Secret Escapes Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Secret Escapes Reviews

Updated 29 Sep 2019

4.0
Secret Escapes CEO Alex Saint (no image)
Alex Saint
Pros
  • "Free Food, Lots of Benefits, Game rooms, and Amazing Culture(in 8 reviews)

• "(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  1. "A great company to work for!"

Former Employee - Junior Recruiter in London, England

I worked at Secret Escapes full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Opportunity to grow -Everyone is really passionate about travel and proud to work for the Secret Escapes brand -Everyone is really friendly, even the more senior staff are really approachable and easy to talk too -Really look after employees with great benefits such a meditation, a quiet room and on site fruit twice a week -A very sociable work place with drinks on Fridays, bake off competitions and events in... the kitchen every now and then. -Fast paced and exciting!

Cons

- Can sometime have a high workload, but hard work doesn't go unnoticed.

Secret Escapes2019-09-29

September 30, 2019Talent Administrator

Thanks so much for the kind review we love the fact that your work has been recognised, as well as like all the benefits here at Secret Escapes!

2. "Warm and welcoming office atmosphere!"

Current Employee - Systems and Processes Training Manager in London, England

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for more than a year

Pros

The working environment is friendly and welcoming, the people are helpful and supportive and the office is a fun place to be.

Cons

I have nothing to say here!

Secret Escapes2019-07-09

August 15, 2019

Thank you for your kind review! We are so glad you feel welcomed and supported at Secret Escapes, as this is really important to us. It is good to hear that you have fun in the office too!

3. "Not the best but nice flexibility"

Current Employee - German Booking Agent in London, England

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours you can chose from and also the days

Cons

Bad management Bad leadership Everything is bad Low pay

Secret Escapes2019-06-28

July 2, 2019Talent Administrator

Hi – thanks for your feedback. It’s good to hear that you like our flexible working options. We think it’s important to find the right work/life balance. We’re sorry to hear that you feel that way about our management and leadership. It would be helpful to get more details so that we could properly look into this. We’re also sorry to hear your comments around salaries – we benchmark our salaries against the market and do salary reviews annually. Please do send further details to us on hr@secretescapes.com.

4. "Amazing place to work at"

I worked at Secret Escapes

Pros

+ Hack days + Inclusive meetings + Humorous and smart colleagues + Management really cares + Work/Life Balance + Location + Food Options + Perks + Culture + Office facilities

Cons

- Tech Debt - Nothing else

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work helping employees maintain a healthy work/life balance and flexibility in working.

Secret Escapes2019-05-06

May 10, 2019Talent Administrator

Hi - thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear you think this is an amazing place to work, and that you enjoy your humorous colleagues, and our perks and culture! If you ever have other feedback please pop by, or email us on HR@secretescapes.com.

5. "HR"

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for less than a year

Pros

The on boarding process has been excellent with lots of information and support provided throughout my first couple of months. Everyone is very friendly and welcoming and it hasn't taken long to feel at home. It is great to work in a business where everyone is genuinely passionate about the brand and working towards the same goal. The business is made up of hard working, smart people and it feels like a place where... differences are celebrated and new ways of thinking are encouraged. So far it has been a great experience!

Cons

I have been here for 3 months and have experienced none so far.

Secret Escapes2019-04-29

May 1, 2019Talent Administrator

Hi - thanks for your feedback. We're so happy to hear you're enjoying your time here, and that our passion for what we do shines through!

6. "Customer Services Supervisor"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in London, England

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly work environment, colleagues are helpful and polite. Food available and great perks.

Cons

None as of now, really.

Secret Escapes2019-04-25

April 25, 2019Talent Administrator

Hi - thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear you enjoy the atmosphere, your colleagues and our great (if we do say so ourselves) perks. If you ever have any other feedback feel free to drop HR an email or pop over for a chat!

7. "Great culture, great company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work! Everyone is friendly and engaged, wellbeing and health are a strong focus and your ideas can really be heard.

Cons

None so far, love my time here.

Secret Escapes2019-04-17

April 23, 2019Talent Administrator

Hi - thanks for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying being a Secret Escaper! We really strive to ensure health and wellbeing are a strong focus and are glad this is coming through. If you ever think of anything else you'd like to share, please email us at hr@secretescapes.com, or pop by for a chat!

"Fast paced company, smart people and good environment"

Current Employee - Sales Production Coordinator in City of London, England

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional, hard working and smart people, informal environment and investments on employee mental wellness

Cons

none relevant that I can think of

Advice to Management

so far nothing to say, keep the clear and constant communication with the employees

Secret Escapes2019-02-27

March 22, 2019Talent Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear you like the environment, and your colleagues! We're also glad you 're enjoying our wellness initiatives, we want to ensure wellness is a strong focus for everyone. If you have any other feedback you'd like to discuss, you can always email us at hr@recruitment.com.

"sales exec"

I worked at Secret Escapes full-time

Pros

great working environment great people free food daily booze on fridays

Cons

no career progression low salary bad internal communications cliquey

Secret Escapes2019-01-13

January 31, 2019Talent Administrator

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your time at Secret Escapes. We value all comments and will take your views on board. It’s lovely to hear that you enjoy the environment, the perks we have here at Secret Escapes, such as the yummy food in the kitchen and that the people you worked with are great - we think so too! Sorry to hear your comments about a lack of clear career progression, and around salaries – we benchmark our salaries against the market and do salary reviews annually. We also offer a variety of training and coaching sessions and we promoted 45 people internally in the first half of the year alone. Thanks for your comments around internal communications - we are working hard to ensure there is more consistent communications throughout the business, and will be launching our own intranet soon! We also have a new Internal Comms Executive who has joined the business to ensure our communications are frequent and relevant. With regards to your view of a “cliquey” environment, it would be really helpful to understand your experience. We would welcome an anonymous message to HR with anything that you would like to raise to help us consider this in an objective manner. We welcome any further views and we always endeavour to do our best to help our employees succeed and thoroughly enjoy work, so please do get in touch.

10. "A chance to grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Secret Escapes full-time for more than a year

Pros

You are faced with different and exciting challenges every day that not only test what you know but provides insight into how you can better yourself and those around you.

Cons

At times there seems to be a disconnect between senior management and those below them which means that a positive relationship isn't possible to build unless you are in a role that allows you to engage with them.

Advice to Management

It would be great for something like annual or bi-annual team building events outside of the office which allows employees to build a strong working relationship with fellow colleagues.

Secret Escapes2018-11-08

November 30, 2018Talent Administrator

Thank you for your post and taking the time to write a glassdoor review about your experiences at Secret Escapes! It’s lovely to hear how much you enjoy your work, and that you feel challenged and are continuously able to develop! We believe in development and love to dedicate time and resource to achieve this! Sorry to hear your comments about senior management; we are always looking to make sure effective working relationships can be built across the whole business and initiatives such as our new series ‘Conversations with our founders’, where you can ask them all your questions and rolling out the social committee (which you’re welcome to join!) are all designed to help this. We appreciate your feedback, and hope that continue to feel your work here is challenging and rewarding like we do!

Found 47 reviews