SeeByte Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SeeByte Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SeeByte

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in November 2019.

Interview

Pros:
- Kept up to date on the status of my application
- Time between application and interview was short
- Whole process was concise and professional

Cons
- Orignial telephone interview with recruiter felt impersonal

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SeeByte

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SeeByte (Edinburgh, Scotland) in April 2018.

Interview

Two after days after applying for the job I already received a confirmation email. After this it took 5 more days to get a telephone screening interview with HR. This was a quick process and we had a chance to go through my CV and why I was applying for the job. Three days after this first interview I had already agreed about an onsite interview which got scheduled 2 weeks after the first interview.

During the onsite interview we went again though my CV with hiring manager Jose Vazquez. This was a very comfortable discussion and I was able to feel surprisingly relaxed. I also got a chance to ask plenty of questions to form better understand about the position and the company. Second part of this interview was a programming test that was done on paper without the interviewer being present. This was nice as I had time to think about the problems without feeling pressure. In the end we went through all the problems. All the problems were relevant in my opinion and were varied in difficulty. This kind of problem set gives candidates, with varied backgrounds, a good chance to show their skills.

There was meant be to be a second onsite interview later but I already had other offers too. I let the interviewer know this and he was able to schedule my second interview to happen already during the same day. This was very nice and flexible from SeeByte.

I had the second onsite review in two hours after the first one. This time interviewers were two other managers. It really makes difference to be interviewed by competent people compared to junior engineers who often during the interviews do not focus on what is important. During this interview I got chance to explain again my background and why I was applying for this particular position. After this I did two hour long programming and planning exercise. The programming was done on computer. This was a very nice way to show I could actually program. Again it was great to get to do the exercises in solitude without any pressure from interviewers. After the exercises we briefly went through my solutions. In end I had plenty of time to ask questions in order to probe if the position and the company were right for me.

The day after the interview I already received a job offer. Overall this was one of the smoothest interview experiences I have had. The process was quick too, a bit over three weeks after applying I already had an offer!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.