Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Selfridges Interview Questions

Updated 3 Jul 2018

2.7

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in June 2015.

Interview

Challenging excel Test and then 2 man interview with the heads if the department. Was able to take a calculator in to the excel test if needed. Basic interview questions. Seemed to like it if you knew about the company and its history, strengths and weaknesses.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in August 2013.

Interview

Really positive, extremely well communicated with throughout, great feedback and enjoyed the process. I was approached directly by the recruiter who was extremely professional. I was told from the beginning the process would be long and I would need to meet a few people. I was well prepared by the recruiter and I felt confident when I met the line managers. I was encouraged to visit the store, talk to team members for feedback. I really enjoyed meeting Snr leaders and the insights I got from the business were invaluable.

Interview Questions

• Values questions were great, gave me a really good insight into what matters and the culture of the business.   Answer Question

Head Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Was what you would expect from a corporate company. It was with someone from HR and my line manager. My manager was pleasant, HR just took notes. It wasn't scary at all, they didn't ask any hard questions, I just talked through my past experience and why I want the job.

Interview Questions

• All the corporate questions, you can probably google it   Answer Question
    • Name a time in previous employment when you problem solved   Answer Question

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two weeks.

I got an emailing saying if I was available for a phone interview that day.
    The interviewer was about 45 mins late in calling- which I thought was boarder line inappropriate, but we all get caught up in things.

The moment I answered the phone I knew it wasn't going to go well. It was a Friday afternoon and she was talking really quickly and didn't even let me finish my responses. She clearly did not want to be on the phone (with me) or listen to anything I had to say from the very start. Pretty unprofessional considering it was a great opportunity. This individual makes me think differently about this company. The interview was over before it even began. Why did she even bother talking to me?!

She said she would get back to me the following week- no response.
    Heard back three weeks later- rejected.

Recruitment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in January 2012.

Interview

The process was simple and fairly quick. I had a telephone interview and then invited in for an initial fairly informal meeting. I then came back the following week to go through some more structured interview questions and an activity based around the role.

Interview Questions

• n/a most questions were fairly standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Design Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in April 2014.

Interview

1: 1 interview and panel interview with HR. Series of questions asked and answered lasted no more than one hour. No background checks of skills/personality tests and such. No security checks.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager are you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in February 2013.

Interview

An unexpected telephone interview, very quick and told me I had passed straight away and could I come for group interview two days later which I did. A two and a half hour interview along with a lot of other people all sitting round chatting with a very nice lady. One by one we would go into side room for a one to one interview, very relaxed and nice person interviewing me.
    That evening got a phone call saying I had passed that stage could I come in next week for another interview which I did. Two groups of six people having to do group building exercises. A bit cheesy but quite good fun. Was told we would hear within two weeks. Got a phone call that night when I got home offering me the job.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked for a good place to eat in the area where would you suggest??? (My mind went completely blank)   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Applied online and after 3 weeks I was contacted to do a video interview. I answered 4 or 5 questions. It wasn't difficult but stressful because you had time to answer the questions.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Selfridges (Manchester, England) in January 2015.

Interview

video interview asks the usual customer service questions and is done using a computer software that gives you around 5 mins to answer each question. does not take too long to complete and rather straight forward. this is usually followed by a phone call or e-mail as to if youre succesful or not

Interview Questions

• what do you view as the best possible customer service experience?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.