Tripadvisor Reviews

Found 873 of over 1,035 reviews

3.8
Tripadvisor President and CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "Free Lunch, Nice Campus, Good Compensation(in 107 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, Nice working environment(in 72 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Constant Change in upper management(in 26 reviews)

• "During the last large cutting of staff Senior Management said everyone would take a 20% pay cut to help balance the books(in 24 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Tripadvisor

Join the conversation on

Consulting

2m

works at

EY

I’m a rising Senior at EY (2 years of experience) looking to move into product management but I don’t seem to get any interest from recruiters because of my consulting experience (mostly credit modeling development and validation in risk management space). Can someone please give some tips ? I’d like to move into product management at a tech company that offers a highly consumer focused product (eg. TripAdvisor, Opentable etc.)

16 Comments

Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

Great Company

Dec 10, 2020 - Partnership Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere and great people

Cons

Nothing to say, I loved it

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent

May 11, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great experience and great team!

Cons

Compensation a bit below industry average.

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

3. 3.0

Good company overall

Aug 25, 2021 - TripAdvisor in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team, good encouragement, variety of assignments.

Cons

No room for growth, lack of leadership at times.

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

4. 3.0

working at TripAdvisor

Jul 16, 2021 - Digital Sales Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

remote working options, multi-cultural, Flexible

Cons

not much career progression and options

5. 2.0

Hopefully, Product actually do Product now

Jul 8, 2021 - Product Manager in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some really smart people to work with, and learn from.

Cons

Product craft was severely lacking, with three things sticking out for me. - The "speed wins" mantra meant that velocity and volume of output was the main criteria of success, which created a bias towards optimisations, and hampered innovation or transformative growth. - The experimentation culture was a double edged sword - it yielded some great wins, but with no real structure around setting hypotheses, it was very much the 'throw spaghetti at a wall, and see what sticks.' This meant that even when a variant won, nobody could confidently say *why* it had won. - Very little speaking to end users. A lot of the use cases and customer pain points were compiled in meetings made up of identikit 30-something white, uni graduates, who were in no way representative of the user base, Also, the then-President (or whatever his title was....the boss, anyway) of vacation rentals had a very condescending and bullying style. The Tuesday afternoon meetings would invariably end with someone being grilled, while everyone else had their head down, exchanging furtive, sympathetic glances. No issue with me or others being called out for mistakes or subpar work, but there are ways it can be done that are constructive, and respectful.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate former employees providing constructive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found your colleagues smart and fun to work with. We are proud of our diverse and collaborative culture with talented and inspirational people. However, we are disappointed to hear that you did not always find being part of the Product team a rewarding and engaging place to work. We are always looking at ways to continually improve in the spirit of our core value “never stop learning” so we appreciate you taking the time to provide back feedback on how we can do so with reference to our Product team’s ways of working. Our leaders are custodians of our values and strive to create and sustain an environment of trust, mutual respect and empowerment in their teams. We are sorry to hear that you do not feel that a leader was able to live our values. Please feel free to reach out confidentially to HR to discuss any concerns. Again thank you for your feedback which helps us on our journey to be a great place to work for everyone!

6. 1.0

Huge no-no!

Jul 10, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Free snacks and drinks before covid Well-being allowance and other benefits and bonuses Office is nice Brand reputation Friendly colleagues, young environment

Cons

Those pros aren’t enough to consider the customer service an healthy working environment to work for. It actually isn’t. Management is terrible. HR knows a lot of things but their hands are always tied for a reason or another. No career progression whatsoever even they tell you otherwise. The customer service can do almost nothing compared to other departments. There’re many other things I’d like to write to leave a genuine and real feedback but I’d limit myself to give some advise for potential new hires. If this is your first working experience in the uk and you don’t mind working almost every single weekend with a great difficult in seeing your holiday approved, then go for it. At the end of the day the reputation behind the brand is good and you can always learn what you (dis)like in a working environment. Don’t let anyone treat you like you have no value just because you work in the customer service and be positive. Good luck!

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate employees opinions and viewpoints. We are pleased to hear that you enjoy many of the great benefits of working for Tripadvisor including our “Wellness Allowance” to help support your well-being during these challenging times. However, we are disappointed to hear that you are not finding being part of the award winning Tripadvisor Customer Operations team a rewarding and engaging place to work. We hope that you participated in our recent employee engagement survey so that your voice can be heard. We welcome any feedback that you would like to share that can help us build our Customer Operations’ diverse and inclusive culture with talented and inspirational people. Our flagship Customer Operations mentorship programme is a great opportunity for employees to develop their skills and progress their career at TripAdvisor and aligns with one of our core values of “never stop learning.” Many of your colleagues have found the programme to be beneficial in supporting their career aspirations both inside and outside of Customer Operations. We appreciate the tremendous contribution that our employees have made to date and continue to make to support our business during these challenging times. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good first job, great people and management

May 19, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good first experience for me. I learned a lot, met incredible people and had a lot of fun. Lots of ways to progress through mentorship.

Cons

The company should listen to it's employee more escpacially during covid, offices in Europe haven't reopen for over a year, not everyone likes working from home, this is one of the reason I left.

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to highlight what a great place Tripadvisor is to work. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our sense of community, fun and great social events which support our diverse and inclusive culture with talented and inspirational people. The global Covid-19 pandemic has meant that we have had to close all our offices to meet government health and safety requirements. These unprecedented circumstances has meant that our employees have been working from home. We understand that working from home is not for everyone but appreciate the tremendous contribution that our employees have made to date and continue to make to support our business during these challenging times. We will be re-opening our office as soon as practicable possible within the relevant governmental guidance as we appreciate the positive benefits that office working brings in terms of collaboration, innovation, connectivity and support.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people and culture

May 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

TripAdvisor is (was) an amazing company to work for. The on boarding process is amazing - the best training I have ever had in my career so far! Super structures and straightforward, people around you always helpful and open to chat and explain things. Birthdays are always celebrated as well as holidays and events like Christmas , Halloween and Summer. You clearly know what your goal is and what you are expected to do to succeed and deliver at the best of your abilities. TripAdvisor is a family not just a company. People I met there became my friends. You know how to employ a true talent.

Cons

You are exposed to limited things, there were no projects or additional tasks to help you to up-skill yourself (lack of cross department/business collaborations). I’ve heard that things have changed since the pandemic but changes bring both negative and positive , open doors for ones and closes for others. I believe in the Brand and it’s vision and miss the company with all its pros and cons :)

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for highlighting the strength of our company culture and inclusivity. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to share their opinions, challenged by their work and empowered to own their projects. We appreciate hearing that we’re succeeding on that mission. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

9. 1.0

Do not waste your time

Jun 7, 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Oxford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros in my opinion.

Cons

Higher management and HR an absolute joke. CS people are literally treated like puppets.

2 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate employees providing constructive feedback to help us make Tripadvisor a great place to work for everyone. We are disappointed to hear that you are not finding being part of the award winning Tripadvisor Customer Operations team a rewarding and engaging place to work. We hope that you participated in our recent employee engagement survey so that your voice can be heard. We welcome any feedback that you would like to share that can help us build our Customer Operations’ diverse and inclusive culture with talented and inspirational people. We appreciate the tremendous contribution that our employees have made to date and continue to make to support our business during these challenging times. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Employee Experience

Apr 27, 2021 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Team is very experienced and learned a lot

Cons

Hours are good but hard work

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your positive remarks. We value opinions from employees across all levels and departments; we're glad to hear that this has been your experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 873 Reviews