SendBird Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SendBird Interview Questions

Interviews at SendBird

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The recruiter called me, gave her my elevator pitch, then she told me that she can't interview me b/c my experience wasn't up to par and she was looking for someone who knows python. Wasted my time, she could've seen that from the resume. Also she was working on something else while we were talking. Not going to apply again.

Interview Questions

• How many years were you out of school?   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It started with an initial email outreach that scheduled me for an over the phone interview. The recruiter was very rude and condescending. She keep correcting me very aggressively as well. I didn’t land a second interview, which I was happy about because the vibe I got from the initial person made me think the rest of the company would be like that as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sendbird?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird in September 2017.

Interview

SendBird has a fairly standard interview process that consisted of 1-2 phone/video interviews followed by an onsite interview that lasted a few hours, with multiple people. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Company culture is important to SendBird and the questioning will reflect that. Beyond that, they asked role specific questions to gauge how I would handle certain situations and my prioritization logic of tasks/customers.   Answer Question

Content Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird (Redwood City, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening, long-form writing assignment, follow-up interview, on-site interview (2 x 2 people each), additional follow-up.

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but everything was very professional obviously. The most difficult part initially was understanding the product fully (I am not a developer) and being able to use that to leverage my raw ability. Since I interviewed people at both the APAC office and US office, there were more video calls than I expected. And, actually, I could have handled that more professionally--I interviewed in my room and I think I had some towels hanging up (I saw the interviewer react to it). So, uh, find a good place to video call, be comfortable, and bring something to write with for notes.

There were job fit and value fit sections of the interview, and the value fit seemed to carry some weight, especially, I think, because the team in the office was small and in tight-ish quarters. So you had to be a good person, or it would be bad for everyone.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SendBird (Seoul (South Korea)) in January 2017.

Interview

got 2 technical interviews, and 1 value-fit interview. technical interviews were like technical questions and coding-test using the platform in favour. value-fit interview was kinda joke. looked like its still in progress to establish the hiring process - somewhat experimental.

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird in June 2019.

Interview

It was offered by an agency. Face to face interview twice at their office, one video call included.
    The whole process wasn't delayed and prompt feedback was provided from them.

Interview Questions

• At the first interview: mostly about previous/current experiences   Answer Question
    • Case Study
      A LOT of Sendbird user case questions - what would you recommend to client A for a better service? which I found difficult   Answer Question

UI-UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SendBird (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Confirmed that despite receiving several applications, the hiring team at SendBird is not in the habit of pursuing the professional decency nor the human courtesy to send a reply to job applicants.

Interview Questions

• The company does not interview candidates, only receiving résumés and portfolios.   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.