Softcat Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Softcat Reviews

Found 105 reviews

4.4
Graeme Watt
Pros
  • "Friendly working environment and staff get treated very well(in 20 reviews)

• "No one got anywhere in life without putting in hard work at the start(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Average basic salary, but the un-capped commission makes up for this(in 11 reviews)

• "Hard work required in the first few months to get off the ground(in 10 reviews)

1. "Work Hard, Play Hard"

Current Employee - Learning and Development in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

Softcat is a fun company to work for, they offer plenty of incentives to those who works in Sales roles and the atmosphere is always a friendly one.

Cons

The Company is, at the end of the day, a business in Sales. Therefore almost everything (incentives, trips, focus days, lunches out) are put on for the Sales Teams.

Advice to Management

It'd be good to show the Non-Sales teams how appreciated they are more often, perhaps with lunches and incentives of our won.

2. "Excellent company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

6 months ago I was diagnosed with cancer, something I would not wish to happen to anyone. I was worried about how this would affect me being able to work and what work would say. From the minute I told my manager, Softcat were brilliant. They have been very supportive, offered helpful advice and my team, including my manager have been in regular touch to keep a track on my treatment. I can't thank them enough and think...

Cons

Parking can be difficult at times

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your staff, you have a great team.

March 8, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your story, and we're so happy to see the support your receiving from the business. We wish you well and hope everything is ok.

3. "Great start to a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Softcat full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

-Exposure to a large amount of different technologies and vendors -Amazing working environment and colleges -

Cons

- Can be tough to get started - building an account base, but, once you have broken through things really do pay off.

February 19, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review, we're really appreciative of you taking the time to share this. We do partner with a number of well known vendors and do really pride ourselves on keeping the culture fun and rewarding. The role of Account Exec can take some time to get started as you are building ...

4. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Earning Potential - Culture - Incentives - People

Cons

- Tough at the beginning but you get out what you put in!

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we really appreciate it

5. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great company culture -Great Job - Understanding Management - The fun you have in the office - Huge Company - Loads of opportunity

Cons

- Can we long hours -Takes a few months to get into

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for writing your review, we're really glad you enjoy it here and see the opportunities it can give you

6. "Amazing place to work"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Fun office culture Lots of opportunity for progression High earning potential Lots of support/training

Cons

Long hours - you get out what you put in!

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for giving a review on Glassdoor, we appreciate your view and we're really proud of our company and ensuring that though we're growing, we're still ensuring it's a fun place to be and you get the support to do even better!

7. "Great work environment and opportunities to progress"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Marlow, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- The best office environment I've ever worked in - You are in complete control of your earnings - Very social role with lots of internal and external work events - Surrounded by similar people which is great for making friends - Fast growing company and industry - Don't need any knowledge of technology to secure a role (I didn't) - A clear progression path which gives you something to aim for

Cons

- Hard work required in the first few months to get off the ground - Can be stressful at times when things don't go your way due to targets - No opportunities for flexible working

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience here. We do offer close support through our mentoring and learning and development team to ensure that you have the best chance of succeeding in your role. We are always keen to address things that could be improved and are currently looking at ...

"Tough role, but good prospects"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Manchester, England

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You'll learn a lot about your sales, business development and the will to win! Never been exposed to commercial B2B sales, but jumped right in. I've been here for about a year and although it’s a tough job, it’s an unbelievable company to work and the rewards you get from the work you put in are worth it to say the least!

Cons

No other way to put it, but it can be tough, long hours, challenging targets and competitive colleagues.

Advice to Management

Listen more and lead by example.

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks so much for sharing your review with us, and we're so glad to hear that you've enjoyed your time here so far, that's what working is all about! The nature of sales can be competitive but we pride ourselves on working with eachother and being competitive externally rather than ...

9. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Good working culture within the office - Supportive colleagues - Good career opportunities - Good opportunity to earn money

Cons

- Facilities (this is being sorted though)

February 19, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're really excited to be moving in to our new offices soon so the facilities side will be improved and a fantastic space for everyone. We really believe that a good working culture is what makes the job so much more enjoyable!

10. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Softcat full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Softcat provide you with a great platform to learn from. The team in London is great. On going training.

Cons

Long hours A sometimes stressful industry

February 14, 2019Recruitment Manager

Thanks for your review and really glad you're taking advantage of our training, we definitely have lots of opportunities to learn and grow.

Found 105 reviews