State Street Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

State Street Interview Questions

Interviews at State Street

1,367 Interview Reviews

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

One round Phone interview, with 3 staff, asked multiple questions such as Python, Matlab, SQL, Data analysis, time series models , how to join to charts etc. About less an hour phone talk.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and received a call from the recruiter. Interview with the hiring team was scheduled one week after the initial call with the recruiter. The hiring team consisted of 3 individuals. It was extremely unorganized. The interview was rushed, interviewers were very disorganized and did not give opportunity to ask questions. Very disappointed

Interview Questions

• Nothing pertinent to report because they were very disorganized and there wasn't any synchrony between them.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Three rounds at the London office. Fast moving process. Was kept in the loop throughout the process. First interview with HR, next with hiring manager and then one with hiring manager’s boss.

Interview Questions

• Example of a challenging situation and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Interview

Great and detailed process, flexible scheduling, it was easy to work with HR, and a well-structured set of meetings, transparent throughout the entire process. They provided a clear understanding of the team and the company and what the expectations are.

Interview Questions

• Heavily quantitative and as well discussed the soft and organization skills, leadership, and conflict resolution skills.   Answer Question

Mutual Funds Security Valuation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Kansas City, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

I applied for the position online through Workday. I didn't hear back from the recruiter until 2 months went by. To be honest, I thought I might have been disqualified. Nevertheless, I had a phone screen followed by a short interview which only lasted 30 minutes. The interview was incredibly easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time you were challenged and how you overcame adversity?   Answer Question

ETF Model Portfolio Strategist, Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at State Street (Scottsdale, AZ (US)) in May 2020.

Interview

Typical phone interview. Tell me about yourself. Why State Street? Why this position? Then reviewed the interview process and salary.

The salary for this position is extremely below market price. They are targeting around 60,000 for 10 years experience, CFA, CAIA. In addition, the next step after the phone interview is to prepare a 1 hour presentation with slide deck.

I passed after on the opportunity after hearing the salary and requirements to move onto round 3. It is unreasonable to expect a 1 hour presentation with slide deck that would take at a minimum of 2 hours to build (assuming 3 minutes per slide, which assumes all of the materials are already prepared to put into the powerpoint presentation).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself? Why do you want to work at State Street? What interested you about the role?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street.

Interview

First round was a 30 minute phone interview. Basic behavioral questions after brief intro of the interviewer and the candidate. At the end the interview would ask about the candidate's technical skills.

Corporate Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at State Street in March 2020.

Interview

Had one phone screen and interview ... took a while to get back from the phone screen but quick turn around from interview. There was an excel assignment required after but it seemed to be a formality. Really great interviewers!

Fund Accountant, Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at State Street (Sacramento, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Interview process was basic with an introductory phone interview that was not technical in nature and focused on company knowledge and background. There was a second phone interview where I discussed salary requirements and goals.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about State Street?   1 Answer
    • They asked my background and why I was interested in working at State Street   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at State Street (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Two WebEx Round (May Vary for different roles) with technical questions as well as behavioral questions from the whole team, It can be different for SDE/Analyst or any finance related roles.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.