Thames Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Thames Water Interview Questions

Updated 7 Nov 2018

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in June 2018.

Interview

Invited for an interview pretty promptly after application deadline finished. Resourcing staff were really helpful and state everything you need to do for preparation and location etc. 2 members of staff interviewed me, they were really nice and I feel conversation flowed pretty well. The downside was that it took just over 2 weeks to get a response regarding whether I had been successful or not. But I did get detailed feedback about the interview when I asked which I really appreciated

Interview Questions

• Supply a piece of interesting and engaging content on a subject of your choice (no more than 500 words)   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online
    Process took a while more than two months
    Got a call for an interview
    Friendly environment and people
    2 interviewers ,Phd's with tremendous amount of knowledge
    A lot of technical and hypothetical scenarios questions ,the interview lasted more than 2 hours

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The process was fairly streamlined. Started with CV and a few motivational questions online. Next was a video interview where you record yourself, 7 competency based questions. Assessment Centre with an interview, presentation and group exercise.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in December 2017.

Interview

The assessment centre began with a networking session to allow candidates to meet the assessors. There was an individual exercise where we were given 30 minutes to look over some information and then we had to give a presentation on the information we were given. There was then a group exercise followed by an interview. The questions were fairly difficult and based on competency skills as opposed to knowledge of the company.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in December 2017.

Interview

3 part assessment centre consisting of a business scenario (basically host a mock meeting and get asked questions), a group activity (work together to organise a charity fundraiser), and an interview. 15 people there on the day with 4 places available.

Interview Questions

• Why Thames Water. What do you know about the company. General motivational and competency interview questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water in November 2016.

Interview

Video Interview
    Completed the application form. Application requested information such as:
    > Why would you like to join the Thames Water Graduate Programme and why have you chosen Engineering?
    > Please confirm if you would consider other graduate opportunities in addition to this application.
    > Please explain what you feel are the biggest challenges and opportunities facing our industry currently. How would you approach these?
    > Tell us about a project you have worked on where your positivity and passion was key to its success. (What was your vision? What did you do? Who did you have to get on board?
    > Please give details of any extra­curricular activities you have been involved in, and provide details of any positions of responsibility you have held and how did you manage these activities and your degree at the same time?

For the video interview, using Sonru application, you are given 7 questions. A question will appear on the screen for a few minutes, and you will have a time limit to answer the questions. Questions can be random. Questions they asked me are shown below.

My advice. Do your research and practise.

Interview Questions

• 1. With regards to the programme you have applied to, please explain what makes you the ideal candidate for the role
      2. Why did you choose to study engineering?
      3. Some of the best engineering ideas are born out of an individual’s ability to challenge other people’s ways of thinking. Tell me about a time when you were successful in doing this
      4. Engineers need to be curious about how and why machines, structures and fluid treatment processes work. can you give an example where your curiosity has led to a new understanding?
      5. Please could you give an example of a time when you sought out an opportunity to develop yourself? What was your end goal?
      6. Please could you give an example of a time things didn’t go as planned, how did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Thames Water (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

Fairly simple video interview. Consisted of general competency questions. There was enough time for you to think and come up with an answer. 7 Questions in total and 2 minutes to answer each question

Finance Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water.

Interview

The process begins with an application form, online tests, video interview, further online tests, and the assessment centre. The video interview consisted of 6/7 questions with 20 seconds thinking time, and 2 minutes answering time.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water (Reading, England) in September 2015.

Interview

2 stages interview. Overall slow recruitment process, but informative when you ask the questions about the process. Interviews were scheduled few days in advance.
    First meeting with 2 senior IT Management Staff - general run through CV, describe in more details selected aspects relevant to the role. Very positive approach, organised meeting.
    Second meeting with 2 Technical Architects, chaotic meeting with narrow minded technical questions. There were no meeting with the business representative nor any question about the Thames Water Business.

Interview Questions

• What are the 5 components of the Business Intelligence?
      What do you do when cannot convince business about certain technological changes?
      How do you learn and up-skill yourself?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Thames Water.

Interview

It was an intimidating conversation with questions regarding some of my interests in the field, why i chose to go for the specific role and a few questions on my interests outside of the job

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on health and safety in the office, not just out on site?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.