Skipton Building Society Interview Questions

Updated 15 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 14 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skipton Building Society

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Manchester City Centre, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Telephone interview general chat . Asked about my most recent jobs in past 6 years. How I heard about the job . What I knew about the company . What hours did I want to work .

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time I had to adapt the way I worked
    1 Answer
  • Describe a time when you were a good team player .

Anonymous Employee in Skipton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Skipton, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

First had a telephone interview which lasted about 15 minutes, just going through what I knew about the company, previous work experience and why I’d be a good fit for the role. Was accepted onto the next stage which was a Microsoft teams interview. First part was a sort of ‘tour’ and description of what we’d be doing, and then a role play exercise which was relevant and straightforward. Pretending to sell a phone contract to a customer. Next there was a strength-based interview which I enjoyed. Got a call the next day saying I’d been successful.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be a good fit for the role?
1 person found this interview helpful

Skipton Building Society

Application

I interviewed at Skipton Building Society

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by a role play and face to face interview. Telephone interview covered CV, work experience and knowledge of the company. Roleplay was relevant to the job and face to face interview was strength-based rather than competency-based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Skipton Building Society

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society in Aug 2019

Interview

phone interview. Very basic process. simple questions such as, why do you want to work here, please tell me about yourself. Preceded by a simple description of the role.

Interview Questions
  • why are you interested in the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skipton, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Skipton, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

Telephone interview. Asked basic questions about the company and the role. Asked for a 5 year employment history. Woman seemed professional and friendly. However when it came to talking about 2 years unemployed due to ill health, that’s when her demeanour changed. They don’t employ disabled people so don’t apply if you are.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (London, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Firstly it involves doing verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning test online. Received results back after 2 weeks. Then got a face to face interview. This was competency based interview, lasted roughly 45 mins. After another 2 weeks received my outcome of my interview. A week later received my offer letter and contract. It was a very streamlined interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Penrith, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Penrith, England, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Very good process. Skipton were quick to respond to application and each stage. Kept me updated. Phone interview followed by face to face interview . Happy with 1 month notice I had to give

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your previous job

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Preston, North West England, England, England) in May 2018

Interview

Referred via existing employee and had previous experience within banking. Head office rang me directly to arrange interview. Spoke to regional manager who asked a few questions then booked face to face interview in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Bolton, England, England) in Apr 2018

Interview

The interview process was a series of online tests, then a telephone interview, then another online personality test and then an interview in branch lasting about an hour. The tests consisted of Maths and English questions and were timed. I was then asked a series of personality questions in a telephone interview lasting about half and hour. If you pass this you are then sent a link to perform another online personality quiz before an interview with the branch manager.

Interview Questions
  • Specific details of evidence of delivering good customer service. How would I cope with contributing to branch targets.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skipton, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Skipton, England, England)

Interview

Filled out an application, had a maths and English online test, then had a phone test, then had a full interview day with 7 other people including a group task and more maths tests. Was annoyed as I'd been put in for a role I didn't apply for which included heavy maths application, I applied for the creative role. Traveled very far and spend a lot of money, other candidates were also frustrated as they had to do tests for a role they didn't want. Staff were lovely.

Interview Questions
  • Q. What did you like about the website?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews