Symless Interview Questions

Updated 11 Mar 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Symless

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Symless

Found 19 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symless (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

the interview consisted of 5 separate interviews. The first one was with the internal recruiter, the second one with the hiring manager, the third one with the VP of technology, the fourth with HR, and the last one with the CEO. They were all very good at making me feel as comfortable as possible throughout the process and were very clear in what the next steps were going to be. The overall experience was very good and I am incredibly happy I got the job!

Interview Questions
  • What did you take away from your previous jobs?
    Answer Question
  • They have a few leadership principles on their website, they will ask you to use these in any previous experiences you had working.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symless (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

I appreciated that the full process was explained to me in the first meeting. This helped me to get a clear idea of the path ahead and the timeline. I also very much liked that interviews took place at a rapid pace (around once per week) and that I was kept informed of the progress all along in a timely manner. This is really a big plus compared to other interviews I did in the past, I took that as a proof of professionalism. I also appreciated the flexibility of the interviewers to find convenient time for scheduling the interviews, given that I had limited free time. I really had a good feeling about the people with whom I interacted during the process, it gave a very positive image of the company. If I could add a recommendation: maybe I would have expected one more technical test, to assert more in depth my skills. About the principles, at first, I was surprised they came up so often. Now, retrospectively, given that most of the team works remotely, I see how it makes sense to pay a special attention to the soft skills and behavior of the potential people who join (please forgive me if this was explained during the process, I may have missed/forgotten it.). I think the principles are sensible and a good tool for the recruitment process, it helped me to prepare concrete examples of achievements to make the discussions more productive. Overall, it was a very positive experience. I would definitively recommend Symless.

Interview Questions
  • Give some examples of achievements with respect to Symless' principles.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Symless (London, England, England) in Nov 2020

Interview

I honestly wish all interviews were like this - some of those experiences I've had were utterly terrible. I could write a book. Symless has been one the BEST interview experiences I've had so far. A rare gem. Interview Process was the following: Sent a number of filtering questions. If you are successful they will ask you to do a technical test where you have to send video of yourself doing a technical test on video to be evaluated. I didn't get through to the next'in-person' round not because I didn't answer the question. My execution of the code was right but there just people who were better than me. - I can't be mad at that! Also, the response from HR was prompt, pleasant and very professional and gave me great feedback that was actually useful. Even though, I was wasn't successful, If the opportunity arose I would happily reapply with this company again. I was very impressed with them.

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between, Smoke, Sanity, Regression testing?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symless (Washington, DC) in Oct 2020

Interview

I had the opportunity for an online interview with Nicola. It was more of a conversation than an interview. I really appreciated this style. I was able to talk about my skill set and learn more about the Symless. I learned that due to our time difference and part time hour expectations for that role, that I was not a great fit. But that is okay! We were able to talk like adults and amicably decided that it probably wouldn't work. Needless to say, I did get a email stating the obvious but I really appreciated that, since most companies nowadays don't even have the decency to follow up. Thank you Nicola. It was a pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions
  • Please provide an overview of your digital design portfolio. When answering the next question about your portfolio, please consider: What best practices do you follow in creating digital designs? What would your approach be to developing digital art for email?
Symless
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symless

Interview

I applied on Linkedin for this position after which I completed a questionnaire and work sample. I then had the opportunity to meet with various stakeholders throughout the interview process who all did a great job of further explaining the role and it's objectives whilst also creating an interview environment that was open, fair, and appropriately challenging. I was encouraged to prepare and discuss my experience using examples of projects I had worked on previously which I found to be relevant and made for a more engaging interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Using one of our Leadership Principles, describe how you have demonstrated this approach in a previous project or position.
Symless
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Symless in Nov 2019

Interview

During my interview, I was asked questions about the company's Leadership Principles and my responses were aligned with the responsibilities for the role. In addition, we discussed a book about management as my role is a line manager. I had a few interviews with more time at the end closer to the end of the process. The company communicated throughout the process.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time that you exhibited the Leadership Principle (as noted on the company's website).
Symless
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Symless in Nov 2018

Interview

The first was a relocation survey to determine how interested you were in relocating. It is pretty difficult for me to relocate relocate right now so this hindered my progression through the interview process. I was able to exchange questions with a representative anfter the survey but ultimately they are looking for employees willing to relocate.

Symless
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Symless

Interview

Sending off a CV was followed by booking a phone interview slot. A phone interview was then conducted for about 15 minutes. Throughout the entire process I felt cared about as an applicant. I was informed of decisions or further progress very quickly and all communication was very personal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Pol-de-Léon
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Symless (Saint-Pol-de-Léon) in May 2018

Interview

I called the company by Skype, 2-3 min before the interview then we started by the presentation of symless and me. We continueby some questions in C++ field, disponibility and other.

Symless
Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Symless in Apr 2018

Interview

Had a 15 minute phone call and had to answer questions with one sentence. Received an email a few days later from CEO to advise unsuccessful and will not be invited to second interview. I appreciated being contacted quickly to let me know.

Interview Questions
  • When where you last economical within your role which saved the company money
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews