Sidley Austin Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Sidley Austin Interview Questions

Interviews at Sidley Austin

2.9

Assistant Interview

Interview

Had an initial phone interview with a recruiter who had just started working at Sidley. The recruiter was friendly and upfront about being new, but it was difficult to ask general questions about the company to someone who hadn't worked there very long.

Recruiter said someone would follow-up within a week, but almost 3 weeks later and no response, which is pretty unprofessional for candidates who took the time to speak with someone.

Staff Training and Development Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied to this position because a friend referred it to me. After an initial application and positive interview with a recruiter the company froze hiring. After a month or so hiring was back on. I was instructed to take an assessment pre an onsite interview and to print the assessment with me upon aproval for an on-site interview.

I had an initial interview with a gentleman who would be my direct report. Afterwords I took a Microsoft Suite and Outlook Assessment.

I assumed things went well because I was invited for another interview with himself and his partner/director report. I took notes, asked several questions, presented documentation showing previous trainings I had done. I felt very positive about the whole interaction until a week a later I received a generic rejection as though all I did was submit my resume.

Both interviewers gave me their emails in case I had questions and never responded when I asked for feedback.

A month later a recruiter emails me giving me feedback saying I didn't do everything that I am 100% positive I did do.

I figured they wanted someone with more Lawyer training experience or were just being extra picking. But it was extremely disheartening to not receive feedback and then receive feedback a month later that did not match my experience at all.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Went through the OCI process. There were two interviewers and they were both very personable. They had a lot of good insight about the firm and seemed genuinely interested in me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Basic resume overview and interests   1 Answer

Legal Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin.

Interview

Had a phone screening interview, then a two hour on-site interview which lasted two+ hours with the Secretarial Manager and two Secretarial Supervisors and ended with computer testing: proofreading, Microsoft Office, and typing. Invited back for a follow up, twenty minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to deal with a big customer service problem and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to handle multiple tasks at once.   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I did a first round interview with a paralegal manager. They asked me some questions, and we went through some points on my resume. It felt pretty conversational. A few weeks later, I was invited to do a second round, which consisted of speaking with several people I would be directly working with. Some asked me specific questions, but others were more conversational. I believe they all did reference my resume though, so be prepared to talk about that.

Overall, my interview experience at Sidley Austin was much more conversational than the ones I had at other firms. I felt like they are really looking for individuals who are a right "fit" for the firm.

Interview Questions

• Speak about a time you worked on a team and someone did not hold up their equal weight.
      If you were working on something and you thought there was a better way of doing it than what you were instructed to do, what would you do?
      How did you pick the school you go to?
      What's something you had to acclimate to in college?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview involved multiple people from several departments, including lawyers. A lot of competency questions: how you do that, how you use the data, what you are looking for. I was also given a hypothetical to describe what my approach would be in a particular situation.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin in February 2019.

Interview

Straightforward interview process - reviewed my resume, asked why I wanted to work there, what I knew about the firm, asked about my strengths, weaknesses, told me about the position and the managers in the department

Interview Questions

• Walk me thru your experience, how much experience do you have writing policies and procedures?   1 Answer

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied online was invited in for an interview. Met with about 4 people in other locations through video conference and 1 in person. Interview took about an hour and a half.

Interview Questions

• How has at your current firm prepared you for this role?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Interview mainly revolved around discussing the daily routine of the job, as well as the necessary soft skills including organisation and time management. Learned more about the specific role, and the general career path of most project assistants who either go to law school afterwards or take on more permanent roles as paralegals.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable doing work that is not very intellectually fuffilling   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sidley Austin (Chicago, IL (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Brief phone screening
    P/I test
    3 person onsite interview
    2nd round of interviews if you make it.

Be prepared, interviewers were friendly. Questions were straightforward. Elaborate on answers. There is a 2nd round if you make it past the 1st.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.