SendBird Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SendBird Interview Questions

Interviews at SendBird

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The company is very unprofessional and going through the process turned out to be a huge waste of time. Set up an interview after talking to a recruiter. After a few weeks, I reached out to the recruiter to request for an update on interview results. My e-mail bounced and turns out the recruiter had left the company a few weeks prior (red flag?). I was then informed by a third party that the company is on a hiring freeze. Still haven't heard a single word back from SendBird -- at least provide the professional courtesy of an update or rejection.

Interview Questions

• Working through a problem with another engineer on CoderPad   1 Answer

SendBird Response

24 Feb 2020 – Head of People & Culture, Global

Hey! I am so sorry to hear about your experience. We are absolutely not in a hiring freeze so I am happy to check on your status as a candidate for a software engineering role. Please email Caitlin at talent@sendbird.com.
    Thanks,
    Caitlin
    VP People @ SendBird

Strategic Account Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird.

Interview

Internal and external recruiters reached out within a few days of one another. I followed up with the internal recruiter first. Following the phone screen with HR, I was scheduled for a video interview with the hiring manager. The general tone of the interview with the seemed to be to gauge the interpersonal dynamic, and I recall only two interview-type questions: "Tell me about a deal you closed" and "how you closed it and why should I hire you?"

The next and final step would have been an in person interview meeting with several people. Ultimately however, the Head of Sales for the Americas decided to pass on my candidacy.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird in February 2020.

Interview

Connected with the recruiter through LinkedIn. They moved me really fast throughout the process, and were incredibly helpful in answering all of my questions and needs. I had no email that has not been answered within an hour of sending time.
    The recruitment process has been really smooth, and SendBird tries to address all of your concerns. They are more professional and prepared than many Big Tech companies for their interviews. Their compensation is genuinely competitive (yes, even compared to Big Tech).

Incredibly positive experience.

Interview Questions

• People I have interacted in the company have high social skills in addition to engineering skills, because SendBird emphasizes its values and wants to make sure that the people it brings on board also carry their 8 core values.

Of course, solve Leetcode questions, but more importantly, take the values to heart when you apply.   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird in February 2020.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me upon my application. Had a recruiter interview, and a long silence afterwards despite his telling me that he would get to me by the end of the week. The recruiter was extremely unprofessional and green. He even called me late and was not apologetic about it. I don't think he knew half of the stuff I talked about. I was well qualified for the role, if not overqualified. Then after multiple inquires about the status, I got the generic "we will not move forward" email. If this company cares about hiring really qualified people with true merits, they should first start by hiring some recruiters with brains and some experience. Note to the management: having this type of unskilled recruiters not only cost you top talent but also tarnish your brand

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

HR phone screen, 1 hour SQL quiz, hiring manager phone call, normal on-site interview.

1 hour coderpad SQL test weird. They should give me a dataset and ask me to explore, predict, or model it instead. Just knowing mechanical SQL skills isn’t enough. Any real job needs high-level brain conceptual functions.

Office is literally right next to San Mateo Caltrain (very convenient!).

Hiring manager was very different on the phone versus in-person.

Subtle hints that they used to have a workaholic culture, but are trying to turn it around. Suspiciously high number of Korean executives and employees — even though it was a Korean founded company. Is that what “culture fit” means to them?

They underestimate the work required to build a strong data pipeline. One strong employee won’t do it all. You need a team of people — really a team of data engineers. The analysts should make reports for the business people or evangelize the data scientists’ work. Not build a pipeline from scratch.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SendBird in November 2019.

Interview

I recommend avoiding this company.

Their interview process is ineffective, disorganized, and a waste of time.

The process started with scheduling a time for the phone screen; they took over a week to respond, with no acknowledgement of any kind once I submitted my availability.

During the interview, the recruiter was rude and condescending. She had made her decision before the call even started. She also made the team sound like a miserable group to work with.

People and Culture Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Applied online on company website, went through a phone screen with the recruiter, phone/video interview with hiring manager, final step was an on-site panel interview. Overall a very smooth interview experience, and the company was able to accommodate candidate's schedule. Feel welcomed throughout the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Big emphasis on cultural fit, scenarios, job-based questions, behavioral questions   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The recruiter called me, gave her my elevator pitch, then she told me that she can't interview me b/c my experience wasn't up to par and she was looking for someone who knows python. Wasted my time, she could've seen that from the resume. Also she was working on something else while we were talking. Not going to apply again.

Interview Questions

• How many years were you out of school?   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The interview process was a very efficient two steps that included a phone interview with a Recruiter on the team an then an on-site where I was able to meet people from a lot fo different parts of the organization.

Expectations were very clear from the beginning and the process was very smooth from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of companies/industries you have recruited for before?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

It started with an initial email outreach that scheduled me for an over the phone interview. The recruiter was very rude and condescending. She keep correcting me very aggressively as well. I didn’t land a second interview, which I was happy about because the vibe I got from the initial person made me think the rest of the company would be like that as well.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about sendbird?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.