Secret Escapes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Secret Escapes Interview Questions

Interviews at Secret Escapes

2.9

Digital Content Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (New York, NY (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was fine. It was straightforward. However, what happened after is where the problem lies. I was never contacted again and told whether or not I got the job (obviously, by this point, it's a no). I wrote a thank you note that was never responded to, nor was my followup email. If another candidate was selected, that's fine, but at least have the decency to let someone know where they stand. If this is how job candidates are treated, then I could only imagine how their business is run.

Interview Questions

Interview

Three stage process, with video interview and two face to face stages including a presentation. Got to meet a lot of people I would be working with which was super helpful.

Interview Questions

• For feedback on the site, what I thought was good, what could be better.   Answer Question

22 Jan 2020 – Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for the kind review! We are so glad you found your interview helpful and insightful to your role!

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in January 2020.

Interview

1) Talent Team call 2) Tech Lead call 3) Coding Test 4) On site (3 hours interview).

My experience with Secret Escapes has been simply fantastic.

The phone call with the tech lead was clear and explanatory, as he took his time to give a great overview of the company, the product, and the challenges for this role.
    He asked me about myself, my background, never rushed any question and seemed interest at all times.

The coding test was challenging but absolutely interesting as focused on 'real world' problems (performances, code quality, architecture).

The on-site interview has been the best interview I have had to this day.

A beautiful office, casual dress code, young vibrant atmosphere, great facilities.

The panel interviewing me was composed of all really nice people who have done their best to make me feel comfortable, and all the 3 hours spent there I have already felt like a member of the team, which tells a lot about a company.

I was introduced to the Tech Team and had the chance to ask plenty of questions.

We went through different stages: coding test review, new coding challenge, algorithm challenge, and culture fit assessment.

It was a long process but at all stages the subject of the questions were not abstract concept, but real-life example of problems I will have to solve in that role, which made the challenges difficult yet exciting and intresting.

I have received an offer by the next day which I have happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• data structure, algorithm, async javascript, react, css, accessibility, web performance   Answer Question

20 Jan 2020 – Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for the kind review! We are so glad you've had a positive and fast interview experience as well as enjoying your interview and office atmosphere!

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

I had two interviews with Secret Escapes. The first was a video interview and was well structured with good questions to determine my technical understanding.

The second interview felt less structured and not as strong. Based on experience from previous interviews, I expected standard interview questions used to get to know candidates, such as "why have you left previous roles", "where do you want to be in five years time" or "what do you like to do outside of work". Instead the questions were loosely based around the role. Also, I was surprised that the two interviewers didn't balance the questions between them, which would have created a different dynamic to the interview. I was also surprised that one of the interviewers didn't know where I had travelled in from given that my address was at the top of my CV.

However, I am disappointed in the follow up, which I think was intended to soften the blow, and is the only reason that I am leaving a review. Personally, it would have been preferable to receive an email to confirm that I had not been successful rather then having to arrange another follow up call which involved me taking more time off. The feedback given was a matter of the interviewers opinion rather then factual, such as based on qualifications or technical skills. It was not professional and was given by a talent manager. A polite "thanks, but we regret to inform you" email would have been sufficient.

Thank you for the opportunity, but please do try to treat all of your candidates the same. I wouldn't like to think that I was treated any differently to the other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

18 Dec 2019

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad you found the video interview process positive. During our face to face interview questions we ensure that we have a fair and consistent assessment criteria which allows us to assess technical skills and behaviours that are important to the role and the business. Sorry they were not what you expected.

Regarding the follow up process, our Talent team calls all candidates with detailed feedback following any face to face interview. This is important to us as we want our candidates to understand the decision - we know a lot of time and effort goes into interviewing from a candidate. If you have any further questions we are more than happy to pick up, please email, recruitment@secretescapes.com

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Interview process was call front talent team, video interview with the hiring manager and then face to face interview, where I can to do a presentation to four people, which then followed by 2 interviews

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of when you had to say no to stakeholders   Answer Question

20 Jan 2020 – Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for the kind review! We are glad you've had a positive experience as well as a fast interview process!

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was done in the following stages:
    1 - Video conference interview with the previous Salesforce Marketing Cloud Developer;
    2 - Take-home coding test to prove my work knowledge with AMPScript;
    3 - Onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• They made questions regarding Salesforce Marketing Cloud, project management and email deliverability and many other things.   Answer Question

27 Aug 2019 – Talent Administrator

Thank you so much for your positive review, we are are glad you enjoyed the fast interview process.

We are looking forward to having you part of the team!

Sales Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

The process was great from start to finish. I wasn't based in London at the time and the recruitment team kindly accommodated me by organising a video call instead of me flying over. The call took around 45 minutes and the questions were professional and appropriate and my two female interviewers really made me feel at ease with their friendliness. The HR team were very responsive and understanding of my situation. I got offered the job and was very excited to take it however relocating at the time proved to be more complicated than initially expected and had to decline the offer. They were extremely understanding and respectful about the situation. I do hope to reapply in the near future and recommend it to anyone.

Interview Questions

Secret Escapes Response

13 Sep 2019 – Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for the kind review! We love the fact that you felt at ease during your interview process and gained quick responses from our Talent Team! We look forward to receiving your application again in the near future!

Data Warehouse Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

30 min telephone interview
    2-3 hour take home challenge on sessionisation and conversion
    Half day interview with various stakeholders within the company but all quite relaxed environment. End of day includes 30 mins with data team to ask your own work environment questions.

Interview Questions

Secret Escapes Response

31 Oct 2019 – Talent Administrator

We're really glad you had a positive experience during your interview process, as well as had the opportunity to meet the data team during your interview to ask your own questions as we really do want you to have a clear representation of Secret Escapes. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!

Recruitment Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holborn, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Secret Escapes (Holborn, England) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process went brilliantly, I loved the fact they made me do a task to consolidate my own knowledge that I knew, also the team got both interviews done in one sitting so I wouldn't have to come back in on another day! I left their office at 6pm on the Monday and got a call at 9:00am the next day offering me the role! Absolutely loved how fast the team moved!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience, why is this role for you?   Answer Question

15 Aug 2019

Thank you so much for your positive review, we are are glad you enjoyed the interview process. We are looking forward to having you part of the team!

Talent Administrator Interview

Application

Interview

Throughout the interview process I was introduced to the majority of the Talent team to gain a honest insight into the people who I'd be working with everyday. I was immediately made to feel welcome and my interviewers showed a genuine interest in my story and experiences.

Interview Questions

Secret Escapes Response

15 Aug 2019 – Talent Administrator

We are glad you had a positive interview process and felt welcome at Secret Escapes, we look forward to you joining the team!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.