Wiltshire Council Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wiltshire Council

Wiltshire Council

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council

Interview

Presentation and questions - took about an hour. Panel were experienced and interested and enthusiastic and put me at ease. Overall it was an interesting and enjoyable experience for me.

Interview Questions
  • My experience in training and knowledge of models
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

Standard interview procedure - apply online and if successful the next stage is interview. The interview process is not hard at all. What is more frustrating is that there is a lack of communication between staff with personal documents being lost for the DBS. Then there was the staff holidays and so some paperwork had to be done twice. It would have took a lot longer if I wasnt persistant.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Wiltshire Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council

Interview

20 minutes of questions with 2 interviewers mostly based around the behavioural framework and customer service. Highly focused on 'community' aspect of the job. Interview followed by an ICT test, testing research, accuracy and presentation skills.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you provided excellent customer service?

Wiltshire Council

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council

Interview

Panel interview with 3 interviewers. Interview consisted of questions based on behaviours preceded by a short test on writing a communications plan for a scenario. Was made to wait a long time before being asked to go into the room.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you have suggested changes to your role to your manager in order to ensure an improved service to a customer or client

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England, England) in Feb 2017

Interview

I was invited in to County Hall to give a presentation in front of a panel of two, the presentaiton was to tie in with the role I was applying for. The questions were in depth, and focussed on competencies to start off with, before becoming more informal.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Wiltshire Council

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Chippenham, South West England, England, England) in Sep 2016

Interview

Panel of two people. I was asked a series of behavioral based questions, for example "describe a situation in the workplace where you have worked on a project you are proud of", these questions were based on the Wiltshire Behavioural Framework which was sent in advance of the interview. The second half of the interview involved competency-based questions based on my understanding and knowledge of the role, for example "explain your understanding of the relevant legislation and policy involved with this role". At the interview I was told I would hear a decision the following week, they were very prompt to let me know their hiring decision which I really appreciated. They were also very helpful and communicative, providing me with useful feedback on my interview performance.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a situation in the workplace where you have worked on a project you are proud of Explain your understanding of the relevant legislation and policy involved with this role
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England, England) in Jul 2016

Interview

An assessment centre day- interview, written task, presentation and group task. We had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on a pre-set topic which was presented to two employees, there was a small group task, a timed written task and a panel interview. It was challenging but was done in a supportive environment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chippenham, South West England, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Chippenham, South West England, England, England) in May 2015

Interview

This was a presentation based interview to a panel of senior managers. The presentation was to be delivered without the use of PowerPoint and was to last for 15 minutes. Following the presentation I was questioned about what I had delivered. The rest of the interview was question and answers from each of the panel. The interview last approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have of building and maintaining positive relationships with your community. What are the challenges and how will you over come these?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England, England) in Jan 2015

Interview

Application on line - invite to interview. Presentation given at interview. Plenty of time to prepare before hand. 3 persons at interview. positive experience. Interview took place on time in a good environment. I was well structured and the panel were freindly and professional.

Interview Questions
  • What I thought the challenges were in my 1st year in post.

Anonymous Employee in Trowbridge, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Wiltshire Council (Trowbridge, England, England) in Oct 2014

Interview

It was pre determined who would get the job, there was a basic set of questions but most recruitment is already decided internally. External interviews are more fair. This process was a CV submit before a 7 question interview half of which are competency based questions designed to show the councils behaviours however unless the line manager is very lazy there is little benefit to revising these behaviours

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews