Sue Ryder Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Sue Ryder

2.5

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Annes on the Sea, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Saint Annes on the Sea, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Regional Manager and her Deputy about my previous work experience in the retail industry. As I'd previously worked for other charity organisations, I knew what was expected in this type of job.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote the shop?   1 Answer

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterlooville, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Waterlooville, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Formal interview asking questions about situations and how I would respond to them, and examples were requested.
    Scenarios were also give and was expected to respond in a reasonable and fashionable way.
    Was expected to show them that I was a suitable candidate for the role with the experience and knowledge that I had.

Interview Questions

• If you had an angry customer come into the shop what would you do or say?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torquay, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Torquay, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through an agency.
    Had formal interview above a store with regional manager and an area manager.
    General questions but not given time to give answers very rushed.
    Not made to feel comfortable straight into questioning.
    Extremely in personal very frosty regional manager.
    Got through to second stage assessment centre.
    Down to 3 canidates made to feel they had already made their minds up.
    Unfair negative attitude from regional manager.
    Happy I didn't get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• None, Assessment centre tasks were team based (although who shouted loudest seemed to have got the job) written task about analysing figures and reports, role play task with area manager about a manager who wasn't rotating her stock and merchandising regularly.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

very unorganized, kept waiting on 1st interview, questions were scripted and set in stone and interviewers wouldn't deviate from their script. Vague answers to job responsibilities and felt even they didn't want to be in their role - slightly unprofessional -2nd interview was rushed with lots of activities to get through, some times were cut short and tasks seemed unrelated to role advertised.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruislip, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Ruislip, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Really thorough, detailed questions and friendly interviewers. Felt very happy with the experience as I was given clear details of what the job would entail and what would be expected of myself.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this job role?   1 Answer

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in July 2018.

Interview

The interview was on different steps of process, where in each moment I feel comfortable and the people of Sue Ryder in each moment was very nice on the process. I feel some times I could no understand what they were asking but they have a lot o patience with me and help me to understand and feel security of myself in each moment. I have my interview with the recruitment manager, area manager and other manager, all of then very polite and professional.

Interview Questions

• They ask you like in all job interviews about yourself, and they want you explain experience refereed to the position of the job with exact examples on the last job. They ask about hypothetical situation and how you solved it.   1 Answer

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

2 step interview,
    was recommended by a friend,
    a quite simple process, where they want to know your shop experience and your commitment to charity.

Interview Questions

• what charity contributions do you make
      what does sue ryder care do   Answer Question

Office Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, South East England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Portsmouth, South East England, England) in May 2018.

Interview

The interview went very well and the people were lovely. It was like chatting to new friends. I was made to feel very welcome and left there feeling good about myself.

Volunteer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder.

Interview

very brief but staff were very friendly and made me feel at ease there was one lady asking me questions and this was done in an informal friendly manner didn't feel like an interview

Interview Questions

• was asked about my availability and also any past experience that I may have but I didn't have any and this wasn't a problem also was asked   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morecambe, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Morecambe, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Went for a wee hour interview and taster session. Stayed for 7hrs. I committed to 3 or 4 half days depending on the week. I was asked which of these I could do but said all. But I had the option to change this and to sort of drop-off and help when I liked.

Interview Questions

• Had I done any job similar previously.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.