William Grant & Sons Interview Questions

Updated 6 May 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 28 of over 28 interviews

Recruitment Agency16%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at William Grant & Sons

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

Clear process, feedback delivered at each stage, welcoming company. Initial call with HR, verbal reasoning test, invited to an interview which was structured well. Second interview involved a brand related test.

Interview Questions
  • Various, experience, CBI, salary expectations
    Answer Question

William Grant & Sons

Application

I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

situational, step process in outlining of handling the situation. Must be able to go through the steps in resolving the situation. Must use the STAR when answering these type of questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Girvan, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Girvan, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2021

Interview

The interview was quite casual, more focussed on personality than technical knowledge. It became apparent quite quickly that they were looking for someone more experienced so once the questions were out the way the interviewer gave me plenty of feedback on my interview along with advice on how to get my career going. I couldn't have asked for more.

Interview Questions
  • if you were to start this role and were expected to get running immediately how would you go about it.

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons in Oct 2020

Interview

There was a three stage process it was quite a normal process the people team were helpful. I felt as though the interviewers were a nice enough bunch. The final part was an online maths and English excercise.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

I had a phone interview, which went okay. I felt like it was a younger recruiter on the phone who just had a basic set of questions that were obligatory for her to ask. She did not seem interested in any of the answers (though I felt very qualified if not over for this position).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

William Grant & Sons

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons

Interview

The first stage was a 20-minute phone interview to show a breadth of knowledge and technical understanding of the business, with a further technical face to face interview a month later.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Submitted resume then was contacted by HR for a phone interview. HR interview was easy and took 30 minutes. I was then scheduled for an in person interview with the hiring manager. Interview took about one hour and was on the more difficult size as the manager asked multiple brain teasers.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, explain experience, explain how you could apply your current role

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland) in Mar 2019

Interview

It's a competency based interview, using STAR technique to give examples for the essential skills required for the role applied for. It's a good idea to prepare on the company values, history and be able to justify why you are applying.

Interview Questions
  • Can you give an example of a situation when you had to change the usual way you worked?

Anonymous Employee in Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (Bellshill, Scotland, Scotland) in Jan 2019

Interview

I was referred for the role through a current employee. Initial screening phone call with HR to confirm interest and suitability for the role followed by two rounds of interviews plus 2 SHL tests for numeracy and language comprehension. First interview was competency based with HR and senior manager - providing examples of key skills required in the role description. 2nd interview was with 2 senior managers and less formal, looking more at company fit and my broader background. Overwhelming impression from interviews was it was as much about the interviewers showcasing the company to me as much as me trying to impress them - definitely a 2 way conversation which was great and made for a relaxed atmosphere. Only drawback to the whole process was the length of time it took to complete so had to be patient.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at William Grant & Sons (London, England, England) in Oct 2018

Interview

After the phone interview they were very eager to get me into the office almost the day after. I rescheduled my agenda and invested money into travelling to their premises which is what one does when there is an opportunity to get a job. I found the interview to be quite odd and there wasn't as much enthusiasm as on the phone. They looked at me quite weird as if they expected someone else. I wonder if this has to do with the colour of my skin as my name and birthplace would indicate that I am white which I am not. The interview went well in the sense that I clearly had all the skills and experience they were looking for. We left it with them coming back to me the day after. I waited a few days after hearing nothing and then emailed for an update, I was told to be given this tomorrow. We are now a week from the day i have interviewed for a role that was supposed to be ''urgent'' and i still have not heard anything, not even after they gave me two dates of when to receive feedback which has expired a long time ago. Extremely rude company! Even if one is not willing to offer a candidate, you still owe them feedback. When someone has changed their agenda and spent money to travel to your offices, this is the least you can do. Given that they are a lot smaller than their competitors (who i worked for) and do not have offices which promote a fun, modern work environment, I don't think they are in the position to act this way at all. I would definitely not recommend this company as an employer.

Interview Questions
  • Basic CV questions, some competency based questions and job related questions.
1 person found this interview helpful