SilverRail Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

SilverRail Technologies Interview Questions

Updated 1 Oct 2017

3.2

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had a phone interview scheduled with someone in "talent acquisition." She confirmed my phone number by email the morning of. She never called me and never responded to my subsequent emails. Extremely unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

When HR contacted me, I was a bit confused as I did not remember applying for the company. However, the process went very fast and I got a phone interview. Basically the questions were related to SQL, Java and JavaScript. I were not familiar with the basic concepts so I was not surprised that they never contacted me after that. Anyway, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is "ACID" in database?   1 Answer
    • How to make string in Java? What is the problem for old += new? How to join a large amount of strings together?   1 Answer
    • How to parse parameters to function in JavaScript?   1 Answer
    • What is finally in Java? How does it work? What is exception?   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (Woburn, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by one of my old colleague. It started with phone screening by Technical Recruiter. Then there was a Skype interview as one of the interviewer was remote. Next round was in person interview. The in person interview was very well balanced. Not full of stupid puzzles or algebra problems. But interesting data structure related problems to solve. Lots of technical questions and lots of people on interview panel. I was interviewed by 7 people including CTO.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement your own optimized DOM element tree and implement element search   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (Brisbane (Australia)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an recruitment company. All the process took a week. I had one technical face to face interview with a software architect in Brisbane office which took around an hour and half. Then I did a technical test in 2 days. After that I had another face to face interview with an HR person which took about half an hour. Then I had an Skype interview with Vice President of engineering at Boston: he asked some questions about my past experiences. And the last one was a technical Skype interview which took around 45 minutes. And unfortunately I couldn't pass this step. Overall all interviewers were very nice and the questions were reasonable. It was a very interesting experience.

Interview Questions

• Questions about OOP, Core Java, some simple puzzles, Spring and JPA transaction management and Restful web services.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (Brisbane (Australia)) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was professional and did not give the feeling of intimidation. The interviewers were friendly and did not mind clarifying a question when asked. Interviews were a 3-stage process which included cultural (personality) and technical skills. Did not get the impression that any of the interviews were being 'rushed'; everything was at a comfortable pace. All interviews were conducted within standard business hours.

Interview Questions

• On what metric would you base the performance of a member of QA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation necessary. What was initially offered was agreed upon.

Commercial Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SilverRail Technologies (London, England).

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process because I got to speak to at least 4 people in the company that I'd be working with or reporting to. I got to learn a lot about the company and values as well as see the quality of the people I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.