SilverRail Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.6
SilverRail Technologies CEO Aaron Gowell
Aaron Gowell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "One of the best companies to work for!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great team and people to work with
    - They respect your office hours and personal time
    - They understand and appreciate everyone has a life beyond office as well
    - Good office space and layout
    - Snacks and good quality coffee!

Cons

None so far as any issues raised are resolved efficiently

Advice to Management

- None

"Great approach to work"

Pros

- They really understand the process behind developing technologies.
    - Empowers people to make smart decisions without having to be stuck in a top-down bureaucracy.
    - They make you feel as part of a bigger team.
    - Challenging goals.
    - You always feel like you're using the right tools for the job.
    - They understand teamwork.

Cons

- They feed us too much.

"Where I always wanted to be"

Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England
    Current Employee - Senior Director in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

fun
    excellence
    work atmosphere
    reputation with clients/partners
    freedom
    trust
    focus on collective success
    goodwill
    image
    quality and relationship with investors
    benefits
    work life balance

Cons

customer focus to ve developed further and more widely in the company
    exec delegation
    internal access to information/data
    coordination

Advice to Management

more delegation to senior staff
    more communication on strategy and future plans

5. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing team with really nice and smart people, it is really a pleasure to go to work.
    Great values, the company really respects balance between work life and personal one.
    Very interesting oncoming projects which make the job quite exciting!

Cons

Need sometimes to find all the information needed and need to be really autonomous (which is not always a cons but sometime can make you feel a bit lost while facing the amount of work to achieve the objectives)

Advice to Management

Don't rush to expend, invest in developing the current account as well
    Develop training program for employees
    Improve internal communication (cross-department and cross-offices)

6. "Everyone cares, everyone is passionate."

Current Employee - Commercial in London, England
    Current Employee - Commercial in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies (More than 5 years)

Pros

- One of the best things about working for SilverRail is that we still have that small company value of everyone cares.
    - Everyone is working towards a shared goal and is passionate about the products and services that SilverRail is developing. We have that 'We're in this together' feel about it.
    - There is no "That's not my section" mentality, people help each other out with their objectives.
    - The company still feels small but it's actually getting pretty big with 200+ people in office in Boston, Brisbane, London and Sweden. And home based people in Florida, Italy, France and I like the cultural diversity.
    - Our office environment in London is great, very comfortable to work in, has a homely feel. Boston is great too, really great design, lots of collaborative space. They take their Ping Pong seriously, although not as seriously as Brisbane I think.
    - The work is challenging, the sense of accomplishment and reward is big.
    - I love we are building products and bringing a new business model to the travel industry. We are building things that haven't been thought of before.
    - We are challenging the big guys... and beating them usually.
    - Great work life balance, no clock watching, just output watching.
    - People are smart, good place to learn.

Cons

- With multiple locations, keeping offices aligned with consistent communications could be better.
    - Going through the 'growing pains' of no longer being a small company (30 people) but trying not to load up with too much process and red tape.

"A good balance of dynamic and considered"

Current Employee - London in London, England
    Current Employee - London in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies full-time

Pros

SilverRail is a ideal blend for me of a big and small business. It has the positives of a new and nimble enterprise, offers greater sense of autonomy, some creative freedom, fewer rules, greater sense of impact.

When I worked for a big tech company, I romanticised the lawlessness and rewarding nature of start-ups.

Actually the frontline of an early stage start-up can be nerve-grindingly, pocket-emptyingly awful if things aren’t ‘right’. I did that too.

SilverRail is not this. Sure, we are rolling with an evolving strategy - comfort with ambiguity essential - but there is a calm and considered manner to this journey. Healthy investment means we don’t have to be always scrappy and we do enjoy creature comforts.

There is a great ying yang dynamic to the co-founders. There is a foundation of brilliant, methodical, open, warm, devoted, good people to this tech business.

Cons

Multiple locations mean we need to work harder to feel part of the one team. The grown –up nature of the business is a reflection of the grown up work force, certainly in London, there is not a big ‘after work drinks’ scene if that’s what is important to you. Its at the cross-roads of startup and 200 person global company, so we need some process for effective delegation and on boarding.

Advice to Management

Be aware of the geo/ functional silos & keep the communication.

"Exciting times ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SilverRail respects my personal time and allows me to work from home when I need to, this means that there is harmony in relation to the work/life balance that many employers strive for. The company can change direction quickly to respond to customer needs, some people find this challenging, but I feel that this removes the mundane and gives me new and exciting projects to work on. Overall though I think the best thing about working at SilverRail is the people I work with, there really is a true feeling of collaboration here!

Cons

The fast growing nature of the business means that we are often looking to expand the team by bringing in outside talent, rather than developing our existing employees. This means that whilst new roles are created, there is often limited opportunities for promotion.

Advice to Management

Invest in cross training and developing existing employees

"Exciting company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

SilverRail is a vibrant company with a big mission that makes it exciting to be a part of the team. There is a lot going on at SilverRail to tackle such a big opportunity which means there is always interesting things to work on, never a dull moment. It's super engaging being a part of a company that's going to really make a difference in the world... It will be great to look back in 10 years and say "I was part of that". With offices in Boston, Brisbane, Sweden and London there is a divers culture and some really smart people to work with. I love it.

Cons

With the amount of projects and initiatives in play, it sometimes feels like we are trying to do too much however we are the only ones really tackling this global challenge and big problems require big ambition.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at SilverRail Technologies full-time

Pros

Friendly team & culture
    International environment
    Growth company
    Backing from top tier VC's - Accel, Canaan, Sutter Hill & Mithril

Cons

The company is growing quickly (which is great), however, there are the usual challenges of transitioning from a "start-up" mentality into a bigger company

"Great Start Up to work for with Huge Potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

The small very intelligent team at SilverRail makes it an inspiring place to work. Knowing that we are revolutionising the industry is very exciting. No politics means things get done quickly. Clear leadership and direction means time does not get wasted. Really fun environment to work in, high energy, fast moving.

The work environment is positive, the office space is cool and comfortable.

Cons

Like any start-up, not everything is at your fingertips, things have to be started from scratch, which is not always a negative.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are, we are building a brilliant company that is really going to make a big difference in the travel industry