Secret Escapes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Dec 2018

2.6

Sort:

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. It was straightforward. However, what happened after is where the problem lies. I was never contacted again and told whether or not I got the job (obviously, by this point, it's a no). I wrote a thank you note that was never responded to, nor was my followup email. If another candidate was selected, that's fine, but at least have the decency to let someone know where they stand. If this is how job candidates are treated, then I could only imagine how their business is run.

Accounts Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

It was ok, Iaplied online and thenI was invited for an interview. The first stage included small excell test. The second stage included personality test.Great office and workenvourment, employees looked happy. Polite staff. I could not get the job as the other candidate had more experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

1) The initial application was rather time-consuming for a first filtering. Applicants were asked to write 300 words about the brand, and a 250 words review, as well as other questions. Fair enough, although these types of questions can seem like a sneaky way of getting free work.
    2) About a week after applying, I was invited to complete an online interview. I recorded answers to questions on the screen. Took about 15 min.
    3) It took two and a half week before they got back to me after the video interview. The third round, where I still had not directly communicated with anyone at Secret Escapes, I was asked to write an idea for a campaign. Took about two hours. Like the first point, it felt like a sneaky way of getting "free work". I was a bit hesitant to complete this step as it felt a bit strange to spend so much time on a process without knowing details of the role, salary, how many was still in the process, etc.
    4) Ten days after sending in my ideas, I was invited to an in-person interview, however, at this stage, I had already accepted another offer.
    Advice: Give candidates a call if making the first cut, and inform about the process and timeline. Cut time between the steps to avoid losing good candidates. 5 weeks from application to being invited to an in-person interview is way too much.

Interview Questions

Secret Escapes Response

30 Apr 2018 – Talent Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your interview experience. Here at Secret Escapes, we are focused on providing the best experience that we can for our candidates, so we are... More

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I completed a test afterwards I had the first Skype interview with a person from HR and the Content Editor Manager. Following by a new test and 2 more Skype interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England).

Interview

Quite a long but pleasent process. The process consisted of several stages with interviews, skill tests etc. Awesome HR department and very passionate people working there. Despite not getting an offer, I was left with a very positive impression of the company and the people working there. Pepare for skill tests to be completed in very little time

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in this company specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic phone interview with HR to check suitability followed by an on-site interview with two employees that seemed new to interviewing candidates. Easy questions and a straightforward writing test. Didn't feel tested throughout the procedure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in March 2016.

Interview

The online application included a 200-word hotel review, cover letter and cv. I was then contacted by their HR department who offered me a face-to-face interview but not before they clarified the expectations of the role and the level of seniority. It was great to have such honesty from the offset.

Following a couple of back and forth emails with HR I attended a face-to-face interview at their London office. The interview lasted about half an hour and then I was set up with a laptop for a half hour task - to write a hotel review in the tone of voice of SecretEscapes. The interviewers mentioned that they expected the task not to be finished in 30 minutes, as it should take about an hour to complete, it was more to see how much a candidate could get done.

Following the interview I was sent a timed subbing task that was completed at home. I didn't get any further in the process but following their somewhat automated rejection email I requested further feedback which they were happy to send across. They sent more personalised feedback and I was pleased to receive this. Had I have been successful I believe there was only one more round of interviews before a decision would have been made. Overall, great company to work for (you could tell from even their friendly reception staff and awesome HR). In my opinion, it was worth completing all the tasks for this role - it didn't feel like being tested for the sake of it unlike other content positions.

Interview Questions

• Any travel trends to look out for in 2017? What do you like/dislike about our website? What would you change?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2015.

Interview

The process took around 3 weeks. The first step was a writing test to make sure I had writing skills. Second was a face to face interview with the hiring manager. After the interview I was offered to make two new writing tasks to again, prove my skills. The third step (and suppossed to be the final) was a trial day at the office to see how good you fit within the company's environment. Then I was asked for a second trial day before the final decision. I voluntarily declined to stay in the process.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview experience was challenging but a great way to learn more about the company! It was well organised, everyone who I met was so welcoming and the offices were amazing to visit.

The first stage of the interview process was a casual 15-30 minute phone interview. I was asked about what my role at the time entailed, what I liked and disliked about my job and what attracted me to apply for a role at Secret Escapes. I was then asked to come for a face to face interview in the London offices where I would do a 5 minute presentation on a provided topic.

The first face to face interview lasted 1.5 hours with 2 members of the team. I timed my presentation in preparation to stay close to 5 minutes but it was fine when I went over a little. I did my presentation first (to get it over with!) and then I was asked a few competency based questions. I also had a prioritization task and an email task to complete during my interview. Those who interviewed me made me feel comfortable from the beginning. The interview was informative, welcoming, and well organised.

I was asked to come back for a second face to face interview to meet 2 more senior members of the team (one on Skype). This interview was 1 hour long, based around me as an individual and if I was a cultural fit for the company. Again the individuals who interviewed me were welcoming at made me feel at ease throughout the interview process. I had my final interview on a Wednesday and was told on the Friday that I was successful!

I would say be prepared for your interview with examples from your previous experiences, familiarize yourself with the company values and be yourself! I've loved working at Secret Escapes from the first week, it's been challenging, fast paced and very sociable (any excuse for a themed party!)

Interview Questions

• Why Secret Escapes?

Have you ever improved a process before and how?

How do you cope with a high workload?

How do prioritize tasks?

Interview 2:

What are your goals in life?

Is there a project/piece of work you've been really proud of and why?   Answer Question

PPC Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Really slow process and poor coordination between the HR Team and the Digital Marketing one.

The process was quite long, in total, it took me more than 2 months during the whole process and I just did 2 interviews (one by phone) and a case study.

Also, there was a completely miscoordination between HR and the Marketing team. for example, they told me there would just be one interview and a numerical test and at the end, it wasn´t like this, so I prepared this test for nothing. Another example, about the chaotic process, was that I do not know why they thought I was not living in London and they wanted to cancel my phone interview the previous day.

Finally, after working the whole weekend for a case study and waiting for more than one month to receive an answer, I received a general "no-replay" email telling me that I have not been accepted and with any feedback. After having invested all this time through all the process I was expecting a bit more of feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite related to the PPC world. Quite medium level ones.   Answer Question

Secret Escapes Response

30 Apr 2018 – Talent Administrator

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are really sorry that you felt you had a poor experience.

We had a high number of applications for this position and we tried... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.