Tripadvisor Interview Questions

Updated 16 Jun 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 696 of over 696 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Featured Interview

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in Sep 2020

Interview

I was headhunted via LinkedIn by the recruitment agency in charge of hiring candidates. they were incredibly helpful throughout the entire process. I was informed every step of the way by the recruiter about my application progress and they also helped me prepare for my interview. Would highly recommend

Interview Questions
  • what about this role was interesting to you?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Drawn out interview process with very little interaction directly with the hiring manager, and instead had numerous rounds of interviews with others at the company. Communication was mediocre at best from the HR team, who did not respond to emails in a reasonable amount of time. After 2 months of interviews, I made it to the final round as 1 of 2 candidates. I had to prepare and present a full blown case study (complex financial model / forecast and board level presentation), which took countless hours to complete. After overwhelmingly positive feedback from the case study panel (including hiring manager), the HR team did not respond for over a week and told me an internal candidate had been given an offer due to compensation and familiarity with the company. The lack of transparency and reasonable communication definitely left a horrible taste in my mouth. Waste of time for a company with a 60% revenue decline from 2019 to 2020 and less than 5% growth for 3 years prior to the pandemic.

Interview Questions
  • Case study to present strategic outlook and recommendations to a board member

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. Interview with the main recruiter then brought in to meet with the team. The main problem I had was they asked me to come in for lunch and meet with them and then asked me to interview with their Head of TA during lunch. I obviously was unable to eat while talking so I really couldn't eat and was there for another 3 hours pretty hungry. I also found that most interviewers asked the same questions.

Interview Questions
  • What type of people do you hire? What does your quota look like? How do you deal with difficult managers?

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

interview starts fast, and I was informed. Several interviews were needed to pass. From basic information to technique skills. But they stopped contact me once I finished the first two. We were planning for the next step and they disappeared.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

Tech screen was 1 round done over coderpad. Then on site was 5 rounds with the coding on a computer and some whiteboard design and a lunch interview. Only engineers interviewed me and didn't meet with hiring manager.

Interview Questions
  • Interview was mostly coding with some system design and a lunch interview. Usual questions and nothing too difficult.

Tripadvisor

Application

I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

All interviewers are extremely supportive, and nice. The interview process takes about 1 months from the Take home challenge to final decision. Really glad I have the opportunity to interview with TripAdvisor.

Interview Questions
  • Some product case questions (Define a KPI given a situation, explain how to calculate it, and how to measure)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Sydney) in May 2021

Interview

2 Software Engineers were interviewing me, they asked about Basic CS questions, problem solving and lastly they gave me a link to code a problem while they watch how you code. They were kind and nice although I didn't fit for the job they gave me a good feedback and encouragement.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (São Paulo, São Paulo, São Paulo) in May 2021

Interview

Foi uma boa entrevista, o foco era uma vaga mas acabou sendo um direcionamento para outra e não tive retorno da pessoa responsável do RH. Na entrevista foi mencionado a história da empresa, um escopo sobre a vaga e não foi mencionado salário, apenas solicitação de pretensão salarial.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Tripadvisor in May 2021

Interview

I completed two interviews with TripAdvisor and did not get any response from the recruiting team. I did a couple of follow-ups, but I did not get any response from the recruiting team. I understand that team has decided not to move forward with my application and, I understand and respect their decision. I spent ~3+ hours in interviews and a couple of hours in prep, so I guess I deserve to know the status of my application. This is completely unprofessional on the recruiting team side not to inform me about the status of my application. Worst experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Tripadvisor

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tripadvisor

Interview

The process will depend on how long or short they want to drag their feet. For me, it took 8 - 10 weeks. Step 1: Call with HR (30 mins) Step 2: Call with Designer (30 - 45mins) Step 3: Call with leadership (30 - 45mins) Step 4: Call with Marketing team member (30 mins) Right after that call is another with a member of the product management team (30 mins) The above four steps took about 3-4 weeks, depending on scheduling. After I finished all my rounds, Tripadvisor went silent for a few days. I sent out follow-up emails, and HR gave a vague answer that they are going through some internal communications. They went missing for 3-4 weeks, saying that they had to figure out some "internal things" a few days after what I thought will be my last follow up (because if they like you, I assume you'd know the very next day) the HR sends an email saying that they are moving on. I asked for feedback which will be helpful for me as I look for other opportunities, and they didn't bother replying. I feel bothered when you waste my time, Tripadvisor team.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite website and why? What is your favorite app and why? How do you collaborate with others? What are your special powers? What special powers will you bring to the table? What is your design philosophy? How do you collaborate with PM's and engineering?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tripadvisor (Sydney) in Apr 2021

Interview

After applying for job, I was contacted by HR to arrange a time for interview. They were pretty flexible with that. On the interview day, as soon as interview start, they started asking questions. The questions were too academic for a person with 4 years experience. The role was supposed to be for a person who has got good experience. Instead of asking technical questions or questions about my experience/expertise, they started asking me academic questions of semester 1. Like "What is size of Integer?" All other questions were also academic and theoretical. Very immature.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 696 Interviews