Tripadvisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Oxford, England) in September 2018.

Interview

Good process, very thorough. You do a couple of phone interviews and then a full day in the office when the team will interview you from different perspectives. You will get the chance to meet HR, your future boss and a few developers who will take you for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to pivot from the original plan.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I submitted my resume via a campus recruited and was contacted the next week to set up a video interview with someone in the department. The next step was a second video interview, this time with the head of the department.

Treasury Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

Great job by the HR recruitment team but not the hiring team. After taking interviews for external candidates, they advised that they would be considering internal candidates (defies logic). Was a painstaking and lengthy wait.

Interview Questions

• General questions about the role and style of working etc.   Answer Question

Director, CRM Interview

Interview

Didnt get past the application. Completely put off after being asked gender at birth then gender now, sexuality and if I'm a member of the LGBTQ community. Completely inappropriate and in no way relevant to the role or ability to perform the job functions.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

26 Jun 2020

Thank you for your feedback, we truly appreciate it. The questions that you referenced are completely voluntary disclosures, and as such, candidates choose to voluntarily answer or not. As explained in the application, this information allows us to track the effectiveness of our recruiting efforts and to monitor the diversity of our applicant pool for all roles and level. This information is not considered in the hiring process or thereafter. We always welcome and are appreciative of feedback, as it helps us grow as an organization as we continue our diversity journey.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

The first interview is a quick 20 minute phone call. The second interview you listen in on some phone calls, and then have a 1 hour interview that includes a sales roleplay.

Interview Questions

• If I wrote an autobiography, what would be the name of it?   1 Answer

Inside S Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I interviewed with a recruiter on the phone who was really nice and straight forward. That day she offered me another interview for a second round. She told me about the companies culture, which was really helpful.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

I went through 4 steps for this marketing role. Applied online. Hiring Process took approximately 3-4 weeks. Started with 1 HR interview and then several phone interviews (competency based and technical) with managers from the marketing department.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Career Fair - Screen Interview (1 hour)
    2. Take Home Coding Assignment (Finished within one week with 12 hour limit)
    3. Onsite interview (3 rounds in total, first 2 are technical, the last one is behavioural)

Interview Questions

• 1. Go throught the resume carefully
      2. One coding problem for the first 2 rounds
      3. Which part of TripAdvisor's website could be improved on?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tripadvisor.

Interview

Apply through handshake and have a 40-50 mins on-campus interview.
    At first, go through resume, interviewer will pick up some project experiences to ask you for details. Just make sure you truely did it. Than there are some propability problems. eg. you have maximum 10 chance to roll a dice, you can decide keep rolling or stop to get the amount. Also then there are some data science typical questions about market features seleciton or how to deal with a data table.

Interview Questions

• Some features in model to predict whether the customer will complete order at this time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in November 2019.

Interview

Handed in my resume at the booth during career fair. Got an email about scheduling a video interview several days later. I think I got most of the questions correct, but was still rejected, and became no longer under consideration for the role.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in November 2019.

Interview

1 Hour technical interview, online coding challenge, then on-site interview. HR very accommodating.

Interviewer was rude, disinterested, and clearly going through the motions. Successfully answered most questions but did not move past first interview stage.

Interview Questions

Tripadvisor Response

14 Nov 2019 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. Our goal is that each candidate is treated respectfully by our recruiting team as well as our interviewers. We’re sorry to hear that this was not the case during your interview. We will share your feedback with the team and use it to continuously improve.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.