Supermassive Games Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 3 interviews

3.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Supermassive Games

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Supermassive Games (Guildford, England, England) in Mar 2021

Interview

An informal interview with three persons of the team, asked some questions about me and my past projects and work positions. They were really nice and make me feel valued.

Interview Questions
  • Favourite videogames and why, and if I liked horror.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Supermassive Games (Guildford, England, England)

Interview

I took part in a 3 hour interview for the position of Game Designer (Cinematic), through this interview I talked to 6 different people, ranging from designers and programmers to some of the higher ups in different stages. The first 2 interviewers were very professional and welcoming, very interested in my skills and experiences, with a good range of questions both for the job opportunity, and from my previous examples, they had clearly read through my application thoroughly before hand and showed an interest of me being there. This was the same for the last 2 interviewers as well, they too gave a really great impression of working at Supermassive Games. Unfortunately this whole process was marred by the 2 interviewers in-between, these were designers who had been pulled in to conduct this part of my interview, and behaved in a very unprofessional manor, both seemed extremely disinterested to be there, were uninterested in any of the aspects of my application and completely unengaged from the interview. Both were slumped over the desk with their heads in their hands or slouching back. From someone who has conducted interviews before this was almost shocking to see and came across as extremely unprofessional, a stark contrast to the two beforehand.

Interview Questions
  • Apart from character and setting, what is the other main element of storytelling?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guildford, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Supermassive Games (Guildford, England, England) in Dec 2020

Interview

Applied through glassdoor / supermassives website. Got an email confirming an interview through zoom meeting 1-2 weeks after. They did not turn up to the interview 30m+ after the scheduled time, then closed the meeting as the recruiter set up another meeting (According to the zoom notification). This is COMPLETELY UNPROFESSIONAL as I even sent an email shortly after the meeting started, and proceeded to sit in the call for another 30m before it closed.

Interview Questions
  • Not applicable as they did not turn up to the interview 30m+ after the scheduled time, then closed the meeting as the recruiter set up another meeting (According to the zoom notification)
1 person found this interview helpful