Thames Water Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 84 of over 84 interviews

Recruiter6%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Thames Water

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

Formal and in person. This was however many years ago so anything could have changed. Set questions but ok to answer. If you show an interest in the company that is always a good thing.

Interview Questions
  • Set questions
    1 Answer

Thames Water

Application

I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

The was an initial Assessment test after the application. This was then followed by an online video recorded interview where you had 3 minutes to answer each question. Then there was an assessment centre.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thames Water

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

Originally amazing, ultimately abhorrent. After passing all stages and getting to the assessment centre I had an exceedingly positive opinion of The Thames Water Recruitment Team. The assessment centre proceeded as follow: *30 minute group exercise with 3 other candidates. After 15 minutes you are told further information and analysed to see how you react. *45 minute interview consisting of 8 competency based questions. I had this with the Head of Operations and Head of Civil Engineering. *30 minute presentation on a business case you were given two weeks before to prepare for. 15 minutes presenting, 15 minutes Q&A. However what followed grossly lacked integrity. First I did not hear back from Thames Water for two weeks, after being promised we would hear back within a week. After calling them they revealed I had not got the job, however said that they were so impressed that they wanted to offer me the subsequent job of Junior Process Engineer that I would have been placed into after the graduate program. They said I had a "next-level" performance in the process. After this I kept calling asking for more information where they proceeded to give me information little by little. After asking for feedback to see how I could improve they got the message. They called me up reaffirming their deep interest and said to wait further. The feedback they also gave signalled a company I would not like to work for, always positive and nothing negative, there is always something one can improve on! Furthermore if I was so great then why was nothing on the table, something didn't add up. Ultimately I withdrew my interest. It was such a disappointment as I left the assessment centre enthralled and excited at the opportunity of working with the employees had just met. They were overwhelmingly nice and interesting people, who truly showed an interest in me as I did them.

Interview Questions
  • Why is it so important to have listening skills?

Thames Water

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

Competency questions around previous experience followed by case study based interview where I had to present based on the case study . The timing provided for case study was only 20 minutes and the case study was unseen

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thames Water

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

brief written application with some longer questions, logical thinking test (aka 'here's a sequence of shapes, what one comes next?'), online interview (not live), assessment centre (group task, interview with some assessors and presentation). Given data to use in presentation in advance. Only a few days between submitting a stage and outcome/next step given.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Thames Water

Application

I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

Very fast. Whole process took about three weeks. Great HR department and interviews were 3 in number. My biggest issue was the rigidity around the questions or perhaps I just had an off day.

Interview Questions
  • Traditional structured questions that can be weird or tough to answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (London, England, England)

Interview

Brief SNL style assessment followed by a video interview which is pretty standard. Can practice the interview beforehand using the partner website but cannot stop during the actual interview and only get one chance to answer.

Interview Questions
  • How did you deal with an element of change? Why do you want to apply for an engineering program at Thames Water? Tell me about a time where you sought an opportunity to develop yourself? Describe a time you changed someone's way of thinking? Why do you want to work for us?

Thames Water

Application

I interviewed at Thames Water

Interview

Online video interview, consisted of a few questions that were pre-recorded. You were given a minute to plan your answer, and three minutes to answer the question. The questions were non-technical, and mainly tested your passion for the position applied to.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Thames Water

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Thames Water in Feb 2021

Interview

It went smoothly and as planned. It was not difficult and there was one minute to effectively prepare for answers. Five questions were asked and three minutes was given to answer each one of them.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you think you are a good candidate for the engineering graduate programme?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (London, England, England) in Feb 2021

Interview

I had to submit an application in which I was then invited to an online induction and numerical test. After passing the two tests I was offered an online interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you explain that there has been a budget cut to a client?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Interviews