Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Christmas Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Online application was quick and easy, was contacted within a few days via email asking me to do a video interview, this was very easy with some great questions like "apart from your Christmas jumper what sets you apart from your friends" and "can you name all the gifts in the 12 days of Christmas". This was relaxed and something to have fun with to let your personality shine. I was contacted within a few days inviting me to a group interview in store, this was again a great experience with amazing management who were incredibly friendly and made the environment very relaxed and positive. The interview consisted of telling "my stories" in turns then a scenario based activity. My story is something they ask you to bring with you so that you can talk about yourself and how you are a good candidate for a Christmas role. The scenarios were also very relaxed and easy, we were separated into smaller groups and given a scenario to prepare a solution to, it's important to talk about things like link selling and how you will make the customers experience magical. I wasn't even asked any questions like why I want to work selfridges during the interview, but it's important you answer any questions like that within your my story so that they don't need to ask.Overall it was an incredibly positive interview process where management mainly focus on employing out going chatty people, skills seem to be less important than personality.

Interview Questions

• Apart from your Christmas jumper, what sets you apart from your friends   Answer Question
    • How will you make sure that the customer has a magical Christmas experience   Answer Question
    • Can you name all the gifts in the 12 days of Christmas   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Challenging excel Test and then 2 man interview with the heads if the department. Was able to take a calculator in to the excel test if needed. Basic interview questions. Seemed to like it if you knew about the company and its history, strengths and weaknesses.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Really positive, extremely well communicated with throughout, great feedback and enjoyed the process. I was approached directly by the recruiter who was extremely professional. I was told from the beginning the process would be long and I would need to meet a few people. I was well prepared by the recruiter and I felt confident when I met the line managers. I was encouraged to visit the store, talk to team members for feedback. I really enjoyed meeting Snr leaders and the insights I got from the business were invaluable.

Interview Questions

• Values questions were great, gave me a really good insight into what matters and the culture of the business.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Was what you would expect from a corporate company. It was with someone from HR and my line manager. My manager was pleasant, HR just took notes. It wasn't scary at all, they didn't ask any hard questions, I just talked through my past experience and why I want the job.

Interview Questions

• All the corporate questions, you can probably google it   Answer Question
    • Name a time in previous employment when you problem solved   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two weeks.

I got an emailing saying if I was available for a phone interview that day.
    The interviewer was about 45 mins late in calling- which I thought was boarder line inappropriate, but we all get caught up in things.

The moment I answered the phone I knew it wasn't going to go well. It was a Friday afternoon and she was talking really quickly and didn't even let me finish my responses. She clearly did not want to be on the phone (with me) or listen to anything I had to say from the very start. Pretty unprofessional considering it was a great opportunity. This individual makes me think differently about this company. The interview was over before it even began. Why did she even bother talking to me?!

She said she would get back to me the following week- no response.
    Heard back three weeks later- rejected.

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was simple and fairly quick. I had a telephone interview and then invited in for an initial fairly informal meeting. I then came back the following week to go through some more structured interview questions and an activity based around the role.

Interview Questions

• n/a most questions were fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I understand it is a large organisation but the interview process took far too long. 4 weeks from start to finish. Communication was poor with ever changing times on when a response or feedback would be given. I had to constantly chase to be given feedback on how it went. The lady I interviewed with was very nice but clearly just reading scripted questions, she seemed to lack passion.

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

1: 1 interview and panel interview with HR. Series of questions asked and answered lasted no more than one hour. No background checks of skills/personality tests and such. No security checks.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you?   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

An unexpected telephone interview, very quick and told me I had passed straight away and could I come for group interview two days later which I did. A two and a half hour interview along with a lot of other people all sitting round chatting with a very nice lady. One by one we would go into side room for a one to one interview, very relaxed and nice person interviewing me.
    That evening got a phone call saying I had passed that stage could I come in next week for another interview which I did. Two groups of six people having to do group building exercises. A bit cheesy but quite good fun. Was told we would hear within two weeks. Got a phone call that night when I got home offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked for a good place to eat in the area where would you suggest??? (My mind went completely blank)   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Applied online and after 3 weeks I was contacted to do a video interview. I answered 4 or 5 questions. It wasn't difficult but stressful because you had time to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.