Selby Jennings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Selby Jennings Interview Questions

Updated 13 Aug 2018

2.2

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings.

Interview

A recruiter, emailed me about a position I applied for. She set a time to speak. She did not answer and I put time aside for our conversation. Never responded to calls/emails or apologized for being a no show.

This was very rude and unprofessional. My time is just as important and all it did was show how she lacked respect. She reached out to me, so she should have not set up an appointment. It's not that hard to do something as simple as show up.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings in November 2016.

Interview

Negative introduction to Selby Jennings. The recruiter called for first interview on wrong day. We rescheduled. She did not call on the date/time we scheduled. Although she said she called, but got no answer, she did not leave a voice mail and I never received her call. I passed on interview after reading other Glassdoor reviews for this company.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings.

Interview

They call me all the time. Many young recruiters that are unprofessional. Young and inexperienced. Do not waste your time. They are young and looking for a commission.

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied to Phaidon International, contacted by a recruiter in the UK for a position in New York. One long phone interview followed by two in person interviews. After the first in person interview, I was brought back for a few hours to make some calls. I was talking to actual people and prospective clients. It went very smoothly, most candidates are easy and willing to talk to. You are looking to get information out of the candidates and for the most part they were friendly and willing to share. Thought I would walk out of there with an offer but was contacted after saying otherwise. Everyone in the office I met was British, and pretty friendly. Had I been given an offer I would have taken it if the base salary was higher. Overall not a terrible experience, but always seems to be when you have multiple interviews and no offer!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Why do you want a role in sales, why Selby Jennings, what are your skills that will help you be a top recruiter, etc.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional and not related to the position I applied to. I think the position posting is a scam or the company is very incompetent to find the right hire . The interviewer had no skills and no authority to make any decisions. It was so pathetic. Where is the recruiting going to?

Interview Questions

• What other companies I have interviews with?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Disorganized, poor level of service, representative(s) unable to conceptualize roles foundation. Follow ups are non existent, unable to explain roles in depth, unable to bridge gap between experience & requirements for requisitions. Needless to say, the financial firm I manage now will never seek this firms assistance in filling positions..

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, I had to coach several individuals on the finance industry and how skills, accomplishments etc contributed to roles requirements. Again don't waste your time applying through this firm, go directly to the source to submit!   Answer Question

Declined due to level of service experienced, figured if the financial firm that outsourced Selby Jennings found them to be a good fit that it was just not going to work, given the negative experiences.. I recommend all financial firms to seek other recruiting methods..

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email regarding current positions requesting telephone date. Upon responding to email and providing CV und responding to written questions in many cases no follow-up response from SJ consultant. In other cases, interview call actually takes place in which the SJ consultant just fishes for information on recent interviews, interview partners at banks and fund managers. In an additional case, I was interviewed by SJ consultant for a specific role, was put forward (supposedly) to the client, but never heard back from SJ consultant on status/outcome. The overall impression is that the firm is highly unprofessional, perhaps even unethical. However, it does seem to be an excellent self marketing firm with a great website and practice great market segmentation with the family of sister "specialist" recruitment trading names for other industries. This industry needs a serious FCA type regulator.

Interview Questions

• Looking for new business leads from me rather than discussing a particular role. SJ consultants do not really seem to know "their" sector well. Most have no work experience in the sector.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings.

Interview

worked with Adam S for a role in Greenwich CT. From start to finish he handled things thoroughly and was prompt to respond. From start to finish, landing this role took him less than 72 hours.
    He had a great feel for matching my background and the companies needs so there was no delay in getting things done. Look forward to working with him and the firm again

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to be placed at a great firm because I have a client that needs someone just like you   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Group panel interview. Work with others to pitch candidates and pitch company in hypothetical situations. Afterwards you are tasked with calling candidates and sending out email reviews of resumes. Afterwards, one on one meeting with the manager who gauges your interest.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

SJ is not known as a recuriter in the Swiss market and as of my experience, I did still not understand, if it is a serious company or scam.
    They are currently advertising aggressively in the Swiss market for Marketing Manager positions. I did send my application for a position, where my CV did fit perfectly.
    As I didn't get an answer, I called the recruiter and she was very short and quite impolite on the phone. Differently from all the other recruitment specialists, I've been working with. She made the impression of being a telesales agent.
    So we agreed, that I am going to resend her my CV via email, what I did, but I didn't get any answer, feedback, confirmation,...
    So my personal impression is, that it is scam and that they are just collecting contacts and personal information of marketing managers within the market.
    If this is untrue, then all I can say, is that they are quite rude and unprofessional and surely not a 'partner' to work with.

Selby Jennings Response

12 Nov 2014 – Head of Marketing

Thank you for sharing this feedback and bringing this experience to our attention. We take feedback of this kind very seriously and will be reviewing internal processes to ensure this doesn't happen... More

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.