Secret Escapes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Secret Escapes Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jul 2017

2.0

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. It was straightforward. However, what happened after is where the problem lies. I was never contacted again and told whether or not I got the job (obviously, by this point, it's a no). I wrote a thank you note that was never responded to, nor was my followup email. If another candidate was selected, that's fine, but at least have the decency to let someone know where they stand. If this is how job candidates are treated, then I could only imagine how their business is run.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview experience was challenging but a great way to learn more about the company! It was well organised, everyone who I met was so welcoming and the offices were amazing to visit.

The first stage of the interview process was a casual 15-30 minute phone interview. I was asked about what my role at the time entailed, what I liked and disliked about my job and what attracted me to apply for a role at Secret Escapes. I was then asked to come for a face to face interview in the London offices where I would do a 5 minute presentation on a provided topic.

The first face to face interview lasted 1.5 hours with 2 members of the team. I timed my presentation in preparation to stay close to 5 minutes but it was fine when I went over a little. I did my presentation first (to get it over with!) and then I was asked a few competency based questions. I also had a prioritization task and an email task to complete during my interview. Those who interviewed me made me feel comfortable from the beginning. The interview was informative, welcoming, and well organised.

I was asked to come back for a second face to face interview to meet 2 more senior members of the team (one on Skype). This interview was 1 hour long, based around me as an individual and if I was a cultural fit for the company. Again the individuals who interviewed me were welcoming at made me feel at ease throughout the interview process. I had my final interview on a Wednesday and was told on the Friday that I was successful!

I would say be prepared for your interview with examples from your previous experiences, familiarize yourself with the company values and be yourself! I've loved working at Secret Escapes from the first week, it's been challenging, fast paced and very sociable (any excuse for a themed party!)

Interview Questions

• Why Secret Escapes?

Have you ever improved a process before and how?

How do you cope with a high workload?

How do prioritize tasks?

Interview 2:

What are your goals in life?

Is there a project/piece of work you've been really proud of and why?   Answer Question

Hotel Contractor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call interview at phone and they askem me generally about my experience in a customer service and hotel negotiation and than I went to their Office in Holborn (London) . I was asked to make a good exeple of strong sale and weak sale looking at their website

Interview Questions

• I was asked to make a good exeple of strong sale and weak sale looking at their website   1 Answer

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

It was ok, Iaplied online and thenI was invited for an interview. The first stage included small excell test. The second stage included personality test.Great office and workenvourment, employees looked happy. Polite staff. I could not get the job as the other candidate had more experience.

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The online application included a 200-word hotel review, cover letter and cv. I was then contacted by their HR department who offered me a face-to-face interview but not before they clarified the expectations of the role and the level of seniority. It was great to have such honesty from the offset.

Following a couple of back and forth emails with HR I attended a face-to-face interview at their London office. The interview lasted about half an hour and then I was set up with a laptop for a half hour task - to write a hotel review in the tone of voice of SecretEscapes. The interviewers mentioned that they expected the task not to be finished in 30 minutes, as it should take about an hour to complete, it was more to see how much a candidate could get done.

Following the interview I was sent a timed subbing task that was completed at home. I didn't get any further in the process but following their somewhat automated rejection email I requested further feedback which they were happy to send across. They sent more personalised feedback and I was pleased to receive this. Had I have been successful I believe there was only one more round of interviews before a decision would have been made. Overall, great company to work for (you could tell from even their friendly reception staff and awesome HR). In my opinion, it was worth completing all the tasks for this role - it didn't feel like being tested for the sake of it unlike other content positions.

Interview Questions

• Any travel trends to look out for in 2017? What do you like/dislike about our website? What would you change?   Answer Question

Content Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. The first step was a writing test to make sure I had writing skills. Second was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. After the interview I was offered to make two new writing tasks to again, prove my skills. The third step (and suppossed to be the final) was a trial day at the office to see how good you fit within the company's environment. Then I was asked for a second trial day before the final decision. I voluntarily declined to stay in the process.

Kundenberater Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

Das Bewerbungsgespräch wurde in der Grupper gemacht. Es wurden zuerst individuelle Fragen gestellt zum Lebenslauf und zu Sprachkentnissen. Dann wurden Angaben zum Job gemacht und anschließend kurz zu Test gearbeitet.

Interview Questions

• Fragen wurden gestellt zum Lebenslauf, Sprachkenntissen und zur Erfahrung im Kundendienst.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.