Selby Jennings Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Selby Jennings Interview Questions

Updated 30 Oct 2017

2.2

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings in November 2016.

Interview

Negative introduction to Selby Jennings. The recruiter called for first interview on wrong day. We rescheduled. She did not call on the date/time we scheduled. Although she said she called, but got no answer, she did not leave a voice mail and I never received her call. I passed on interview after reading other Glassdoor reviews for this company.

Client Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings.

Interview

A recruiter, emailed me about a position I applied for. She set a time to speak. She did not answer and I put time aside for our conversation. Never responded to calls/emails or apologized for being a no show.

This was very rude and unprofessional. My time is just as important and all it did was show how she lacked respect. She reached out to me, so she should have not set up an appointment. It's not that hard to do something as simple as show up.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Disorganized, poor level of service, representative(s) unable to conceptualize roles foundation. Follow ups are non existent, unable to explain roles in depth, unable to bridge gap between experience & requirements for requisitions. Needless to say, the financial firm I manage now will never seek this firms assistance in filling positions..

Interview Questions

• No questions asked, I had to coach several individuals on the finance industry and how skills, accomplishments etc contributed to roles requirements. Again don't waste your time applying through this firm, go directly to the source to submit!   Answer Question

Declined due to level of service experienced, figured if the financial firm that outsourced Selby Jennings found them to be a good fit that it was just not going to work, given the negative experiences.. I recommend all financial firms to seek other recruiting methods..

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (West Palm Beach, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Unprofessional and not related to the position I applied to. I think the position posting is a scam or the company is very incompetent to find the right hire . The interviewer had no skills and no authority to make any decisions. It was so pathetic. Where is the recruiting going to?

Interview Questions

• What other companies I have interviews with?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings.

Interview

worked with Adam S for a role in Greenwich CT. From start to finish he handled things thoroughly and was prompt to respond. From start to finish, landing this role took him less than 72 hours.
    He had a great feel for matching my background and the companies needs so there was no delay in getting things done. Look forward to working with him and the firm again

Interview Questions

• Are you looking to be placed at a great firm because I have a client that needs someone just like you   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Contacted by email regarding current positions requesting telephone date. Upon responding to email and providing CV und responding to written questions in many cases no follow-up response from SJ consultant. In other cases, interview call actually takes place in which the SJ consultant just fishes for information on recent interviews, interview partners at banks and fund managers. In an additional case, I was interviewed by SJ consultant for a specific role, was put forward (supposedly) to the client, but never heard back from SJ consultant on status/outcome. The overall impression is that the firm is highly unprofessional, perhaps even unethical. However, it does seem to be an excellent self marketing firm with a great website and practice great market segmentation with the family of sister "specialist" recruitment trading names for other industries. This industry needs a serious FCA type regulator.

Interview Questions

• Looking for new business leads from me rather than discussing a particular role. SJ consultants do not really seem to know "their" sector well. Most have no work experience in the sector.   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied to Phaidon International, contacted by a recruiter in the UK for a position in New York. One long phone interview followed by two in person interviews. After the first in person interview, I was brought back for a few hours to make some calls. I was talking to actual people and prospective clients. It went very smoothly, most candidates are easy and willing to talk to. You are looking to get information out of the candidates and for the most part they were friendly and willing to share. Thought I would walk out of there with an offer but was contacted after saying otherwise. Everyone in the office I met was British, and pretty friendly. Had I been given an offer I would have taken it if the base salary was higher. Overall not a terrible experience, but always seems to be when you have multiple interviews and no offer!

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions. Why do you want a role in sales, why Selby Jennings, what are your skills that will help you be a top recruiter, etc.   1 Answer

Trainee Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (London, England) in June 2017.

Interview

Sit down with multiple managers and directors from other internal brands to determine a good fit within the company. Normally starts with being shown the offices and then sitting in a small meeting room at the back of the sales floor. It is all about your background, where you want to be and why you want to be there.

Interview Questions

• Where do you want to be?
      What do you want to achieve?
      What sector would you like to be in?
      Why recruitment?   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in March 2016.

Interview

There are a few stages for the process. From phone interview to work sample, the process provides the opportunity for candidates to have a grasp of how it is like to work with the company and their culture.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Phaidon/Selby Jennings instead of other agencies in the industry?   Answer Question

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selby Jennings (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview with the HR which was casual and just have to elaborate on why you applied for the role. Should have an understanding of recruitment so do your research.
    Next you'll meet with the HR, managers and directors. If that goes well you'll move on to a Work Sample. This was interesting because many other firms would hold an Assessment Centre which may not be entirely useful since it is more of impressing with your preparation and not your innate abilities. The WS gave me an insight of what an average day at work would be like in the office where you actually get to try out a day as a Recruitment Consultant. This will also enable you to make a more informed decision since you actually tried out the role.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply to Selby Jennings?
      What do you know about recruitment?
      What would motivate you?
      What is your personality like?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.