Secret Escapes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Secret Escapes Interview Questions

Updated 14 Apr 2018

2.5

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. It was straightforward. However, what happened after is where the problem lies. I was never contacted again and told whether or not I got the job (obviously, by this point, it's a no). I wrote a thank you note that was never responded to, nor was my followup email. If another candidate was selected, that's fine, but at least have the decency to let someone know where they stand. If this is how job candidates are treated, then I could only imagine how their business is run.

Internal Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I first interviewed for this position in July/August 2017 and was unsuccessful. I had two interviews with three people in total at the London headquarters, which I felt very positive about. Everyone had been very welcoming and communicative before and during the interview. After a second and final interview I felt confident but did not hear anything for a couple of weeks. After chasing I found out a third candidate was now being interviewed and time had been made to interview them, which was obviously not good news for me, however it still took a while (I think three weeks in total) before I found out that I hadn't actually got the job and got feedback from the interviews.

I saw the job listed again on LinkedIn and got in touch again. I was invited back for interview, this time just one interview with two people from before. I was told more interviews were happening in the next week and I should hear back at the end of the following week. After two weeks I'd heard nothing so emailed but got no reply. A few more days passed so I emailed again, and then received a call which I was unable to answer at the time. The voicemail offered me feedback on the interview, which meant I hadn't go the job. I was annoyed that I had to chase this for a second time, and once again no-one had actually concretely told me I was unsuccessful. It is common not to hear back after an application but very rare and unprofessional not to hear back after a final interview.

The actual interview process and meeting the interviewers and seeing the place is great, but the complete lack of communication afterwards lets the whole process down. Which is very ironic for a comms position. However it is hard to tell if this is just one person shying away from making the difficult phone call or not.

Interview Questions

• General questions on skills and how difficult challenges were overcome and what I'd bring to the current role.   Answer Question

Secret Escapes Response

13 Apr 2018 – Talent Administrator

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your time at Secret Escapes. We value all comments and feedback and will take on board your views to try and improve... More

PPC Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Really slow process and poor coordination between the HR Team and the Digital Marketing one.

The process was quite long, in total, it took me more than 2 months during the whole process and I just did 2 interviews (one by phone) and a case study.

Also, there was a completely miscoordination between HR and the Marketing team. for example, they told me there would just be one interview and a numerical test and at the end, it wasn´t like this, so I prepared this test for nothing. Another example, about the chaotic process, was that I do not know why they thought I was not living in London and they wanted to cancel my phone interview the previous day.

Finally, after working the whole weekend for a case study and waiting for more than one month to receive an answer, I received a general "no-replay" email telling me that I have not been accepted and with any feedback. After having invested all this time through all the process I was expecting a bit more of feedback.

Interview Questions

• The questions were quite related to the PPC world. Quite medium level ones.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in February 2018.

Interview

1) The initial application was rather time-consuming for a first filtering. Applicants were asked to write 300 words about the brand, and a 250 words review, as well as other questions. Fair enough, although these types of questions can seem like a sneaky way of getting free work.
    2) About a week after applying, I was invited to complete an online interview. I recorded answers to questions on the screen. Took about 15 min.
    3) It took two and a half week before they got back to me after the video interview. The third round, where I still had not directly communicated with anyone at Secret Escapes, I was asked to write an idea for a campaign. Took about two hours. Like the first point, it felt like a sneaky way of getting "free work". I was a bit hesitant to complete this step as it felt a bit strange to spend so much time on a process without knowing details of the role, salary, how many was still in the process, etc.
    4) Ten days after sending in my ideas, I was invited to an in-person interview, however, at this stage, I had already accepted another offer.
    Advice: Give candidates a call if making the first cut, and inform about the process and timeline. Cut time between the steps to avoid losing good candidates. 5 weeks from application to being invited to an in-person interview is way too much.

Internal Communications Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in December 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a writing task ahead of my first interview. I was then asked for a phone interview which was conducted by the Talent Coordinator. I then went in for a face to face interview which I thought had gone well, I then didn't hear back.

Interview Questions

Secret Escapes Response

23 Jan 2018 – Talent Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your interview experience here at Secret Escapes. We value all comments and feedback and will take on board your views to try and... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England).

Interview

Quite a long but pleasent process. The process consisted of several stages with interviews, skill tests etc. Awesome HR department and very passionate people working there. Despite not getting an offer, I was left with a very positive impression of the company and the people working there. Pepare for skill tests to be completed in very little time

Interview Questions

• What makes you interested in this company specifically?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

I completed a test afterwards I had the first Skype interview with a person from HR and the Content Editor Manager. Following by a new test and 2 more Skype interviews.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in December 2016.

Interview

Basic phone interview with HR to check suitability followed by an on-site interview with two employees that seemed new to interviewing candidates. Easy questions and a straightforward writing test. Didn't feel tested throughout the procedure.

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Overall the interview experience was challenging but a great way to learn more about the company! It was well organised, everyone who I met was so welcoming and the offices were amazing to visit.

The first stage of the interview process was a casual 15-30 minute phone interview. I was asked about what my role at the time entailed, what I liked and disliked about my job and what attracted me to apply for a role at Secret Escapes. I was then asked to come for a face to face interview in the London offices where I would do a 5 minute presentation on a provided topic.

The first face to face interview lasted 1.5 hours with 2 members of the team. I timed my presentation in preparation to stay close to 5 minutes but it was fine when I went over a little. I did my presentation first (to get it over with!) and then I was asked a few competency based questions. I also had a prioritization task and an email task to complete during my interview. Those who interviewed me made me feel comfortable from the beginning. The interview was informative, welcoming, and well organised.

I was asked to come back for a second face to face interview to meet 2 more senior members of the team (one on Skype). This interview was 1 hour long, based around me as an individual and if I was a cultural fit for the company. Again the individuals who interviewed me were welcoming at made me feel at ease throughout the interview process. I had my final interview on a Wednesday and was told on the Friday that I was successful!

I would say be prepared for your interview with examples from your previous experiences, familiarize yourself with the company values and be yourself! I've loved working at Secret Escapes from the first week, it's been challenging, fast paced and very sociable (any excuse for a themed party!)

Interview Questions

• Why Secret Escapes?

Have you ever improved a process before and how?

How do you cope with a high workload?

How do prioritize tasks?

Interview 2:

What are your goals in life?

Is there a project/piece of work you've been really proud of and why?   Answer Question

Hotel Contractor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call interview at phone and they askem me generally about my experience in a customer service and hotel negotiation and than I went to their Office in Holborn (London) . I was asked to make a good exeple of strong sale and weak sale looking at their website

Interview Questions

• I was asked to make a good exeple of strong sale and weak sale looking at their website   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.