Sue Ryder Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 25 May 2018

2.4

Database Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Very smooth process. I've been invited to the 1st interview within a few days from the closing date for the post, was interviewed the following week. My 2nd interview was a week later. The offer arrived 2 days after the last interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how your previous roles meet the criteria of this role;
      Data Protection
      Data quality checks   Answer Question

Fundraising Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two members of the Fundraising Opps team, from the beginning they made sure that I was comfortable and that the process was as informal as possible. They were very supportive and positive and it made the whole experience very enjoyable!

Counsellor At Thorpe Hall, Peterborough Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Peterborough, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I was made very welcome and felt at ease. I was interviewed by two very professional female colleagues (to be) who spent time asking me questions and were very interested in my answers. The whole process was very pleasant, energising and with an excellent outcome.

Interview Questions

• What do I have in place to ensure that I maintain a good work /life balance?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northallerton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Northallerton, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview process made me feel alot more relaxed than i was feeling as i was quite nervous. I felt i knew alot of the information needed as i had already volunteered for the charity for 14 months prior to applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Sue Ryder As a charity   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruislip, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Ruislip, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Really thorough, detailed questions and friendly interviewers. Felt very happy with the experience as I was given clear details of what the job would entail and what would be expected of myself.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this job role?   1 Answer

Volunteer Support Administrator At Royal Brit Leg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England).

Interview

Interview NOT at SR, but AT Royal Brit Leg. Send in a CV and supporting statement. Questions were all competency based. NO questions on why I wanted to the join the RBL, nor interests and hobbies. There was a test beforehand which seemed were reasonable. Very little opportunity for an interviewee to show that they have read the Financial Statement beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a member of staff?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

very unorganized, kept waiting on 1st interview, questions were scripted and set in stone and interviewers wouldn't deviate from their script. Vague answers to job responsibilities and felt even they didn't want to be in their role - slightly unprofessional -2nd interview was rushed with lots of activities to get through, some times were cut short and tasks seemed unrelated to role advertised.

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Annes on the Sea, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Saint Annes on the Sea, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Regional Manager and her Deputy about my previous work experience in the retail industry. As I'd previously worked for other charity organisations, I knew what was expected in this type of job.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote the shop?   1 Answer

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morecambe, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Morecambe, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Went for a wee hour interview and taster session. Stayed for 7hrs. I committed to 3 or 4 half days depending on the week. I was asked which of these I could do but said all. But I had the option to change this and to sort of drop-off and help when I liked.

Interview Questions

• Had I done any job similar previously.   1 Answer

Retail Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Preston, North West England, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Sat in the store on one of the couches that were for sale, for a really informal 'interview' it was more of a discussion into why i wanted to volunteer and what i was doing at the moment. The manager was lovely and every friendly, she went through things that would be involved in the job such as duties, i was asked when i was available, and asked about any convictions etc, i filled out a form there and then and agreed to a date and time when i would start.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sue Ryder and why do you want to volunteer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good, as a volunteer they work around which hours are best for you.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.