William Grant & Sons Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

William Grant & Sons Interview Questions

Interviews at William Grant & Sons

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons.

Interview

I had a phone interview, which went okay. I felt like it was a younger recruiter on the phone who just had a basic set of questions that were obligatory for her to ask. She did not seem interested in any of the answers (though I felt very qualified if not over for this position).

Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons in September 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward interview, mainly wanted to know about past experiences as a process engineer. Took place in a relaxing environment with emphasis on a welcoming first impression and interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: What was a situation where you took control of an event that got out of hand?   Answer Question

CPA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

I met with the recruiter, and then the manager, and then the director and a colleague. The whole process including meeting with the Recruiter to the interviews with the company took about almost 2 months

Interview Questions

• You are stranded on a deserted island with your mom, best friend and significant other. You are the driver of the boat and only have room for 2 people; who do you leave behind and why?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The interview process was a phone screen by a recruiter and then on site visit with the Head of HR. I had to reach out numerous times to find out if there was any status at all on the role and never got a response back as a courtesy. It was definitely very unprofessional on company's behalf.

Freelance Events Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

I was brought in by a former coworker who was already working for the company and, because of this, and did not have a formal interview. While the job itself is highly professional, the vetting process is somewhat casual––they rely more on personal recommendations than formal interviews. Easy as pie.

Interview Questions

• They're always looking for passionate people and are constantly asking their employees what their favorite new spirits and cocktail trends are. They asked me about my prior experience and what I liked and didn't like about the various positions I'd held in the past. After that, it was all about availability.   1 Answer

FIN Ad Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Maitland, FL (US)) in March 2009.

Interview

Performed one or more multiple financial activities within various finance job functions. Compiles and reviews budgets using actual performance, previous budget figures, estimated revenue, expense reports, and other data sources to control funds and provide for proper financial administration. Performs multiple financial cost analyses functions, including cost allocation, setting up cost control systems, collecting data, controlling costs and preparing reports that maintain the company's cost accounting system. Ensures that costs are allocated according to established procedures. Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as disbursements, expenses, tax payments, and income.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons.

Interview

The first stage was a 20-minute phone interview to show a breadth of knowledge and technical understanding of the business, with a further technical face to face interview a month later.

Learning and Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellshill, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Bellshill, Scotland) in March 2019.

Interview

It's a competency based interview, using STAR technique to give examples for the essential skills required for the role applied for. It's a good idea to prepare on the company values, history and be able to justify why you are applying.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a situation when you had to change the usual way you worked?   Answer Question

Process Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellshill, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Bellshill, Scotland) in January 2019.

Interview

I was referred for the role through a current employee.
    Initial screening phone call with HR to confirm interest and suitability for the role followed by two rounds of interviews plus 2 SHL tests for numeracy and language comprehension.
    First interview was competency based with HR and senior manager - providing examples of key skills required in the role description.
    2nd interview was with 2 senior managers and less formal, looking more at company fit and my broader background.
    Overwhelming impression from interviews was it was as much about the interviewers showcasing the company to me as much as me trying to impress them - definitely a 2 way conversation which was great and made for a relaxed atmosphere.
    Only drawback to the whole process was the length of time it took to complete so had to be patient.

Recruitment Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (London, England) in October 2018.

Interview

After the phone interview they were very eager to get me into the office almost the day after. I rescheduled my agenda and invested money into travelling to their premises which is what one does when there is an opportunity to get a job. I found the interview to be quite odd and there wasn't as much enthusiasm as on the phone. They looked at me quite weird as if they expected someone else. I wonder if this has to do with the colour of my skin as my name and birthplace would indicate that I am white which I am not. The interview went well in the sense that I clearly had all the skills and experience they were looking for. We left it with them coming back to me the day after. I waited a few days after hearing nothing and then emailed for an update, I was told to be given this tomorrow. We are now a week from the day i have interviewed for a role that was supposed to be ''urgent'' and i still have not heard anything, not even after they gave me two dates of when to receive feedback which has expired a long time ago. Extremely rude company! Even if one is not willing to offer a candidate, you still owe them feedback. When someone has changed their agenda and spent money to travel to your offices, this is the least you can do. Given that they are a lot smaller than their competitors (who i worked for) and do not have offices which promote a fun, modern work environment, I don't think they are in the position to act this way at all. I would definitely not recommend this company as an employer.

Interview Questions

• Basic CV questions, some competency based questions and job related questions.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.