Sue Ryder Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 22 Jul 2018

2.5

Assistant Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Annes on the Sea, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Saint Annes on the Sea, England) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the Regional Manager and her Deputy about my previous work experience in the retail industry. As I'd previously worked for other charity organisations, I knew what was expected in this type of job.

Interview Questions

• How would you promote the shop?   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torquay, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Torquay, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied through an agency.
    Had formal interview above a store with regional manager and an area manager.
    General questions but not given time to give answers very rushed.
    Not made to feel comfortable straight into questioning.
    Extremely in personal very frosty regional manager.
    Got through to second stage assessment centre.
    Down to 3 canidates made to feel they had already made their minds up.
    Unfair negative attitude from regional manager.
    Happy I didn't get the job!!!

Interview Questions

• None, Assessment centre tasks were team based (although who shouted loudest seemed to have got the job) written task about analysing figures and reports, role play task with area manager about a manager who wasn't rotating her stock and merchandising regularly.   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in January 2016.

Interview

very unorganized, kept waiting on 1st interview, questions were scripted and set in stone and interviewers wouldn't deviate from their script. Vague answers to job responsibilities and felt even they didn't want to be in their role - slightly unprofessional -2nd interview was rushed with lots of activities to get through, some times were cut short and tasks seemed unrelated to role advertised.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ruislip, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Ruislip, England) in February 2017.

Interview

Really thorough, detailed questions and friendly interviewers. Felt very happy with the experience as I was given clear details of what the job would entail and what would be expected of myself.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this job role?   1 Answer

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in January 2011.

Interview

2 step interview,
    was recommended by a friend,
    a quite simple process, where they want to know your shop experience and your commitment to charity.

Interview Questions

• what charity contributions do you make
      what does sue ryder care do   Answer Question

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morecambe, England

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Morecambe, England) in July 2015.

Interview

Went for a wee hour interview and taster session. Stayed for 7hrs. I committed to 3 or 4 half days depending on the week. I was asked which of these I could do but said all. But I had the option to change this and to sort of drop-off and help when I liked.

Interview Questions

• Had I done any job similar previously.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northallerton, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Northallerton, England) in April 2017.

Interview

The Interview process made me feel alot more relaxed than i was feeling as i was quite nervous. I felt i knew alot of the information needed as i had already volunteered for the charity for 14 months prior to applying for the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you know about Sue Ryder As a charity   1 Answer

Retail Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Preston, North West England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (Preston, North West England, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Sat in the store on one of the couches that were for sale, for a really informal 'interview' it was more of a discussion into why i wanted to volunteer and what i was doing at the moment. The manager was lovely and every friendly, she went through things that would be involved in the job such as duties, i was asked when i was available, and asked about any convictions etc, i filled out a form there and then and agreed to a date and time when i would start.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Sue Ryder and why do you want to volunteer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was good, as a volunteer they work around which hours are best for you.

Volunteer Support Administrator At Royal Brit Leg Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England).

Interview

Interview NOT at SR, but AT Royal Brit Leg. Send in a CV and supporting statement. Questions were all competency based. NO questions on why I wanted to the join the RBL, nor interests and hobbies. There was a test beforehand which seemed were reasonable. Very little opportunity for an interviewee to show that they have read the Financial Statement beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a member of staff?   Answer Question

Fundraising Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sue Ryder (London, England) in March 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed by two members of the Fundraising Opps team, from the beginning they made sure that I was comfortable and that the process was as informal as possible. They were very supportive and positive and it made the whole experience very enjoyable!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.