Talent Plus Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Talent Plus Interview Questions

Interviews at Talent Plus

3.3

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Talent Plus (Omaha, NE (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The initial conversation was with the Director of Talent and it went well. He asked me to take the formal interview, which happened one week later, and was a 3 hour phone conversation with many, many questions. Exhausting but, once complete, I sent the requisite follow up thank you email. I heard nothing for 7-weeks until, out of the blue, the Director of Talent called me to set up another interview with him and the two senior consultants I would be working for. We had that conversation one week later and it went very, very well. Only one of the three of them responded to my post-interview follow up email thanking me for my time and eagerly looking forward to next steps. It has been over 3-months since then with radio silence.

Listen, I know I'm not the right candidate for every job, that's a fact of life and that's OK. But your company is predicated on the idea that you help your clients find and retain talent. Yet, in your own talent acquisition process, you completely blow off candidates. I have to think that lack of internal professionalism bleeds over to your clients.

As someone who has been in the industry for some time I'll say this; practice what you preach and you'll do a lot better.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Talent Plus.

Interview

Very comprehensive process. Completed an online interview, spoke to the recruiter and then did two more structured phone interviews, the final one was very interesting and thought provoking - they asked questions I have never been asked before. Although longer than most, it was a thoughtful process. The recruiters I talked to were excellent. This is an assessment company working in HR so it's perfectly understandable why their process is longer than most companies.

Interview Questions

• Are you more interested in ideas, people or things?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talent Plus.

Interview

Long interview process. Multiple stages. Talked to a recruiter first, then completed an online assessment followed by a phone assessment, then an in person interview and another in person visit to meet the selection committee.

Interview Questions

• What is your ideal job? What do you look for in a job day to day?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE (US)).

Interview

Employees are subjected to several lengthy phone interviews and several in-person interviews. These phone interviews are basically the generic off-brand of the Clifton Strengthsfinder. These questions are incredibly easy to answer for anyone with even a basic knowledge of survey and questionnaire design.

Next, the candidate will have to attend several in person interviews. These interviews are easy if you know what to say. I should mention that there is very little consistency in the hiring and interview process after the in-person interviews. For example, one candidate may have to write a short essay, one candidate may have to provide a practical demonstration of skills, and another candidate may have to do neither of those things despite being less qualified than the other two candidates.

HR is wildly disorganized, so you're basically going to have to keep on him/her to schedule things. The entire process can take months.

Tips for getting a job at Talent Plus (Just based on my experience)

1. Flatter everything. Talent Plus, for some reason, thinks that it is the Google of the Midwest. If you affirm that belief your probability of getting a job increases.

2. Learn the lingo. Throw in phrases like "everyone has talent," "setting our clients up for success," and "No, it's totally normal to keep Civil War memorabilia in your corporate offices in 2018."

3. Make sure you say that you went to Global Talent Day on August 6th. Careful though-this could backfire, as basically nobody went to Global Talent Day.

4. Don't mention that you know any former Talent Plus employees. Talent Plus views former employees like cults probably view their former members.

Interview Questions

• I can't even remember. There's some great examples on this website of the questions they ask.   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE (US)).

Interview

A long process followed by radio silence.

They outsource the initial phone interview to a company I don't recall. That's fine I suppose, but be ready to get comfortable and answer a seemingly unending list of questions. There's no one category to the questions, as they range from things about your personality, hypothetical situations, and skill-related ones.

After 4-5 days, during which I was told I would hear back from their HR, I called an left a message with a secretary for one of the managers I had been in touch with. After another 4-5 days I called again and left a message. I heard nothing after that point.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to seeing another colleague stealing something?   2 Answers
    • How would you describe your approach to solving a problem?   1 Answer

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

There was a predetermined questions catalogue, where the interviewer could not say anything other than the question written down in front of them. Questions were fine, overall it felt like talking to a robot.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer

Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Talent Plus.

Interview

First Interview was a 30 min. interview with HR recruiter. They asked organizational culture fit questions and basic personality questions. Second interview was 60 min. and asked much more in depth personality questions. Both interviews so far were phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• They asked on a scale from 1 to 10, several personality questions.   Answer Question

Research Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Talent Plus (New York, NY (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

structured interview, approx. 1 hour. lots of personality and integrity questions, but other types of questions too. the questions are intended to measure your talent or potential for success within the company.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Talent Plus (Lincoln, NE (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

Similar to other reviews on here. Long process with intermittent communication resulting in total ghosting. Unfortunately seems to be the way a lot of organizations are handling recruitment and selection. Should have read the warnings. The people I interviewed with were very nice, but the whole process was a definite turn off and perhaps an indication of what it's like to actually work there.

External Role Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Talent Plus in May 2016.

Interview

2 hour phone interview. 1-10 scale, broad, objective questions. You may not ask the interviewer any follow up questions. Interviewer reads from a script and asked a few questions I did not understand. Interviewer will ask the same question repeatedly throughout the interview, but may use different terms. Overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• Would you say you're more ambitious than other people?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.