Skipton Building Society Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Skipton Building Society

Skipton Building Society

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society

Interview

Typical 2 stage interview based on scenarios and competency questions. The second stage interview involved preparing a 'solution' to a problem that was set by the interviewing team. The problem itself appeared to be a direct extract from their overall selling strategy so drawing attention to how any proposed solution would be impacted by culture, internal power plays and capabilities gap was not positively received.

Interview Questions
  • What's the important important skill you will bring to this role?
    Answer Question

Skipton Building Society

Application

I interviewed at Skipton Building Society

Interview

They asked many questions related to be a financial advisor, where was not appropriate to the applied job. The questions were out of expectations for the job applied. Very unpleasant interview session.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

The latest conversations about Finance

JPMorgan Chase

88 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Manchester City Centre, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

Telephone interview general chat . Asked about my most recent jobs in past 6 years. How I heard about the job . What I knew about the company . What hours did I want to work .

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time I had to adapt the way I worked
  • Describe a time when you were a good team player .

Anonymous Employee in Skipton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Skipton, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

First had a telephone interview which lasted about 15 minutes, just going through what I knew about the company, previous work experience and why I’d be a good fit for the role. Was accepted onto the next stage which was a Microsoft teams interview. First part was a sort of ‘tour’ and description of what we’d be doing, and then a role play exercise which was relevant and straightforward. Pretending to sell a phone contract to a customer. Next there was a strength-based interview which I enjoyed. Got a call the next day saying I’d been successful.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you be a good fit for the role?
1 person found this interview helpful

Skipton Building Society

Application

I interviewed at Skipton Building Society

Interview

Telephone interview, followed by a role play and face to face interview. Telephone interview covered CV, work experience and knowledge of the company. Roleplay was relevant to the job and face to face interview was strength-based rather than competency-based.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Leeds, England) in Nov 2019

Interview

A tick box exercise, with no feedback provided after receipt of a generic rejection email, despite a polite request. Unacceptable from an interviewer at Director level. If someone invests their time and effort in researching and attending an interview, please spend five minutes of your time explaining why they were rejected.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were fairly generic, no attempt to get into any real detail.

Skipton Building Society

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society in Aug 2019

Interview

phone interview. Very basic process. simple questions such as, why do you want to work here, please tell me about yourself. Preceded by a simple description of the role.

Interview Questions
  • why are you interested in the role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Skipton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Skipton, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

Telephone interview. Asked basic questions about the company and the role. Asked for a 5 year employment history. Woman seemed professional and friendly. However when it came to talking about 2 years unemployed due to ill health, that’s when her demeanour changed. They don’t employ disabled people so don’t apply if you are.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (London, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Firstly it involves doing verbal reasoning and numerical reasoning test online. Received results back after 2 weeks. Then got a face to face interview. This was competency based interview, lasted roughly 45 mins. After another 2 weeks received my outcome of my interview. A week later received my offer letter and contract. It was a very streamlined interview process from start to finish.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Penrith, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Skipton Building Society (Penrith, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Very good process. Skipton were quick to respond to application and each stage. Kept me updated. Phone interview followed by face to face interview . Happy with 1 month notice I had to give

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your previous job
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews