Selfridges Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Selfridges Interview Questions

Updated 10 Dec 2017

2.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was a lot to be said about this process I needed to get ready and talk to a bunch of high heads to get this position but it was worth it

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

I applied online and heard back within two weeks.

I got an emailing saying if I was available for a phone interview that day.
    The interviewer was about 45 mins late in calling- which I thought was boarder line inappropriate, but we all get caught up in things.

The moment I answered the phone I knew it wasn't going to go well. It was a Friday afternoon and she was talking really quickly and didn't even let me finish my responses. She clearly did not want to be on the phone (with me) or listen to anything I had to say from the very start. Pretty unprofessional considering it was a great opportunity. This individual makes me think differently about this company. The interview was over before it even began. Why did she even bother talking to me?!

She said she would get back to me the following week- no response.
    Heard back three weeks later- rejected.

Christmas Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Online application was quick and easy, was contacted within a few days via email asking me to do a video interview, this was very easy with some great questions like "apart from your Christmas jumper what sets you apart from your friends" and "can you name all the gifts in the 12 days of Christmas". This was relaxed and something to have fun with to let your personality shine. I was contacted within a few days inviting me to a group interview in store, this was again a great experience with amazing management who were incredibly friendly and made the environment very relaxed and positive. The interview consisted of telling "my stories" in turns then a scenario based activity. My story is something they ask you to bring with you so that you can talk about yourself and how you are a good candidate for a Christmas role. The scenarios were also very relaxed and easy, we were separated into smaller groups and given a scenario to prepare a solution to, it's important to talk about things like link selling and how you will make the customers experience magical. I wasn't even asked any questions like why I want to work selfridges during the interview, but it's important you answer any questions like that within your my story so that they don't need to ask.Overall it was an incredibly positive interview process where management mainly focus on employing out going chatty people, skills seem to be less important than personality.

Interview Questions

• Apart from your Christmas jumper, what sets you apart from your friends   Answer Question
    • How will you make sure that the customer has a magical Christmas experience   Answer Question
    • Can you name all the gifts in the 12 days of Christmas   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Online application, there are standard questions and also a SJT which is quite difficult. They won't accept you if you have little to no experience in high end retail for a significant amount of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Selfridges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

I had a video interview however, I failed it. There were 20 seconds thinking time and roughly 18 questions. Also, the interview process was kind of easy however I struggled some questions as it was my first time doing an online interview. Also, there were slight technical problems I faced whilst using the application to record my interview.

Interview Questions

• what is it like during the festive period in Selfridges?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Selfridges.

Interview

Video interview - had to do an online questionnaire and then afterward was invited to a video interview. You are allowed 10 seconds to think of an answer the to question they present and then you have 40 seconds to answer it,

Interview Questions

• Can you name the presents in the 12 days of Christmas song   1 Answer

Christmas Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Long screening test, some roles require you to do online assessment. Takes a long time to receive a confirmation if you got through to the next stage. Group interview was easy but very high demands.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Selfridges (London, England).

Interview

Long and characterized by different steps. online application, phone call and then interview at the HQ in London. The phone call and the person interview was done with different HR personnel.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at Selfridges?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Selfridges (Birmingham, England) in September 2017.

Interview

The first stage is completing an online application, with written questions, e.g. how you would interact with a customer and provide luxury services. Second stage is a video interview where you have 5 questions, you are given a question with 30 seconds to think and then 2 mins to answer. Third stage is then the assessment centre, there were around 20 people present at mine. You have to create a 5 minute presentation prior to this, which is primarily about yourself and why you would be suitable for the role. You then do a group activity of how you would handle certain situations, and that's it, takes around 2 hours!

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Selfridges (Manchester, England) in August 2017.

Interview

The first in-person job interview is typically a one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.