Severn Trent Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Severn Trent Interview Questions

Updated 23 Jan 2018

2.8

Senior Lab Tech Interview

Interview

very quick and to the point, the interview was quite casual and completed in succession with a tour. The interview was more about personality and quality characteristics as opposed to technical knowledge.

Business Leadership Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, West Midlands, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Warwick, West Midlands, England) in November 2017.

Interview

The standard online application phase with relatively straightforward motivation questions. Followed by psychometric tests, which if you are used to doing are not difficult, a report from CAPP is then sent to you with strengths I demonstrated during these tests. I found out quite far in advance that I am invited to an assessment centre in their Warwick office, the home of the sewage works. It was only a half day assessment, that began with a group exercise, where we had to decide on a project Seven Trent should go forward with and justify why.
    This was followed by a 'role-play' situation where you had 20 minutes to prepare for a pretend meeting with a line manager to summarise information you are given and provide your own thoughts. Final part of that day was a pre-prepared presentation and interview delivered to one assessor. The interview is a strengths based interview, so it is worth reading the structure of these beforehand if unfamiliar. It was a relaxed atmosphere but almost a bit too much, we did not begin until 30 minutes after arriving, it was clear the interview was inexperienced in interviewing and not having the day in the office you will be working in was odd.

The interview was on a Friday and we was assured the feedback and outcome will be with us by end of play Wednesday, unfortunately did not receive any information until the following Monday. Unsurprisingly given the length it took them to get back in touch with me, I was unsuccessful. However, more disappointing than that was the lack of tangible feedback from the assessment centre. All I received is a generated email from CAPP displaying 2 strengths and weaknesses that I displayed or did not display and how these would be helpful at Severn Trent. I then requested to receive more feedback about the particular elements e.g. how I could improve my presentations etc, a week after sending that email I was told they are unable to provide any more feedback. This was a shame as Severn Trent had been helpful and easily contactable before the day but then afterwards there was no desire to help in this way, which I always think is a tad harsh given our investment into the process in time and money (no reimbursements for assessment centres).

Interview Questions

• Would your friends and family think you are a good fit for this role   Answer Question

Customer Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shrewsbury, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Shrewsbury, England) in July 2017.

Interview

First Interview is with a recruitment advisor, informal and friendly. Second stage is an assessment centre, with maths test, and other types of competency based tests, but nothing to be worried about, just stay calm and read the questions properly before answering. Staff are friendly and helpful, really nice people and good work ethics.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency based questions   1 Answer

22 Sep 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave the feedback. We are really glad you enjoyed your interview.

Senior Network Technician Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Birmingham, England) in July 2017.

Interview

A lot of online tests which then if successfull would mean that you get through to ths assessment centre for an interview. When at the assesment centre you undergo a series of assesments and tasks to complete.

Interview Questions

• Where would you like to be in 10 years time?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think that you are a good candidate for this apprenticeship?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent.

Interview

Applied online and received a call in a couple of days. The HR then handed my CV to the department manager and after revision I was invited to the interview. The whole process took up to 3 weeks. The interview itself was really relaxed and the guys were very friendly. Looks like really great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in 2 first weeks in this position?   1 Answer

Senior Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Derby, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Derby, England) in May 2017.

Interview

Very straight and to the point interview. A conversation around skill set and what i could bring to the team. Also previous experience and how I could relate this to the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Severn trent   1 Answer

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tettenhall, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Tettenhall, England) in February 2017.

Interview

interview with panel of 2 people, did company research first which helped, interview fairly relaxed and took about 50 mins. Did ask for feedback but unfortunately didn't receive this.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you have had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

22 Sep 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really glad you enjoyed your interview. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t receive any feedback after you requested it. At Severn Trent we strive... More

Engineering Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Leamington Spa, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Royal Leamington Spa, England) in January 2017.

Interview

a number of online tests, with an invitation to an assessment centre. the assessment centre was a mixture of group and individual exercises. Make sure you know about the company's ODI's!

Interview Questions

Severn Trent Response

22 Sep 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are really glad you had a positive experience.

Business Leadership Graduate Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Birmingham, England) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview undertaken on the assessment day, after a group task, role play and presentation. interview was scripted so seemed robotic on the interviewer but relativity easy. Strengths based about how i think id fit in and related back to the presentation i had just carried out. roleplay was more technical part of the assessment.

Interview Questions

Severn Trent Response

Process Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Severn Trent (Coventry, England) in October 2016.

Interview

Mixture of behavioural questions and 2 technical questions about wastewater treatment. Most of the interviews at Severn Trent of behavioural questions. When have you made a change in the work process and persuaded stakeholders to take on your change.

Interview Questions

• What are the pro's and cons of different biological treatment. I did an internal interview so if you are new to industry they might not ask as specific questions more a general overview of what you know.   Answer Question

22 Sep 2017

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.