Venatrix Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Venatrix

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in February 2020.

Interview

Assessment day is very thorough, they bang on about energy. Spent about 3 hours waiting around, said we'd finish at 3-4 and I left at 7. They set you up with interviews that you have no idea about the company and pushed into it. They tell you what to say in the interview, really, word for word. Feels like you aren't allowed to show your personality off at all and if you don't do what they say.. It's pretty much their way or the high-way. Team is full of pushy girls, who want everyone to be yes-men. If you like being bossed around and doing as you're told then it's the perfect recruitment agency for you.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venatrix.

Interview

A recruiter approached me on LinkedIn about an assessment they hold placing grads into sales technology roles. I didn’t get past the first half of the assessment day. They were very responsive and constantly contacting me in the run up and said they provide feedback if you don’t make it through the whole process. There was radio silence as soon as I asked for feedback and haven’t heard anything in days which is unlike how they were beforehand. It appears as soon as they aren’t associated with a candidate they no longer care.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Intense day assessment with multiple levels. Arrived in crammed a room with 40+ other candidates. Had a brief talk with open questions of 'Why Sales?' and 'Why tech?' which continued for an hour and felt very narcissistic. Then we were split into groups of (roughly) seven for a role-play exercise. We were told that we had ten minutes to read a brief regarding 'our' company and plan questions for another company that we were potentially going to sell to. We then had a three-minute 'conference call' with this company (a Venatrix employee) which led to lots of people speaking over one another to try and get themselves heard. After this 'conference call' we had about 7 minutes to organise a pitch to the 'board' of the new company. This 'board' included three individuals from business' that were looking to hire through Venatrix that day and Venatrix's CEO. the presentation, again, did not encourage team-work but rather selfishness and narcissism. After the presentations everyone went back into a room, and 17 out of 40 of us were selected to continue the process, the rest were sent home. Those of us selected were given lunch with the three prospective employers. This was quite enjoyable but again, you had 17 candidates crowding round 3 possible employers which meant it became a shouting contest yet again. After lunch, each individual had a one-on-one interview with a Venatrix employee. My opening question was 'We don't think that you've particularly shined so far today, how do you feel about this?'. Following questions were purposefully difficult, biggest weaknesses etc. I got the impression that those employees working at Venatrix didn't particularly like this process, and possibly didn't really like their jobs either. After this interview, I decided that I didn't like the process and therefore it was unlikely that I'd like any subsequent job so I left.

Business Development Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreham-by-Sea, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venatrix (Shoreham-by-Sea, England) in October 2019.

Interview

A whole-day affair. Started with a group of 18 which was cut to 12 after a group presentation. Then cut down again after 1-on-1 interviews. It was tough but I think agree with the final 6 they chose.

Graduate Sales Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Venatrix.

Interview

A quick phone call about my experience and then invited to an assessment centre. It all seemed a bit rushed I felt like I was just a number to them there wasn’t any relationship built at all before the assessment day. This followed with me not even meeting the person I spoke to on the phone until half way through the morning which I didn’t think was very professional, it was also a very quick hello. The assessment centre itself started off well, however later turned into more of a shouting contest.

The beginning was a brief introduction ‘Why sales?’ ‘Why tech’. Following this we had to do an Uber pitch, and talk about an achievement of ours. Following this we had to take part in a group exercise, a role play phone call and a pitch. There were maybe 6/7 people in each group and every one was trying to get there point across. I understand it’s everyone for themselves, but I didn’t think it was a fair way to judge people, I definitely felt like I didn’t get the chance to get my full potential across. After this half the people were cut and taken through to interview. Besides this I was also disappointed with the lack of diversity, walking into a room of 30 majority male, I think there were 5 girls. The whole process was quite intimidating, I think for a first assessment centre it’s quite a difficult day, you definitely need to have done a couple before attending.

Assessment Day Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Venatrix in July 2019.

Interview

really well run day, ensuring they get the best talent. i went to an assessment day on wednesday and have the perfect job by friday. if sales in a tech startup is what your looking for this is the best thing you can do.

SDR/BDM Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in July 2019.

Interview

I was recommended to Tara Jackson (talent manager) via LinkedIn and after a phone call I was invited to an assessment centre in the next few days. Tara took time to have a prep call with me so that I felt ready and confident for the assessment centre. The assessment centre consisted of morning activities (group discussion, personal introductions and a sales task) before being selected to go forward to the afternoon activities. One of the most challenging things about the sales task is the questions from the 'business', so make sure you have excellent objection handling abilities.

There were a couple of representatives from companies there and they asked to speak to me before the networking lunch, which gave me an excellent opportunity to learn more about the role and stood me in good stead for the interview. After lunch we had an interview with a Venatrix representative, before the final selection. After the final selection, the group had interview coaching from the CEO Elaine Tyler and a discussion with your talent manager about the roles you would be interviewing for in the next couple of days.

I interviewed at both companies present at the assessment centre two days later and was made offers which I accepted that evening. I am starting my new role less than two weeks after the assessment centre. I was so impressed with the calibre of clients they work with, the speed at which you get interviews/offers and the support from the team at Venatrix. Tara in particular was a real encouragement, and made sure I had a comprehensive preparation call before my interviews to go over my answers and knowledge of the company.

I have some previous sales experience and so whilst I found the assessment centre challenging, I did have some prior experience with those sorts of tasks. However, it may be more challenging for those with less experience and therefore I would advise to be really confident in your reasons for wanting to pursue sales, and emphasise your desire to pursue a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding (including financially) career. I wouldn't describe myself as a stereotypical 'sales' person, and so don't attempt to be the loudest/most pushy in the room (a common misconception of sales assessment centres). Be yourself, confident and competent

Sale Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Pros of the group interview/ presentation were that it's beneficial to connect with the people that are there, after the interview itself I went with a few for coffee with a few of the team and we got to know eachother more.
    It shows who can work well within a team and present ideas and who can't.
    It helps you to build confidence when talking infront of a team.
    You learn ways in which you can sell yourself better.

Cons were the group was too big, how you can offer a group of 15 or so people a job at the end i dont know. There was far too much competition in the room.
    Not enough diversity at all, and I'm not just talking about colour but also the amount of males there compared to females were a bit unfair as males are naturally more dominating so therefore have a higher chance of getting the role.
    I think if you're looking to get a job, group interviews are not the way to go as they dont really focus on each individuals talent/passion. Other than that I'm glad I went but I knew the company wasn't for me as soon as I got there.

Tech Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Really good interview process that really helped me as it was my first interview. The staff all seemed really friendly and helpful. The day started with a brief introduction from the staff and clients and the process began with a 1-minute Uber pitch. Following that it was a group project based on Dragon's Den which was really useful in picking out the successful candidates.
    I didn't make it through after the second phase, which was understandable, and after being told that we didn't make it through, Elaine promised us that we would get feedback as to why we didn't make it through if we phoned back on the Friday. However, to my disappointment, when I phoned on the Friday I was told that Elaine would phone me back but I never got anything back and this is really disappointing as this was my first interview and the feedback would have been really helpful.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venatrix (London, England) in April 2019.

Interview

The worst interview process I have ever the misfortune to attend. The assessment centre consisted of 40 graduates placed in a single room and asked why sales with everyone putting their hands up like primary school. The CEO is clearly full of herself and just picked the best looking candidates. Don't get fooled by the promise of an interview, they cut 80% of people before that stage. Don't waste your time and money going to this as it's simply who can talk the loudest gets noticed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.