Sidley Austin Interview Questions

Updated 27 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 91 of over 91 interviews

Campus Recruiting15%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

It was a very lengthy process and they they took ages getting back to me. Apart from the fact that the process was long, the interview itself was not that hard if you are prepared. The interviewer was friendly and the questions are foreseeable so make sure to prepare and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
  • Why I chose this company?
    Answer Question

Sidley Austin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Very easy and relaxed! Mostly behavioral questions and everyone was very nice. Do recommend rehearsing answers before. Questions included about resume history, future careers, and personality. Heard back within a day.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Sidley?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL)

Interview

I spent most of the time taking tests. The typing test was a bit painful. They queried my software knowledge and included a spelling test to show adequate language skills and then a fairly brief interview.

Interview Questions
  • how much money did I want to earn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview process was disorganized. I didn't receive confirmation until the very night before the interview and was given pre-work and a case study. I entered into a 1 hour interview. The interviewers were nice enough, though they kept popping in and out of the video call. The questions were fast pace and were asked with the intent to throw the candidate off rather than assessing around any capability. The thing that turned me off the the experience is they had access to my entire career history and experience, decided to move me forward through the process, and ultimately declined to move forward with me because I haven't worked in the industry. If this was a deal breaker, they shouldn't have wasted their time or my time. It shows a lack of consideration by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • What is one thing you're most proud of? How does you feel about working on a remote team? Do you have tough skin?

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Singapore)

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, first round (30 minutes) with partner heading the practice group and office managing partner, second round (15 minutes) with a partner in the same practice group. I was asked why I was interested in moving, what I had done in my previous company and what I expected from the role

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Hired right on the spot basically. Had the manager come in last. Was interviewed by the two head billers, one who ended up being catty and the other who ended up quitting.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin in Mar 2021

Interview

Did not receive an email about starting the interview process until about ~4 weeks after applying to the position. Process was standard. 30 minute Phone screening by one of the hiring managers, 10 minute call from HR about salary expectations, A take-home personality assessment, and a final 1.5 hour video interview with senior team members and both hiring managers. Personally, I enjoyed the interview portion with the Senior team members more than the portion with the hiring managers. The senior team members would provide feedback on my answers and suggested additional troubleshooting steps on their scenario based questions. The hiring managers on the other hand seemed to be only "grilling" me with questions. Something that stood out to me was that one of the hiring managers seemed intent on getting me to second guess my responses. For instance, they responded with "really are you sure about that?", when they asked if I agreed with the result of my take-home personality assessment. Another time this behavior came up was after I gave my answers for a scenario based question. The same hiring manager would repeatedly ask me "Are you sure that's all you would do?", despite me affirming yes each time. They asked me this a total of 4 times and each time I confirmed that I could not think of anything else. I haven't encountered this interviewing "tactic" in any previous interviews, but I'd like to give that hiring manager the benefit of the doubt and believe that they were not trying to come off as hostile. Perhaps they were just looking for different answers than the ones I had provided.

Interview Questions
  • Most were standard interview questions, but there were a few scenario based questions such as, "A user calls in and is frustrated that they do not have internet on their laptop... how would you respond"

Sidley Austin

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

Straight-forward. The entire process took about 10 days. The process consisted of interviews with paralegals, and associates. The interviewers were friendly and professional. The team asked standard resume-oriented questions and questions concerning the interviewee's interest in the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Sidley Austin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin

Interview

A Conflicts Manager and Conflicts Attorney interviewed me, and it was quite an easy conversation about my background and current role. They want to know why I was leaving my past role and what will be expected of me if I do get that job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL)

Interview

They asked why I chose law school, what I like about Sidley, whether I had any practice areas in mind. They also asked what I'm looking for in a law firm.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Sidley Austin?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 91 Interviews