TMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at TMG

2.6

Head of QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trafford Park, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Trafford Park, England) in January 2020.

Interview

Don’t waste your time, this is a scam they created to get answers from you. They don’t want to hire anyone for this role!

They first called me and asked me the obvious tell me about your current role and the responsibilities.

Then it was a face to face that included a disorganised start from their side! They started complaining about how the on-site staff messed it up. Looked like they don’t know what they want from the role and copy pasted roles and responsibilities of head of QA from the Internet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your current role   1 Answer

Team Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in October 2018.

Interview

I knew my face wouldn't fit...they already knew who they wanted. If you have a voice they don't like it ..you have to be a yes person or you won't get anywhere. The senior team have their favourites

Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Initially an interview with an agency prior to a face to face interview with one of the managers. He read my cv during the interview as he joked he’d not looked at it yet as he was so busy...

Interview Questions

• How old are you?   1 Answer
    • Take my through your cv as I’ve not had a chance to look at it in detail (he had obviously not looked at it at all)   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at TMG in October 2018.

Interview

Extremely long wasted time as in terms of meeting management for no apparent reason was there almost two hours!! They advise they want someone to progress if you want this job lie and say you don’t bevsuse it apparently shows your not interested in the role?!?. Complete & utter nonsense! I’ve been to numerous interviews so very much know how to respond I was told I was great for this position did answer questions appropriately

Interview Questions

• So how quick and what would you like to progress too?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England).

Interview

The interviews were actually good, although they kept messing up on a communication front. This should have been something of an omen for me. At the first one, I was sitting there for 30 minutes before anyone turned up. At the second one, the same happened again. They’re either just too insanely busy or the time, or they’ve got communication issues due to bad management. I think it’s a mixture of the two.

I was offered the job during the second interview, which didn’t help. I had a second one I was considering at the time, but went for TMG in case the second fell through. Bad mistake, it’s all I can say. My advice to other candidates – tell them you want to think about it before you decide. I don’t like being put on the spot like that.

Interview Questions

• The usual stuff. It was a fairly traditional interview and a few tests were set outside of the interviews for me to complete. They made it clear it was challenging, but training would be provided. Ultimately, no training was provided.   1 Answer

Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in May 2018.

Interview

Enjoyable as they really wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked about my job history & experience within the role. Asked why I thought I would fit in within the company and discussed the companies values

PPC Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in March 2018.

Interview

Went through CV. Didn't have the decency to give me a callback or even an email after the interview to let me know if I had progressed to the next stage or not. Left me hanging for weeks. When I emailed to find out about the progress with the application and whether it was a rejection or if they were going to put me through to the next stage the recruitment manager did not bother responding despite the fact she had immediately responded to all emails previously before I went in for an interview. Can obviously tell a lot about the company by the way they treat people once they don't want anything to do with you. Would not recommend wasting your time by applying or going in for an interview.

Review Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at TMG in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of a basic numeracy test calculating percentages, after it there was an exercise on conducting a review of an individuals income and expenditure. The last part was a face to face interview with management. In the last stage the lady who interviewed me did not seem interested at all and asked me few basic questions. I did not get a job offer and the only feedback I got was that I did not have any experience in such role, even though that was clear from my CV. Absolute waist of time.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Think Money Group? Why do you think this position is for you?   Answer Question

Review Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. It consisted of a basic numeracy test, an exercise on conducting a review of an individuals income and expenditure and a face to face interview with management.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would succeed in this role and why do you want to work for the Think Money Group?   Answer Question

Case Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TMG (Manchester, England) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through a referral and had a call from the internal recruiter- who was lovely. He spoke to the hiring manager and arranged an interview a couple of days away. As I know people who work for the company, I was aware that they are quite strict when it comes to dress code and thought the interview process would be very thorough so I prepared a lot and actually felt quite calm when I arrived.

The internal recruiter met me before hand, which I thought was really nice of him. When I went into the interview room with the person conducting the interview, he seemed very laid back- which is fine. However, he was a little too relaxed and also not interested in what I had to say. during the first answer I was giving, he interrupted me to offer me a biscuit- which I declined, he proceeded to eat one and asked questions with his mouth full. Pet peeve.

during the whole interview they interrupted me and just generally seemed disengaged from me- reading through my cv while I was talking etc.

We mainly talked about my home town and gigs and music I like, again this is fine but usually towards the end of an interview. He also asked me what my school report said about me (it was over 10 years ago I attended school) also asked me what mode of transport I used to get to my first ever job when I was 16- completely threw me and completely irrelevant.

I was really disappointed as I had cross reffed my cv against the job description and was exactly the same as my previous experience but I didn't get to show my knowledge or experience.

He did ask me what I wanted to do (Customer service in the mortgage industry) and why... that was the only job related question.

He then leant back in his chair and said what questions do I have for him, so I asked about the team structure, work load etc and laughed at one point that I was asking as many questions as him.

Really disappointing experience from a company priding itself in passion & professionalism.

Needless to say I did not get the job!

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.