in early November 2019. I met with the hiring manager and several others in the department. After my interview I never received any further contract from the company for over 4 months. I reached out to them, but didn't get a reply. 4 month later Seagate contacted me regarding another position ( didn't acknowledge the lack of response for the previous interview). After re-interviewing with the manager and HR Seagate extended me an "informal offer". I unwisely put aside my previous experience with the company and decided to accept the offer. The following day HR contacted me again and said they had not gotten full approval for the position and would no longer be extending the offer. I really can't think of a more unprofessional way to treat prospective employees. The entire experience was indicative of a disreputable and unorganized company. I would not ever consider applying here again.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.