Trailfinders Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Trailfinders

3.3

1. Featured Interview

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trailfinders (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in January 2019.

Interview

Although a fairly long and thorough process, the recruiter was very pleasant and easy to communicate with. The company's values and working expectations are clearly set from the beginning of the interview process. A great emphasis is given on the support provided to the consultants during their training and first months in the centres.

4 steps interview:
    1. online application form
    2. online assessment which takes 15 minutes
    3. telephone interview
    4. formal interview at travel centre (3 hours long)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/ Why should we hire you for the role?
      What qualities and skills do you think are necessary for the role?
      Why did you choose Trailfinders?
      What are your career goals?
      What do you need in a job?
      How do you tackle a complicated task?   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trailfinders.

Interview

Had to submit answers to pre-set questions online. This was then followed by a link to an online psychometric test. If passed a phone call interview, then if deemed suitable an interview in branch.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell a holiday to someone who wasn’t sure.   Answer Question

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Trailfinders in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online, fairly hefty application so take your time with it and was then asked to complete a 15 minute agility test, its rare that you will have time to answer all questions so if you're stuck on a question skip it.

Invited to telephone interview which took 40 minutes and I found quite difficult, know the products Trailfinders offer and do your research!

Didn't progress further as was told my application was not strong enough which I half expected as I didn't feel I nailed the interview. After that I believe its a one on one interview and some more English, Maths and Geography tests.

Interview Questions

• If a customer rang up asking about a holiday to New Zealand how would you continue that conversation? Was also asked about multitasking and ability to comprehend large volumes of information quickly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Trailfinders (Nottingham, England).

Interview

Firstly CV submitted. Then Phone interview for approx 1 hour with HR in London. Then a 1 hour travel 'test'. Then (if successful) a face to face interview with general manager of specific store.

Interview Questions

• Who would you sell a holiday to someone that doesn't want to travel?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Trailfinders (London, England) in August 2019.

Interview

Initially i had a phone interview with the head of recruitment. Then some written tests on geographical knowledge and aptitude in general and then a 1on 1 interview with a general manager in the store.

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Trailfinders (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in July 2019.

Interview

After an online application on their website, you are forwarded a mental agility test that you must complete. If you score high enough you're scheduled for a phone interview, and if successful you're then scheduled for a final interview at their working office.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked me was what would you say to a potential client that is interested on a product, but is not willing to make the purchase right now and wants to wait or talk it over with their spouse?   1 Answer

Travel Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Trailfinders (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in February 2019.

Interview

Extremely thorough. From applying online, to a 15 minute online test, an hour phone interview and then 3 hour face to face. I felt after my face to face interview that even if I didn’t get the job that I would still have gained a lot by going through the process. The phone interview really gave me confidence and Gillian was a brilliant interviewer, friendly but formal. I think after the phone interview you will already have a feel of the company and if you want to continue if offered a face to face interview. Show your personality, they want people that are confident and chatty, this is part of the role. It was the longest interview process I’ve ever had but I feel like it was over all positive.

Interview Questions

• If you had a client wanting to go to South Africa for safari, where would you send them?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you spoke with a lovely couple, organise an itinerary and ring the following day for a deposit and they say they’ve booked with another company beside they are €10 cheaper?   Answer Question
    • Are you competitive?   Answer Question
    • How will you deal with an upset or angry customer?   Answer Question
    • Have you applied for any other jobs?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Trailfinders?   Answer Question

Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Trailfinders (London, England) in January 2019.

Interview

On the arrival of my interview, they introduced to me and toured me around the workplace with other outlets across the road which they shouldn't do because I feel its a waste of time. It should be only the 1 to 1 interview straight away. I thought I will pass because they were friendly to me and liked some of my answers but I never got through in the end. I waited for 10 days for a reply. I guess they are only looking for people who have more experienced, already been trained and very smart. They don't want new recruiters who have low qualifications and already passed a University Degree. I tried my best but I know there are better opportunities for me in the future with better pay than them :).

Interview Questions

Trailfinders Response

25 Feb 2019

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback and I take on board you comments about showing candidates around prior to the interview. I won't be making any changes to this practice as it is very important to us that candidates find out as much as possible about the company and the environment at this stage; the individual needs to be certain that we are the right match for them.

Travel Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Trailfinders.

Interview

They don’t give the opportunity to interview people basing their choices only on a test reliability of 15 minutes. If you don’t score 60% (by replying correctly 50 of the MMAT test) they automatically discard your regardless of your titles/experience or ability for the role. Furthermore, the process is very obscure as you can’t assess your own results but know only if you are passed or not with their automatic email. This hiring method is quite unprofessional as you can’t really judge a person on the basis of a 15 minutes test. The test should be an additional assessment not a discriminant one.

Interview Questions

Trailfinders Response

25 Feb 2019

Many thanks for your feedback. We are proud of having the highest calibre Travel Consultants in the industry and one reason for this is our rigorous and professional recruitment process.

We assess many aspects of an applicant; the timed Mental Agility test not designed to determine overall suitability but it is an incredibly reliable measure of the mental ability and agility required to successfully complete our induction training.

It would not be right to put someone into such a demanding role if we were not confident it was the right role for that individual.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Trailfinders (London, England) in December 2018.

Interview

Lengthy and tough!!
    After filling out the application, you’re invited to complete a quiz, number puzzles and word puzzles.
    Then you have a phone interview, which is the standard questions you’d expect; what’s your experience, what do you think the job entails, what do you think the client is looking for in a consultant or when they call Trailfinders.
    Then you do to the face to face interviews; two of them in one day! Similar questions, and then a group discussion with the rest of the applicant group, about how you’d overcome a challenge. Also another paper interview on geographical knowledge, and a maths test, though you do have a calculator- I’d prepared for this by practicing long division and multiplication which definitely didn’t need to do!
    The geography test has questions along the lines of ‘place these ten country’s from east to west’, and, ‘name five tourist attractions you’d recommend in the following places’.
    Overall a long tough process. The biggest tip I’d give is emphasise 50/50 on being customer service driven and sales driven- don’t put too much importance on one and forget the other!

Interview Questions

• What do you think is a weakness you’d struggle with in the role?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.