Softcat Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Softcat Interview Questions

Interviews at Softcat

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (London, KY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Honestly just be able to make them laugh. Its probably hands down the most easiest interview i've ever gone to. But yeah, Defo do some research. Talk about P.kelly it always gets them excited and the things hes done good for the company, this is important as he was the founder.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about softcat(abcd questions)   1 Answer

11 Sep 2018 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review on the interview process. Though we are looking for candidates that align with our culture and having a good sense of humor is always nice, it's not the only thing we look out for in the assessment and interview process. We do look for candidates to align with our core values of being Fun, Passionate, Responsible and Intelligent, and will be assessing candidates against these, alongside how they demonstrate the right behaviours and competencies to be successful in the role. The Sales position doesn't necessarily require previous experience, so ensuring you can showcase how you'd approach the role and have the right attitude is key!

Rachel Cowell - Recruitment Manager

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat.

Interview

I applied online and was offered a online interview. This was a pre-recorded interview so you're just recording yourself. There were about 4 questions asked. Quite easy in my opinion.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

5 May 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your review, we wish you the best in your future job hunt.

Sales Apprentice Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat.

Interview

3 types of interview. One call with HR, then a web call (video call) and final call with an apprentice manager to see how to gain relationship over the phone.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Apr 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience, we're excited for you to join us :)

Graduate Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Booked straight onto assessmen centre from recruiter. Only thing had to do before was a personality triat test. Assessment centre had a presentation, quick fire sales game/task, fact finder.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Apr 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review and wish you success in the future

Graduate Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Bristol, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Was approached on LinkedIn. Complete some simple/easy personality tests online then invited to an AC. AC consisted of a quiz on top-level company information, a features/benefits task, a gatekeeper task, a presentation and an elevator pitch. Was not offered role due to insufficient questions asked in the gatekeeping task and the assessor didn't understand my sales motivation. You only have 2 minutes to pitch to them at the end which is not a long time (though I could have used it better), and my particular assessor was more interested in what was going on through the glass door behind me than what I was saying. Not something I would have applied for off my own back so its for the best I wasn't successful.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

2 Mar 2020 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for your review, and for your break down of the process and your experience.

We do thank you for taking the time to go through the process and attend the assessment day.

We do want to make sure that you're motivation for Sales is clear as it can be quite a tough job in the early days as you'll be doing lots of business development which can be made alot tougher if you aren't driven to sell.

We wish you well for the future

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England).

Interview

The assessment day requires you to remember facts about softcat, group activities and an interview. Try and learn lots of facts for a small test they have and show that you understand the role they are being for. Just be calm and clear.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

6 Dec 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your recruitment experience with us, we're really glad that you were successful with us, all the best for a promising career at Softcat.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (London, England) in November 2019.

Interview

Basic Behavioural Test: asking for words that best described you, followed by a well organised video interview that was focused on the company as a whole and then personal questions about sales experience, now onto an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Softcat Response

29 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for taking the time to review

Consultant, Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Softcat in October 2019.

Interview

I recently applied for AWS Technical Consultant role which was available at Softcat. I was contacted by a recruiter from Softcat , the recruiter was planning me in for a Telephone Interview however she did not respond back to any of my emails for an interview slot. I then contacted the HR department and no one has come back to me regarding my application. Very unprofessional.

29 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Manager

We thank you for your review, but we're really disappointed to hear the above. It's very very unlike our team to respond in an efficient manner and therefore I would like to understand more if you'd be open to discussing the feedback directly. I just want to ensure our processes are effective and that our candidates are getting the best experience possible when applying to us. My email address is rachelco@softcat.com if you'd like to get in touch and we can discuss the details.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Softcat (Manchester, England) in October 2019.

Interview

The most professional interview process I have been through, very thorough but also balanced and fair. Also the HR team were very responsive, quick to feedback and all documentation was done electronically which made things super fast and easy. Very friendly and easy to deal with, happy to answer questions and were very keen to understand if I felt it was the right fit for me. Couldn't rate them high enough.

Interview Questions

• How do you go about gaining the respect and cooperation of people on your project team. What was the most difficult challenge you've faced on a project and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

29 Nov 2019 – Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience, we're really excited to have you join the Softcat family, and we're really glad that the Recruitment team were able to manage your process with speed and effectiveness, as that is always our aim, to ensure a positive candidate experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Softcat (Glasgow, Scotland) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online and got an email the next day inviting me to do a video interview. In this interview you had a chance to practice and then got a few questions you had to answer on video then 3 written responses to questions that appeared on screen. The following day I received a phone call inviting
     me to next stage which was assessment day in Glasgow office. Here you met with recruiter who was very lovely and welcoming and got to learn about day to day role, what they do, what they’re looking for. After you had this tour and talk you had to do group exercise with other interviewee’s and prepare for cold call. Once that task was completed we did speed interviewing with 3 team leaders which I thought was a fun exercise, and finally do a presentation in front of 3 team leaders and recruiter about why you for the role. I received a call that day telling me they would like to invite me back in myself this time to do interview. I travelled back into Glasgow and did an interview with 3 different team leaders and thought it went well (also gave feedback that confirmed this). I got a phone call later on in day from same recruiter advising I was successful and had to do another interview by telephone with a team leader. I was due the telephone interview on Friday afternoon and prepared. I waited an hour and had to phone call or email to advise me what was happening. I then emailed to ask if it was going to be rescheduled a few hours after and was given a new day for Tuesday the following week. I was happy with this as had already put a lot of time in for interview and preparation by the time Tuesday came I got my phone call with a team leader. I had prepared my questions based on the 3 interviews I had did previous, glass door reviews and looking at soft cars person specification. The team leader advised me it will be casual conversation which was fine I had friendly casual chat , was asked my favourite restaurant and also if I go out drinking/clubbing and if so where I go to. I thought call went okay not my usual interview but didn’t think much as already had 3 great interviews and was asked when I could start on call with recruiter few days before telephone interview. After interview I never had phone call all day which I thought was inconsistent as for past interviews in process I had quick feedback and response. I decided to call up recruiter to ask for feedback and was to be told I was unsuccessful and that the team leader thought I wasn’t the sales driven. In that respect if I had been asked more about sales, examples of hitting targets & KPIs, why sales, what motivates me to sell etc I’m sure he definitely would of thought different but when I’m too busy answering casual questions about restaurants or nightclubs. I get building rapport is part of role and something I really find engaging in a role but felt a bit deflated after hearing I wasn’t successful due to one persons feedback that reflected the questions and conversation he chose. So that was my complete interview process.

Interview Questions

• ASKED VARIOUS DIFFERENT QUESTIONS THROUGHOUT PROCESS , first 3 were asked in all bar telephone interview

Why sales.
      Why softcat
      Why technology
      Name 3 things about
      Sell me this pen.
      What’s your favourite restaurant
      Where do you like to go for a drink
      Can you work hard play hard   Answer Question

24 Sep 2019 – Recruitment Manager

We appreciate you spending the time to review your experience with us. We're really sorry to hear that the end to your experience wasn't what you had hoped for. We are reviewing this internally to ensure the process is improved and these comments are taken on board. If you would like to speak to use directly to discuss this more please do get in touch on rachelco@softcat.com.

Thanks and good luck with your job search

Recruitment Manager

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.