- United Kingdom - All Cities
- - England
- - London Area
- Croatia - All Cities
- - Grad Zagreb
- - Zagreb, Croatia Area
- Germany - All Cities
- - Berlin
- - Berlin, Germany Area
- Italy - All Cities
- - Lombardy
- - Milan, Italy Area
- Netherlands - All Cities
- - North Holland
- - Amsterdam, Netherlands Area
- Poland - All Cities
- - West Pomerania
- - Szczecin, West Pomerania, West Pomerania
- Singapore - All Cities
- - East
- - Singapore, Singapore Area
- Spain - All Cities
- - Madrid
- - Madrid, Spain Area
- United States - All Cities
- - California
- - Secret Town, CA
- - New York State
- - New York City, NY, United States Area
- - Texas
- - Dallas-Fort Worth, TX, United States Area
- All Candidates
- Received Offer Only
Interviews at Secret Escapes
Interviews for Top Jobs at Secret Escapes
- Content Editor (6)
- Sales Production Coordinator (3)
- Internal Communications Executive (3)
- Copywriter (2)
- Internship (1)
- Marketing Assistant (1)
- Sales Assistant (1)
- Software Engineering Apprentice (1)
- PPC Executive (1)
- Head of Market (1)
- Front End Engineer (1)
- Sales Manager (1)
- Digital Content Associate (1)
- Product Manager (1)
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer (1)
- Mitarbeiter (m/f/d) in der Datenverarbeitung (1)
- Recruitment Administrator (1)
- IOS Engineer (1)
- CRM Manager (1)
- Data Warehouse Architect (1)
- Kundenberater (1)
- Accounts Assistant (1)
- IT Manager (1)
- HR (1)
- Hotel Contractor Assistant (1)
- IOS Developer (1)
- HR Assistant - Telefongespräch (1)
- Head of Salesforce (1)
- Finance Assistant (1)
- Finance (1)
- Most Recent
- Oldest first
- Most Difficult
I interviewed at Secret Escapes
Interesting and engaging interview, a test and few questions. It consisted of a sit-down that started with questions around my CV and personality, then followed on a 20 minutes test.
- What can you bring to this role that you're certain other applicants can't?
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England, England) in Feb 2021
An initial chat with the hiring manager led to a light - medium level difficulty technical interview with the Senior Platform Engineer and another Platform Engineer. A take-home technical task was issued and returned to the team within a week, and the final interview was arranged upon successful completion of the take home task. The final interview lasted three hours, where I went over the decisions and possible improvements for my tech task solution, had white boarding exercises where I had to draw and explain how certain processes work, had a live code pairing exercise, and finally a closing chat where the te
- Show how you would deploy an application (whiteboarding)
I interviewed at Secret Escapes
I applied for a role through Indeed and received a phone call about 4 weeks after. They invited me to complete a video interview then a face to face with a manager of the department.
- Why do you want this role? What sets you apart?
I interviewed at Secret Escapes
Ich habe mich online beworben. Die Terminvereinbarung für ein Erstgespräch lief ziemlich schnell. Allerdings wurde ich 25 Minuten vor dem vereinbarten Termin via E-Mail informiert, dass die Stelle bereits besetzt worden war. Als HRler finde ich es unprofessionell und respektlos. Hier ein kleiner Tipp: Eine gute Personalabteilung denkt nicht nur, wie wir Stelle X und Y am schnellsten besetzten, sondern sorgt auch für eine angenehme Candidate Experience und pflegt langfristige Beziehungen mit potenziellen Kandidaten.
- Keine Fragen, da das Gespräch abgesagt wurde.
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (Amsterdam)
Procedure coordinated by a recruiter from the London office, very nice and reachable. 1 pre-recorded video interview + 1 face-to-face interview in the Amsterdam office. I very much appreciated the honest and detailed feedback given by the recruiter over the phone. The people I met gave me a good image of the company.
- Be ready for situational and STAR questions!
I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes
There was an initial phone call which was then followed by a standard face to face interview. Interview was followed by a 3 part test that was timed and on a laptop.
- Why would you like to work here?
I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England, England)
The first stage was a video interview, which was great as it meant I could do it from home without travelling in. Then a face-to-face interview at the London office, followed by a final face-to-face where I got to meet more of the team and some stakeholders I'd be working with. The questions were all competency based and centred around the Company values which gave me a great feel of where I would be working. I was also asked to do a presentation based around my role which I presented back at final stage. Everyone I met, including the people on reception were so friendly and helpful throughout the process which made it really enjoyable.
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (Berlin) in Feb 2020
I had an interview for iOS Developer position. First round was a voice call, HR / recruiter called: where in we talked about the role and about my profile. second round, Kind of technical round: Where in a mobile lead asked question purely technical and relevant to my profile and later asked me to share a screen for writing the live code challenge. Third round (lasts for more than 4 hours): This round is misleading, they invited me to the company office in berlin for pair programming. Which is not a pair programming but a torture, I had to share my screen with other developer sitting just opposite to me, where all my screen was recorded and viewed, 2nd lead developer was sitting next to me looking at my screen directly and at my notes i wrote while coding, I completed the challenge successfully. However it needed quality improvement. My evaluation is: While coding I was constantly interrupted and asked question, what is the difference between struct or class and other things as well, rather then allowing me to focus on the challenge, It was a mental torture for me, Firstly, two people sitting and monitoring and then asking question on general level and then not letting me do things MY WAY, they called it was supposed to be a pair programming session, but trust me it was not. the task was easy, sometimes one needs to relax and clam mind to approach a problem, given the fact different brains work differently. But i would be happy if for question you keep a separate session called technical interview and while pair programming round, keep the pair programming as paired and as friendly possible. You are not a Google that you would do things like this, Google makes it hard but they compensate it by paying amazingly well and they have reached to that epitome of excellence.
- Many questions
I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England, England) in Jan 2020
1) Talent Team call 2) Tech Lead call 3) Coding Test 4) On site (3 hours interview). My experience with Secret Escapes has been simply fantastic. The phone call with the tech lead was clear and explanatory, as he took his time to give a great overview of the company, the product, and the challenges for this role. He asked me about myself, my background, never rushed any question and seemed interest at all times. The coding test was challenging but absolutely interesting as focused on 'real world' problems (performances, code quality, architecture). The on-site interview has been the best interview I have had to this day. A beautiful office, casual dress code, young vibrant atmosphere, great facilities. The panel interviewing me was composed of all really nice people who have done their best to make me feel comfortable, and all the 3 hours spent there I have already felt like a member of the team, which tells a lot about a company. I was introduced to the Tech Team and had the chance to ask plenty of questions. We went through different stages: coding test review, new coding challenge, algorithm challenge, and culture fit assessment. It was a long process but at all stages the subject of the questions were not abstract concept, but real-life example of problems I will have to solve in that role, which made the challenges difficult yet exciting and intresting. I have received an offer by the next day which I have happily accepted.
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England, England) in Jan 2020
I had two interviews. The first stage was a video questionnaire which was mainly about my experience and expectations. The second stage was another video interview but this time it was a proper conversation with the team manager. The interview itself felt natural and more like a normal chat instead of a job interview. At the end of this interview I had to do a task to prove my writing skills and how I perform under pressure. Only two days after that I was offered the job and was invited to come to the office to see my new work place. Everyone I met, including the people on reception were very friendly and helpful. The whole interview process (from first contact to job acceptance) took only 1.5 weeks. Thanks for the positive experience!
- Tell us about a difficult situation in a former job and how you dealt with it.