Tommy Hilfiger Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 16 Apr 2019

2.2

Sort:

Planning Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

I actually submit my resume for a fulltime position, but the HR person called me to ask for my interest of intern position. I took the interview anyway, and talked to the planning manager. He discussed a lot of different things with me, from resume to my thought on the whole position even the retail industry. The process went really well, he is very friendly. And I received a call from HR right after getting home from the interview, and was offered the intern.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maui Meadows, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Maui Meadows, HI (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I randomly called to see if they were hiring for any management positions .. And asked to speak to the MANAGER of course ( as you ALWAYS should do if you want accurate information). As luck would have it, it was the store manager who answered my cell. I was very direct and honest in that i had over 25 yrs sales / PR experience, and were there looking to hire anyone for management positions in that store now? She was EXTREMELY sweet, said yesin fact they were show we proceeded to talk for about 5 minutes ( mostly me giving her a quick run down about me and what I'm looking for. I asked she had a personal email or a district managers email that she could give me so I could forward them my resume right then and there? She said yes.. And i did just that..

15 minutes later maybe? She replied back asking if i was available the following day for an interview.

9 am the next day we met. She was VERY in informative/ knowledgeable in the company and what the expectations they were looking for/ she was SMILEY/ bubbly/.. And inviting! Needless to day, the interview ended with her asking if I'd be interested in the STORE management position also.. Because she was heading to mainland soon and she needs a replacement for the store!?

So.. This was Friday ( its now Monday).. And she said the next step would be contacting her district manager, and if he agrees, setting up a 2nd interview with him, by phone and no later than wendday.. ( and i of course asked her if she would call me either way and let me know and she said yes).. So now?... IN ANXIOUSLY/ PATIENTLY waiting lol..

All in all.. I WAS VERY impressed with her style/ demeanor/ presentation/ .. And FINGERS CROSSED

Interview Questions

• What is the most rewarding thing you like the best.. About where your currently working?.. (Cause i was)   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

i had one interview because I started as a temp employee and was offered a position following after that, everyone was very nice and very welcoming during the interview process and it was a lot less stressful then previous jobs

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Came in three different times to meet with the team, it was during the summer so difficult to see everyone because of summer vacations. Received an offer within a few days of last interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you think of the store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary. I would recommend doing more research on salaries within the industry to negotiate

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two separate managers who just as questions related to the job position. It was a one on one interview with two different managers on two different days. The managers asked similar questions during each interview. The questions are very straight forward and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• In your opinion whats more important, customers, co-workers, or yourself?   1 Answer

Warehouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Orlando, FL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Filled the application, called me a week later for an interview.
    Interview was on group and asked me what were my pros and cons
    Previous jobs
    And why would you like to work for them

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger in February 2018.

Interview

I was referred to the company by an employee which I thought would give me a leg up. I interviewed once over the phone with an HR representative and then again over skype with two different departments. They told me they would be in touch soon but they never got back to me. I emailed HR twice and she kept pushing back the date that she would let me know, explaining that they were still conducting interviews. Finally, after two months I emailed her for a third time asking about the status of my application. She replied back that day saying that they had filled the position with a candidate who was a closer match to their qualifications.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a recruiter reach out to me personally and say to keep in touch about the interview process (which started the next semester). Then she never responded after countless follow ups.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger.

Interview

This companies organization was a NIGHTMARE. Such a cool company and they were definitely my #1 choice for an internship but it was very rough communicating with them, i felt like HR and the department managers were never on the same page, and there were times when HR would email me the same question they had already asked in the same thread. Patience required.
    Otherwise, the people I spoke to on the phone were very nice and the questions were all basic behavioral questions.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Tommy Hilfiger (New York, NY (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied online and was called to set up an interview in the New York Office. Went in for the interview and received the offer for a summer internship at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward questions about my resume and previous work experience   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.