Talbots Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Talbots Interview Questions

Interviews at Talbots

2.4

Assistant Retail Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Talbots in October 2015.

Interview

I arrived at the scheduled time, only to find Manager who set up the appointment was off!!?? She had forgotten the interview. Asked assistant to talk with me. Friendly woman not prepared to be thrown into situation, but went ahead with interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots in January 2017.

Interview

The GSM contacted me via email for an in person interview. She was so nice and made me feel comfortable. The interview lasted for an hour. I was scheduled for a second interview with another GSM at a different location a few days later. The second interview was a phone interview which lasted a little over an hour. 2 days later I received a email from the first GSM that interviewed scheduling my third I'm interview with the DM. He then scheduled me for a in person into with the second GSM I had previously interviewed with, he thought I would be a better fit at her location and wanted me to get exposure to grown and move up in the company if I received an offer. I went in 3 days later for my fourth and final interview. It was a long 2 week process.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Talbots (Springfield, PA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview process took more than 2 hours with the Store Manager. She asked many questions about my current job now and why I wanted to leave my current job. She also had me design an outfit which she liked and told me I would be getting a second interview with the DM. Which I never did.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an employee who is not reach their sales goals.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Talbots (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Went to mall information desk for employment list of stores hiring. I know companies want an online application, but I still like to personally go to store and check it out, and try to get a face to face with the manager. Walked in store an asked if they were still hiring. The key holder was there and came out, and gave me an application which I took and filled out at the food court, and then returned to store. The manager was back from lunch, and spoke with me briefly, and said she would review and get back with me .I went home and filled our application online, manager called next day, and I had an interview that week- in person on site with manager. Got a second phone interview with DM, and then a day later a formal offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask what I expected, and then told me what they paid.They did come up a little.

Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talbots (Knoxville, TN (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

The manager made me feel very comfortable. Told me what about the company and how they pride their selves on customer relationships, and will go above and beyond to satisfy customers needs. Then after telling me about what I would be doing and how to build relationships she asked me situational questions?

Interview Questions

• If there was a customer who was really upset about something, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chadds Ford, PA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Talbots (Chadds Ford, PA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application in-store and scheduled an interview as soon as I handed it in. We scheduled the interview for 3 days later with the store manager. After the initial interview a second was scheduled with the district manager. Altogether the process took about a week and a half. Both interviews were somewhat casual and conversational, and very few stiff "interview" questions were asked. They were very friendly and, it seemed, looking for someone who was also friendly, warm, and personable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a store you visit that you think offers great customer service.   1 Answer

Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Talbots (Towson, MD (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I met with the temporary manager and District manager in the same meeting. They were warm and welcoming and completely professional. I enjoyed my interview very much. I had been interviewed at another Talbot's store in the area. I learned I could not work there because a family member already worked there; that was against company policy. So they arranged to have me try out for a job at the Towson store.

Interview Questions

• What brings you to Talbot's?   1 Answer

Visual Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Short Hills, NJ (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was asked what kind of things I did at my previous job to understand what experience I could bring to the table, then asked my availability and how much I wanted to make per hour. But nothing seemed to be upheld after I was actually hired.

Analyst Interview

Interview

First screening round was done via phone. Just the basic details and questions based on the past experience were asked. Interview duration was around 20 minutes. Overall interview process was good.

Interview Questions

• When presented with a new database, what steps do you generally take?   Answer Question

Art Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talbots (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by a Talbots in-house recruiter. It was a cold-contact on their part; I hadn't applied for any job. We had a conversation and she requested a resume and some additional materials to pass along to the hiring manager. Never heard from her again, and she ignored all attempts to follow up. So unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What were you making at your last job?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.