Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Selfridges Interview Questions

Updated 10 Oct 2017

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

Video interview - had to do an online questionnaire and then afterward was invited to a video interview. You are allowed 10 seconds to think of an answer the to question they present and then you have 40 seconds to answer it,

Interview Questions

• Can you name the presents in the 12 days of Christmas song   1 Answer

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Long screening test, some roles require you to do online assessment. Takes a long time to receive a confirmation if you got through to the next stage. Group interview was easy but very high demands.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Long and characterized by different steps. online application, phone call and then interview at the HQ in London. The phone call and the person interview was done with different HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Selfridges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Selfridges (Manchester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied temperate sale position online via Elite associate. They provided an introduction training, but I did not attend. After that, I had a group interview (5 people) at Selfridges in next 3 days. The whole interview lasted about 30 min, I knew the results back at the same day.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Selfridges (Leicester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The interviewer were relaxed and friendly. quesions were set but discussion was relatively informal. genuinely tried to assess what I was like as a person and discussed what the job involved. talked

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Selfridges (Manchester, England) in June 2017.

Interview

First of all, you apply online via the Selfridges website (Stage One) and if successful, you are invited to a video interview (Stage Two) which consists of a few questions asked on-screen and then records your response via your webcam. Be professional and let your personality shine through as the video interview is assessed to see if you're a bubbly character, which are what Selfridges look for in their staff.

If you're successful in Stage Two, you are invited to a group interview a.k.a. Hiring Event (Stage Three) where you do a presentation about yourself and why you want to work at Selfridges inc. relevant experience. Interviewers (usually a good handful in the room) assess your ability to listen to others and how you present yourself, your passion for fashion/retail and communication. Few quick-fire questions asked and then you have a one-to-one interview. Will be contacted within a week.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about Selfridges values and how it is used within the company?   Answer Question
    • Have you had any relevant experience, including a time where you truly went beyond a customer's expectations?   Answer Question
    • What hours are you looking to work?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges in June 2017.

Interview

Simple online application. Was then emailed a few days later inviting me to complete a video interview. For this, there were about 5 written questions you had to answer before the actual video portion e.g. when can you start, the hours you want to work etc. For the video portion, you have 1 minute thinking time and 1 minute to answer, again about 5 questions specific to the department you've applied for. You can't go back and re-answer questions, but you can skip them. I recieved a call about a week later inviting me for an interview with one of the managers, who was super friendly. The questions they asked were related to the 5 values of Selfridges, as well as questions asking about any planned holidays and stuff like that. They really do want you to do well and aren't there to catch you out or anything. A week later they called me offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Video:
      Why are you a foody? How would you make the atmosphere exciting for customers? What is something we wouldn't know about you from looking at your cv?   Answer Question
    • 1-to-1:
      When have you delivered luxury customer service? A time you recieved difficult feedback. What are some of your hobhies? How would you engage with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in April 2017.

Interview

Face to face interview. The first part of the interview was a group interview where you have to do a presentation in front of other people and present yourself. The second part was a one-to-one interview with the manager, asking questions about work experience and personal details.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.