Tripadvisor Reviews

Found 911 of over 1,097 reviews

3.8
Tripadvisor President and CEO Stephen Kaufer
Stephen Kaufer
Pros
  • "The free lunch is better than most restaurants(in 108 reviews)

• "Great benefits and work life balance(in 81 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Speed wins" mantra, would've preferred more travel coverage or allowance(in 39 reviews)

• "Constant Change in upper management(in 27 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Tripadvisor

Join the conversation on

Tech

107K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Tripadvisor~15276
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

There's good out there and in here !

Oct 29, 2021 - Advertising Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Smart going into the pandemic, strong coming out. The company made some VERY tough decisions in April /May 2020 but we've weathered the storm for the most part and are now coming out stronger and with a more focused team the other side. Commitment to employee welfare, diversity and inclusion is strong and the culture is the best I've ever come across. A CEO who genuinely cares about the company and its employees and will also do anything in his power to ensure success flows down.

Cons

Travel in a pandemic was never going to be an easy sell but we're over the worst now. Need to re-establish ourselves now as the market leader in travel and lifestyle

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate you highlighting the strength of our leaders, the company culture, and inclusivity. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to share their opinions, challenged by their work and empowered to own their projects. We appreciate hearing that we’re succeeding on that mission.

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Cool tech company to work in

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Data Science Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- occasional trips to Boston - pleasant working environment & smart people around you - lots of company benefits: gym, all sorts of insurances, education allowance etc

Cons

- salary could be higher

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate you taking the time to highlight what a great place Tripadvisor is to work. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our inclusive culture, sense of community, and award winning benefits.

3. 2.0

Just a large company

Jan 9, 2022 - Customer Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office, nice breakfast and snacks.

Cons

People are numbers, management is not so great.

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We're appreciate of employee comments that highlight areas of strength and opportunities for improvement.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Huge disappointment

Dec 10, 2021 - Customer Service in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits great coworkers, great social life on the 6th floor on Friday ( when it was possible)

Cons

I worked for Tripadvisor for a long time and I had a really good career progression. Unfortunately the pandemic impacted a lot several people from the mental health point of view. The way the leadership dealt with the problem was quite embarrassing. There were people crying and not performing because they were asking a bit of flexibility in terms of working from their native country in order to spend some time with family. The answer was always to check first if there were all the legal requirements met. If those were met, it was up to the high management. The answer, for a long time, was no “because XX said no”. Now, one of the main quality you should have in customer service is to show empathy; it seems that the pandemic had the power to let people forget about it. So you can imagine seen people from other departments asking to work from X country for months, having their request accepted and then others asking to work in the same countries( so same rules) for few weeks being denied . Tripadvisor A and Tripadvisor B. And we are still talking about people stuck working from home and not yet in the office. So what’s the problem working from Spain or the UK for few weeks/ months if everything was met from the law, taxes, legal entity point of view?

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0

great working environment

Sep 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

great company culture, great people to work with

Cons

management is not very effective

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for highlighting the strength of our company culture and inclusivity. Our goal is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome to share their opinions, challenged by their work and empowered to own their projects. We appreciate hearing that we’re succeeding on that mission.

6. 3.0

Oct 10, 2021 - 111 Call Handler
      Business Outlook

Pros

I Had friendly colleagues there

Cons

Very repetitive with the same issuers every time

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We’re glad that you enjoyed your experience as part of the Tripadvisor team.

7. 3.0

ambiente

Sep 24, 2021 - TripAdvisor in Oxford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

open, fun, perks, flexible, convenient

Cons

micro management, unstable directions, too much changes,

1 person found this review helpful

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we value opinions from current as well as former employees. We are happy to hear that you found our benefits package, as well as our beyond work benefits to be helpful. We also appreciate you highlighting areas for improvement.

8. 3.0

Good company overall

Aug 25, 2021 - TripAdvisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly team, good encouragement, variety of assignments.

Cons

No room for growth, lack of leadership at times.

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

working at TripAdvisor

Jul 16, 2021 - Digital Sales Planner
      Business Outlook

Pros

remote working options, multi-cultural, Flexible

Cons

not much career progression and options

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As our company continues to grow, we are appreciative of employee comments that highlight our strengths as well as areas we can improve upon.

10. 2.0

Hopefully, Product actually do Product now

Jul 8, 2021 - Product Manager in Oxford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some really smart people to work with, and learn from.

Cons

Product craft was severely lacking, with three things sticking out for me. - The "speed wins" mantra meant that velocity and volume of output was the main criteria of success, which created a bias towards optimisations, and hampered innovation or transformative growth. - The experimentation culture was a double edged sword - it yielded some great wins, but with no real structure around setting hypotheses, it was very much the 'throw spaghetti at a wall, and see what sticks.' This meant that even when a variant won, nobody could confidently say *why* it had won. - Very little speaking to end users. A lot of the use cases and customer pain points were compiled in meetings made up of identikit 30-something white, uni graduates, who were in no way representative of the user base, Also, the then-President (or whatever his title was....the boss, anyway) of vacation rentals had a very condescending and bullying style. The Tuesday afternoon meetings would invariably end with someone being grilled, while everyone else had their head down, exchanging furtive, sympathetic glances. No issue with me or others being called out for mistakes or subpar work, but there are ways it can be done that are constructive, and respectful.

4 people found this review helpful

Vice President, Global Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate former employees providing constructive feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found your colleagues smart and fun to work with. We are proud of our diverse and collaborative culture with talented and inspirational people. However, we are disappointed to hear that you did not always find being part of the Product team a rewarding and engaging place to work. We are always looking at ways to continually improve in the spirit of our core value “never stop learning” so we appreciate you taking the time to provide back feedback on how we can do so with reference to our Product team’s ways of working. Our leaders are custodians of our values and strive to create and sustain an environment of trust, mutual respect and empowerment in their teams. We are sorry to hear that you do not feel that a leader was able to live our values. Please feel free to reach out confidentially to HR to discuss any concerns. Again thank you for your feedback which helps us on our journey to be a great place to work for everyone!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 911 Reviews