Secret Escapes Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2022

Found 139 of over 158 reviews

4.1
Secret Escapes Co-founders Alex Saint and Tom Valentine (no image)
Alex Saint and Tom Valentine
Pros
  • "Beautiful office in Holborn with free food, drinks etc(in 17 reviews)

• "Flexible working, really great company for work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low salary and low career progression(in 7 reviews)

• "You see the business changing and developing right in front of your eyes and I am so grateful to be a part of the Secret Escapes journey(in 5 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great People!

Jul 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great Company to work for, super dynamic and fun, working with enthusiastic and smart people. You are trusted and supported to do your best work and you can do this in a way that best suits you and your lifestyle with the flexible ways of working offered. You can use core hours, we work a minimum of 1 day a week in the office and you can also work from anywhere in the world up to 30 days a year.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for such a positive review! We value our people and are very pleased to hear that you are enjoying our flexible working policies :)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

We are good people

Jun 24, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A company with values that are carefully and considered and lived instead of just stuck on the wall. No tolerance of unpleasant behaviour to co-workers which is very refreshing.

Cons

Business still not sure what it wants to be - flash sales or OTA and very important to get next 12 months right.

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for such a positive review! We really do appreciate feedback, as we use this to know which area's we need to improve on. We value our people and are very pleased to hear that you recognise this :)

3. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Jun 8, 2022 - Junior Contracts Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays well, lovely team and a great perks.

Cons

none to mention at the moment

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your positive review! I am pleased you are enjoying the perks and people at Secret Escapes :)

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely people but poor management and pay

May 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The perks and some of the people at SE are great. The offices are also nice.

Cons

They pay very bad salaries and are willing to say no to talent because they don’t want to pay for it. Too bad that this company clearly tries to live off their “big name”. The possibility to get promoted here also seems second to none unfortunately.

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed the perks and people at Secret Escapes. We love open and honest feedback as a way to develop and improve because it allows us to monitor our performance and alerts us to important changes we need to take. Please do contact us directly if you would like to discuss further at recruitment@secretescapes.com

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work especially when it comes down to the things that matter

May 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great people throughout the company, genuinely ready to get stuck in and help -Work/life balance is not tokenism but practiced -Ability to work from anywhere for 30 days -Lots of social events and networks to get involved in -Accomodating for parents, have had my little one in small meetings before

Cons

-Start up environment so being able to adapt is key

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your review! I am pleased you are enjoying the perks and people at Secret Escapes, we take pride in culture :) We love open and honest feedback as a way to develop and improve because it allows us to monitor our performance and alerts us to important changes we need to take. Please do contact us directly if you would like to discuss further at recruitment@secretescapes.com

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Lovely Company

Apr 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly people - Fun and relaxed culture - Supportive management - Flexible hours

Cons

- Really can't think of any

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for such a positive review! We take pride in the fact that we are 'Good people' :)

7. 5.0

Sales Production Coordinator at Secret Escapes

Apr 14, 2022 - Sales Production Coordinator in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- great company culture, travel role,

Cons

Hard to make internal progress

Secret Escapes Response

Thank you for your review! I am pleased you enjoy working for Secret Escapes, we take pride in culture :) We love open and honest feedback as a way to develop and improve because it allows us to monitor our performance and alerts us to important changes we need to take. Please do contact us directly if you would like to discuss further at recruitment@secretescapes.com

8. 5.0

Really Good Company

Apr 6, 2022 - Contract Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really good company to work for. The salary is competitive and the benefits are very good. The kitchen is always stocked with food and drinks, the atmosphere is great and the people who work there are awesome.

Cons

There are currently no downsides for me personally.

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are really pleased you are enjoying your time working with us... and it's always one of the highlights of my day looking into our fully stocked fridges to find myself a treat!

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Apr 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fast pace, autonomy, great culture

Cons

Not enough collaboration between departments

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It's really good to hear that you enjoyed working in our fast paced environment and were given the autonomy in your role. We would love to hear more about how you feel we can improve upon more collaboration between departments please email recruitment@secretescapes.com and we would love to hear from your experience and how we could make improvements!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Vibrant workplace

Mar 22, 2022 - Senior Contract Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

very international company, young, fresh and full of new opportunities

Cons

covid hit the company pretty hard, but the management is doing the best for the employees

Talent Acquisition Lead

Thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear that you feel there is lots of opportunities as we are committed to see our people thrive and build amazing careers. Covid hit many companies hard, but we see ourselves in a position of strength following the pandemic and will continue to stick by our value that ''We Are Good People'' and support our colleagues.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 139 Reviews

Secret Escapes Reviews FAQs

Secret Escapes has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 158 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Secret Escapes to a friend and 71% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Secret Escapes employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Secret Escapes. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

83% of Secret Escapes employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Secret Escapes 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Secret Escapes to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Secret Escapes Job Seekers