Toffler Associates Interview Questions

Updated 19 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Toffler Associates

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Toffler Associates

Found 7 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (United States)

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for a short screening interview about a week after submitting my application on their website. I was then interviewed for about 30 mins by their COO a week or so later. Then had 3 onsite back to back interviews and was called to meet the CEO the next day. They wanted a decision within 24 hours of giving me the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (United States)

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter during an initial phone screen, and she was very friendly and informative. Another reviewer here said it took a while for HR to respond, that’s true. After the initial phone screen, I was invited to speak with the hiring manager (HM) for a 30-minute call and asked to provide my availability. A week passed with no response (even after I followed up) and I was about to write it off as a ghosting, but I received what seemed like an auto-reply confirming an interview the next day with the hiring manager. (Note: all of HR’s emails seem to be auto-replies/templates). When I picked up HM’s call, I was greeted with a bunch of noise: they were at the airport, getting in line to catch a flight. Perfect time to conduct an interview, right? As could be expected, they were just as distracted and rushed the entire time as you’d think. And we could barely hear each other the entire call thanks to the constant PA announcements, background conversations, etc. This was immediately off-putting: I put in the time and effort to leave work and find a quiet space out of respect (on limited notice, no less); the HM was too busy to provide the same courtesy or find a better time? It didn't bode well for the rest of the interview. I didn't want to write the company off based solely on the reviews here from past and present associates, especially since it seemed like they were doing some neat work based on their website, but it was clear to me the reviewers' concerns seemed legitimate based on the questions asked and short discussion we had. I kept questions limited and ended the interview early. I received a canned rejection a couple weeks later. The feeling was mutual. The hiring manager had an impressive resume/bio to read and I was really excited about the interview. It’s a shame their interviewing skills and representation of the firm weren’t half as impressive.

Interview Questions
Toffler Associates
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Toffler Associates (United States) in Nov 2015

Interview

Very informal and personal. They describe it as "courting" potential candidates before they have actual positions to fill. I met with 3 different people and asked more questions than they did. They were very open and engaging, and it was helpful to have 3 different perspectives.

Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (United States)

Interview

Very rigorous. I wish that I had put as much time into researching them as they took to research me. They ask for all sorts of information to include social media sites. Unlike most employers they take the time to follow up on references and seek to dig up additional information not provided as part of an effort to fully profile the candidate prior to the interview. Due to the virtual concept most employees either work from home or have the option to go to the main office. Therefore, the interview is conducted over lunch with one of the seniors from the cool kids circle. If they like you disposition and attitude they will recommend you for additional consideration. Overall, the process takes about a month. On boarding is fairly straight forward, but security clearances tale time to pass to various locations.

Interview Questions
  • The one question that stands out during the interview is when I was asked how I feel about working in an unstructured environment with little supervision. At the time I though, gee I am grown up and I am very responsible. So I should do well. What I did not know is that there was another part of the question that was NOT asked. The question should have been phrased as: "How do you feel about working in an unstructured environment with little supervision and next zero guidance?"
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reston, VA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (Reston, VA) in Apr 2014

Interview

Very detailed questions about projects I worked on, they kept pushing me to say the actual names of the customers , I guess they were trying to "check out my network."

Interview Questions
  • "Tell us about a person you wouldn't want to work with". That was the easy part. But then they followed up with, "What if that person was your customer?". Another strange question was "Why did you choose to get an MBA from this school?" (note, my MBA is from the top 10 school)
Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Toffler Associates (Reston, VA) in Feb 2014

Interview

Basic behavorial interview with some case studies thrown in at a very superficial level. Your typical phone screen and then an in person interview. The hole process took about a month but when they finally presented an offer they wanted a response in 24 hours. That was a little off-putting since they did not seem to be in a hurry throughout the process.

Interview Questions
Toffler Associates
Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Toffler Associates

Interview

Conducted a detailed phone interview, followed by an in person case / behavior focused on some specific client issues. Interview was pretty formal, but was a good experience. The leadership I interviewed with knew thier clients, understood challenges, and seemed extremely bright. Also provided great insight into the way the firm views the world, which was appealing to me. Following in person, moved to discussions with the operations staff on compensation and package for transitioning