William Grant & Sons Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 31 of over 31 interviews

Recruitment Agency15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY)

Interview

I was asked to interview with the company 6 times. I've never heard if that in my life. First was with HR, then a supervisor, then a manager, General council and head of finance. When that was over they asked me to speak with the supervisor again. They then ghosted me for two weeks until I finally got a response that I didn't get the job. The whole experience was upsetting because I basically put 8 hours of work jumping to fulfill every request for interviews. Normally a second interview is a good sign but not here. I was left confused and stressed out for weeks.

Interview Questions
  • if you were trapped on a desert island with your mother, best friend and spouse and could only rescue 2 who would it be and why?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Glasgow, Scotland, Scotland) in Aug 2021

Interview

First stage: 1-hour long Interview with two people from the team. The format is competency-based. Both take turns to ask questions about past jobs, achievements and how you deal with certain challenges. Second Stage: Interview with the Financial controller.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

The application process had 3 stages- CV and cover letter, phone interview and in-person interview. The phone interview was standard, however there were a few interesting technical questions, and some that involved general awareness. The in-person interview required knowledge of M&A deals in the sector.

Interview Questions
  • Standard questions about your past experiences, examples to support your skills, motivation to work in the company; Discussion of M&A deals in the sector

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

Clear process, feedback delivered at each stage, welcoming company. Initial call with HR, verbal reasoning test, invited to an interview which was structured well. Second interview involved a brand related test.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

situational, step process in outlining of handling the situation. Must be able to go through the steps in resolving the situation. Must use the STAR when answering these type of questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Girvan, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Girvan, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview was quite casual, more focussed on personality than technical knowledge. It became apparent quite quickly that they were looking for someone more experienced so once the questions were out the way the interviewer gave me plenty of feedback on my interview along with advice on how to get my career going. I couldn't have asked for more.

Interview Questions
  • if you were to start this role and were expected to get running immediately how would you go about it.

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons in Oct 2020

Interview

There was a three stage process it was quite a normal process the people team were helpful. I felt as though the interviewers were a nice enough bunch. The final part was an online maths and English excercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

I had a phone interview, which went okay. I felt like it was a younger recruiter on the phone who just had a basic set of questions that were obligatory for her to ask. She did not seem interested in any of the answers (though I felt very qualified if not over for this position).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

The first stage was a 20-minute phone interview to show a breadth of knowledge and technical understanding of the business, with a further technical face to face interview a month later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Submitted resume then was contacted by HR for a phone interview. HR interview was easy and took 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Interview took about one hour and was on the more difficult size as the manager asked multiple brain teasers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, explain experience, explain how you could apply your current role
Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Interviews