Whitbread Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 60 of over 60 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Whitbread

Whitbread

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Whitbread in Aug 2021

Interview

Simple process, really opening communication before and after interview. Very streamlined process compared to other interviews I have done in the past. As my job was fixed term the interview process was only 1 video call which lasted an hour or so.

Interview Questions
  • How to do a certain function on excel, how i work in teams.
    Answer Question

Whitbread

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread

Interview

First time being interviewed, had to wait at reception for about 20 minutes , but the overall experience I could describe as being okay, the interviewer was kind and understanding but i should have prepared for the role better

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitbread

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Whitbread

Interview

Their internal recruitment team contacted me for a role and told me I would be a perfect fit. The invited me for an initial interview, which I had with a different member of the recruitment team. They progressed me to the next stage and then changed their mind before I'd even spoken to the hiring manger.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Whitbread

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Whitbread in Apr 2021

Interview

After applying you are asked to complete some online tests, these were of average difficulty for finance graduate schemes this year. Successful completion of the tests lead to a video interview with a previous graduate, and if you are successful there you are invited to attend an assessment day (all online this year). The assessment day consisted of a group task with 7 other applicants, a presentation to a panel of 3 (topic given on the day with one hour to prepare), a Q&A with their current graduates and another interview with two previous graduates. I found the assessment day to be very enjoyable and the work culture seemed less formal and incredibly friendly.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to change a plan due to receiving new information.

Whitbread

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitbread

Interview

Easy to apply, I did through LinkedIn. After a call with talent partner I had interview scheduled within a week. The interview process was no nonsense and quite streamlined. I found interviewers personable and likable. What I didn't like was no feedback was provided afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Describe what happens when you open browser and load the page
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Whitbread (Liverpool, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

Starts off as viewing a slideshow with other interviewees & then goes onto 1-1s. You will then be contacted shortly afterwards within the same week usually. 1-1 interviews are very friendly and you give in your CV and answer some interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you’ve worked well in a team

Anonymous Employee in Ashford, Kent, South East England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Whitbread (Ashford, Kent, South East England, England, England) in Oct 2019

Interview

I applied for the job through Indeed and was invited to an interview the next day. The interview itself was very laid-back and friendly; it felt more like an informal chat than a formal interview. I was then invited to a three-hour trial shift later that week (6pm-9pm) where I shadowed someone else working on what's called grill, which was collecting finished dishes and serving them to the correct tables. I was told at the end of the trial shift that they would like to offer me the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunstable, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whitbread (Dunstable, England, England) in Sep 2019

Interview

2 face to face interviews. Then wait for the results. Their Agent then tried to bid-down the salary over the phone. I said no. Subsequently rejected with some strange feedback that I was not passionate about my work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whitbread (Cambridge, East of England, England, England) in May 2019

Interview

They asked me about employment history and myself. They asked about my education and why I would be a good fit for the company and then asked how many hours I can do and my availability.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Braintree, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Whitbread (Braintree, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

It was easy. Meeting with regional operation manager. After trial shift at one of the restaurants and then telephone interview with company director. Then got job offer and handbook. When you accept it you will receive info about your future induction. Company also cover all the expenses for you, hotel, car hire etc

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Interviews