Wiltshire Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 6 Dec 2016

2.7

Environmental Policy Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippenham, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Chippenham, South West England, England) in September 2016.

Interview

Panel of two people. I was asked a series of behavioral based questions, for example "describe a situation in the workplace where you have worked on a project you are proud of", these questions were based on the Wiltshire Behavioural Framework which was sent in advance of the interview.
    The second half of the interview involved competency-based questions based on my understanding and knowledge of the role, for example "explain your understanding of the relevant legislation and policy involved with this role".
    At the interview I was told I would hear a decision the following week, they were very prompt to let me know their hiring decision which I really appreciated. They were also very helpful and communicative, providing me with useful feedback on my interview performance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in the workplace where you have worked on a project you are proud of
      Explain your understanding of the relevant legislation and policy involved with this role
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in July 2016.

Interview

An assessment centre day- interview, written task, presentation and group task. We had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a pre-set topic which was presented to two employees, there was a small group task, a timed written task and a panel interview. It was challenging but was done in a supportive environment.

Community Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Chippenham, South West England, England) in May 2015.

Interview

This was a presentation based interview to a panel of senior managers. The presentation was to be delivered without the use of PowerPoint and was to last for 15 minutes. Following the presentation I was questioned about what I had delivered.
    The rest of the interview was question and answers from each of the panel.
    The interview last approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have of building and maintaining positive relationships with your community. What are the challenges and how will you over come these?   Answer Question

Commissioning & Contract Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in January 2015.

Interview

Application on line - invite to interview. Presentation given at interview. Plenty of time to prepare before hand.
    3 persons at interview. positive experience.
    Interview took place on time in a good environment. I was well structured and the panel were freindly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the challenges were in my 1st year in post.   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in October 2014.

Interview

It was pre determined who would get the job, there was a basic set of questions but most recruitment is already decided internally. External interviews are more fair. This process was a CV submit before a 7 question interview half of which are competency based questions designed to show the councils behaviours however unless the line manager is very lazy there is little benefit to revising these behaviours

Interview Questions

• How does trust and respect match the councils objectives   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is possible, it is always the lowest salary point

Planning Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by two Planning Officers. Ask questions you would expect such as "Why are you interested in the role", "Describe a time you worked in a team", "Describe a time you used effective communication", "Describe a time you resolved a complex situation and how". Around the half the interview was based on Wiltshire Councils "Behaviour Framework" - (accessible before the interview). These questions were based on general themes such as "Trust and Respect", "Simplicity" etc. I was asked how I met each of these behaviours and provided examples. It lasted around 50 minutes.

Interview Questions

• "Describe how you manage a number of different priorities"   1 Answer

Interim Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England) in February 2012.

Interview

Meeting to discuss the role and the recruiter was present with HR, discussion around skills and ability along with past career and what I could bring to the Council to support the Procurement Team in their aims and goals

Interview Questions

• How would you analyse spend across multiple categories   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.