SendBird Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 33 interviews

Other13%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SendBird (New York, NY)

Interview

Recruiter did not set correct expectations for the initial interview and setting up the call took a long time. Interview questions were very generic/unimaginative. Got the impression the hiring manager was too hands-on, microsmanages and lacks trust in the team - all red flags for anyone in sales. I was rushed off the call too which I thought was very unprofessional. No feedback following the interview from recruiter or Sendbird team.

Interview Questions
  • tell me about a time you showed... (what ever you say about yourself they will ask for an example)
    Answer Question

SendBird

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird in Oct 2021

Interview

A recruiter reached out to apply. After having an initial conversation with him, and the Hiring Manager, I was given a fairly simple assignment. The expected time was 2-3 hours but took only 40 minutes to complete. It was an easy project, setting up their service and adding two features.. Confusingly enough, did not get invited to continue and was not provided any feedback. Perhaps the expectation was to do more but I would be assuming. The role itself involves no coding despite being called Solutions Engineering.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

229 Comments

Join the conversation on

SendBird

Application

I interviewed at SendBird

Interview

Very straight forward. Excellent and efficient communication. Conversational based. The first stage was a preliminary phone call and the second stage was with the Head of Sales, who admitted that I was the first person who he had interviewed and that he was still trying to figure out exactly what he was looking for. I appreciated the honestly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SendBird

Application

I interviewed at SendBird

Interview

It was a casual interview, nothing technical. I was just not prepared enough for the position and it was my first official job interview. I am a native Korean and I guess they want someone who can speak fluent Korean.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Please introduce yourself. Q: Please tell me about log management.

Anonymous Employee in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SendBird (Seoul) in May 2021

Interview

It started with a phone interview with a recruiter and then there were two other interviews after that. One was a video interview with a hiring manager then moved on to a value fit interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SendBird (Seoul) in Mar 2021

Interview

Applied LinkedIn and received to have 1st zoom interview. However arranging first interview took a while. After first interview had second interview with hiring manager. He directly said is looking for candidate who have deep understanding on tech background and can speak computer tech language.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SendBird

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule time to connect - I emailed with some questions with no response. I then emailed again to close the loop and once again no response. Very poor experience.

Interview Questions
  • There were no questions because I didn't even get a response after the first email.

SendBird

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird in Feb 2021

Interview

I received a rejection (without giving any reason) 1 week after I submitted my application. I was very qualified for the job, even over-qualified. I think the reason for the rejection was because I live in the Philippines. Sendbird states they value Global Citizenship, which means they don't discriminate an applicant based on origin and nationality. So, I applied. But it is all talk. They don't honor that value. If they stated the truth that they only employ applicants from 1st World countries, I wouldn't have wasted my energy and time preparing and submitting my application. Sendbird is a very deceptive company. Be careful.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

SendBird

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SendBird

Interview

There was six round of interviews for the Sales position. - Initial screening by the recruiter/Talent specialist - Interview with Direct Report - Pitch Practice - They asked for a legit company and how to go after them with Sendbird's products. the pitch round was a role play with the direct report - Value fit interview - Interview with head of Sales APAC - Interview with VP of Sales Global - Offer

Interview Questions
  • It was all general sales ppl interview questions. A lot of number crunching.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SendBird (San Mateo, CA) in Nov 2020

Interview

The worst ever. A recruiter contacted me and wanted to set up an interview right away. Then she emailed me on Sunday said she wanted to reschedule because of Dr's appointment. Then she ignores all messages after. Really unprofessional. Is this how your company treat ppl?

6 people found this interview helpful