Wiltshire Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Wiltshire Council

2.5

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Chippenham, South West England, England) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a presentation based interview to a panel of senior managers. The presentation was to be delivered without the use of PowerPoint and was to last for 15 minutes. Following the presentation I was questioned about what I had delivered.
    The rest of the interview was question and answers from each of the panel.
    The interview last approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of building and maintaining positive relationships with your community. What are the challenges and how will you over come these?   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in February 2017.

Interview

I was invited in to County Hall to give a presentation in front of a panel of two, the presentaiton was to tie in with the role I was applying for. The questions were in depth, and focussed on competencies to start off with, before becoming more informal.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in October 2014.

Interview

It was pre determined who would get the job, there was a basic set of questions but most recruitment is already decided internally. External interviews are more fair. This process was a CV submit before a 7 question interview half of which are competency based questions designed to show the councils behaviours however unless the line manager is very lazy there is little benefit to revising these behaviours

Interview Questions

• How does trust and respect match the councils objectives   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is possible, it is always the lowest salary point

Library Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council.

Interview

20 minutes of questions with 2 interviewers mostly based around the behavioural framework and customer service. Highly focused on 'community' aspect of the job. Interview followed by an ICT test, testing research, accuracy and presentation skills.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Wiltshire Council Response

6 Oct 2017 – Strategic HR Manager

Thanks for the interview feedback. Have you registered on our jobs.wiltshire.gov.uk careers website for any job alerts which may be of further interest?

Support Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in April 2019.

Interview

Standard interview procedure - apply online and if successful the next stage is interview. The interview process is not hard at all. What is more frustrating is that there is a lack of communication between staff with personal documents being lost for the DBS. Then there was the staff holidays and so some paperwork had to be done twice. It would have took a lot longer if I wasnt persistant.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in July 2016.

Interview

An assessment centre day- interview, written task, presentation and group task. We had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a pre-set topic which was presented to two employees, there was a small group task, a timed written task and a panel interview. It was challenging but was done in a supportive environment.

Communications Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council.

Interview

Panel interview with 3 interviewers. Interview consisted of questions based on behaviours preceded by a short test on writing a communications plan for a scenario. Was made to wait a long time before being asked to go into the room.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have suggested changes to your role to your manager in order to ensure an improved service to a customer or client   Answer Question

Commissioning & Contract Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Application on line - invite to interview. Presentation given at interview. Plenty of time to prepare before hand.
    3 persons at interview. positive experience.
    Interview took place on time in a good environment. I was well structured and the panel were freindly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the challenges were in my 1st year in post.   1 Answer

Planning Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by two Planning Officers. Ask questions you would expect such as "Why are you interested in the role", "Describe a time you worked in a team", "Describe a time you used effective communication", "Describe a time you resolved a complex situation and how". Around the half the interview was based on Wiltshire Councils "Behaviour Framework" - (accessible before the interview). These questions were based on general themes such as "Trust and Respect", "Simplicity" etc. I was asked how I met each of these behaviours and provided examples. It lasted around 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• "Describe how you manage a number of different priorities"   1 Answer

Interim Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in February 2012.

Interview

Meeting to discuss the role and the recruiter was present with HR, discussion around skills and ability along with past career and what I could bring to the Council to support the Procurement Team in their aims and goals

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.