61% would recommend to a friend
(1027 total reviews)
48% approve of CEO
Found 1,027 of over 1K reviews
Updated 5 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "A few nice people and that’s about it" (in 68 reviews)
- "A few friendly staff Early finishes" (in 34 reviews)
- "Its good pay and hours" (in 32 reviews)
- "Good benefits such as hotel discount but also discount at other companies through dedicated portal." (in 30 reviews)
- "Keep your own tips Great team" (in 29 reviews)
- "Long hours over contract which are not paid but as manager you have to be there when company needs" (in 66 reviews)
- "Too much rules and regulation led to poor management" (in 53 reviews)
- "If you get stuck with a bad manager there's not much you can do except wait it out." (in 31 reviews)
- "No work life balance even for hospitality" (in 22 reviews)
- "Poor training" (in 13 reviews)
- 3.027 Oct 2023Procurement ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearDunstable, England
Generally people I worked with were really nice and approachable and supportive. Made dealing with workload somewhat easier.
Incompetent management, lack of alignment at a leadership level, no clear accountability and responsibility for key business decisions. Inefficient processes, meaning you need to duplicate your efforts, significant inconsistencies what should be the same processes across different areas of the business, all making the job more challenging and difficult than it needs to be, adding burden to already busy workload. Ultimately the above creates a lot of waste across the organisation such as: time of people that work there through inefficient processes, wasted technology that never gets deployed, projects that constantly move timeline and go significantly over budget. Having said all that, management takes on too many projects at the same time and is unrealistic in terms of what can actually get done. People are overloaded with work which impacts the quality and often project have to be revisited as they are not delivered properly the first time.
- 4.05 Dec 2023Kitchen Team MemberCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsWales, England
Excellent benefits and discounts Amazing team
Long hours, short staffed. Have to work occasionally with little notice
- 5.025 Nov 2023Deputy Hotel ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsBirmingham, England
Good progression, flexible working, cares about employees, good internal networks and company communication
Understaffed and tight targets, Pay is low for managers, high pressure and long hours. Bad managers can fly under the radar.
- 2.013 Sept 2023Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsHolborn, England
Better salary than most other organisations in the UK for similar roles Employee discount for Premier Inn hotel bookings
No opportunity for growth whatsoever. People have been stuck in the same role for years. No visibility into what is happening in the management chain. Absolutely no transparency. Recent changes to Hybrid working policy indicates the business doesn't trust it's employees to work from home efficiently. You work for them and not with them. That is made very clear. Poor holiday policy. There is no feedback channel to communicate challenges. Rapidly changing teams with tons of people moving out of the organisation. Cross team communication is bad, and any changes to the way of working can take forever1
- 3.011 Sept 2023Digital AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearHolborn, England
- Fantastic pay and benefits - Good perks with discounted hotels - On the surface through their initiatives and motto seem a welcoming and friendly business
- Non existent onboarding to the digital team and business - A "hybrid" working policy which to me seems very parent-child (3 days in office and other 2 days at management discretion) - Some of the higher management are grossly incompetent and if you get on the wrong side of them are known to bully people out of the business - Offices like Whitbread court are in need of repair and refurbishment (which is planned)1
- 5.09 Nov 2023Sales ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDunstable, England
Great work life balance Company care about staff in many teams Great pay
Opera (new IT system) is terrible Many teams are worked too hard
Whitbread Reviews FAQs
Whitbread has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,088 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Whitbread to a friend and 52% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.
61% of Whitbread employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Whitbread 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.5 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.