Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Workday Interview Questions

Interviews at Workday

2.8

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

A phone interview was conducted approximately 15-25 minutes, after a few days the recruiter scheduled an on-site interview . A scheduler will reach out to you to cover attire and whom you'll be meeting. There was 8 people on the list with titles/positions. During the interview you met with manager's in pairs and interviewed with two people at a time throughout the 2-hour block. Asked personality questions and interests throughout each one. Some questions were the same and some differ between each interview group.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Explain a time when you've encountered a disagreement, conflict, or problem with a client or boss.   2 Answers

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

HR found my resume through my business school and contacted me for an interview. The first round was a 45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, who invited me on-site at the end of the call. Two days before the on-site, the recruiter called to give me an overview of each interviewer and what to expect. She told me that the team had already interviewed 100 people for this role and hadn't liked anyone. Then she pressured me to say I would accept an offer within 24 hours if I received one. The night before the interview she emailed me to say "btw sorry I explicitly said there wouldn't be any long, formal case questions. The team has decided to ask you at least one. Sorry!" The on-site included 5 interviews with everyone on the corporate strategy team. The first interview was very combative; he asked questions like "so you didn't work at McKinsey or Goldman Sachs, so how could you possibly know the right frameworks to use?" The next two interviews were completely unstructured, chitty chat BS; you'd think that a company that claims to be revolutionizing HR would know that studies show unstructured interviews are virtually useless in assessing candidates. The next two interviews were a wintry mix of fit and behavioral questions. I didn't get a single case/hypothetical question for a CORPORATE STRATEGY interview, despite being told the night before that I would be. 2 days after the recruiter said I would receive a decision (normally not unreasonable, but they were demanding I respond in 24 hours if I received an offer), I got a form rejection email from HR ("thank you for your interest in Workday..."). I ended up taking an offer from Google instead. Maybe second only to the time a startup CEO sexually harassed me in the middle of an interview, this was the worst and most unprofessional recruiting experience I've had in my career. Despite being interested in the company before this experience, I will never interview with Workday agree.

Interview Questions

• How would you evaluate whether it's a good idea to expand into India?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was a very positive and straightforward process. There were a series of interviews with about 7-8 different people. Most of the interviews were focused on culture fit and being able to explain technical problems clearly. There was also a tech test, which required understanding OO concepts and UML diagramming.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to apply for the application developer position as opposed to the traditional software development position?   3 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Met with a recruiter on campus who expressed interest in me. I received a call that night for an on campus interview the next day. The interview was roughly 30 minutes and focused around some object oriented design. I heard back in about 2 weeks that I would move onto final round interviews.

My recruiter was fantastic and very helpful in organizing everything. The full day interview is very long, lasting from 8:00AM - 4:00PM. There was a 1 hour technical interview which focused on UML and object oriented design. The rest was cultural fit and behavioral questions. As a Master's student with a good sense of what I want to do and what I'm passionate about, the behavioral part was a breeze. Everyone was also really on board with the Workday mission and I could tell it was a company where people loved their work and were proud of it. The rest of the day was learning about Workday, its culture, and other comp. and benefits details.

I received a verbal offer after 2 weeks. Because of my Masters degree and the VP of my division expressing interest in me, I was bumped up to Senior Associate Applications Developer. I negotiated the cash salary a little further and then accepted the offer. I can't wait to start!

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult. Design a Netflix queue with UML.   2 Answers

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a university career fair and had an on-campus interview soon after. My interviewer was very friendly and clear about what the job entails, as well as what I should expect at the on-site interview. The on-site interview was about 3 hours long with 5 interviewers. The interviewers were all really welcoming and seemed happy. It was definitely more of a collaborative interview than some I've had before, in that the interviewers seemed interested in answering my questions. It felt a lot like they wanted me to succeed, rather than test me and try to make me mess up. Overall, it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I went to a college job fair and talked to one of the recruiting teams. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from the team I talked with, however my friend who works there referred me to all positions.
    Four weeks later, I got an email saying they were reviewing my application.

A day later, I received an email asking for me to contact them to see if I was available for a phone interview.
    I got a 30 minute phone interview a few days later. The interviewer was extremely nice and we connected pretty well. He asked me about background info, my resume, and my projects. He also asked me if I had experience in Java and knew information about OOP and UML.

That following week I got a follow up from my recruiter.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Workday (New York, NY (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

2 Interviews, 1 about your experience (They want to feel your enthusiasm) and is meant to take about 30 minutes. We initially focused on my major, and why I want to work at Workday, but we quickly shifted to talking about our interests, and he started telling me about himself too. They are very friendly and try to make you feel as comfortable as possible. The other was a bunch of logical/reasoning questions.

Interview Questions

• You are in a room with 2 iron rods, 1 is magnetized, the other one isn't. There are no other metals in the room. How do you figure out which one is magnetized.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Had good contact with corporate recruiters the whole time. Was contacted for a phone screen, and I guess they liked me. I ended up at an on-site interview, which was a pretty intense multi-hour affair with 6+ people coming in for 1 on 1s. Was very comfortable atmosphere, not intimidating and gave a good feel for the culture and type of people there. Technical portion was limited to whiteboard design questions/process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at workday?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Went through GW program. Had on site interview after meeting at career fair on campus. Then flown out to Pleasanton and was there from 7:45 - 4:00 on Friday. Had four 30 minute interviews and a 1 hour technical. Got offer 10 days later.

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I had one 20 minute phone call to make sure I was a real person, and that I had the basic skills I had posted on my resume. Then a 1 hour technical interview. All accepted interns hear back late march or early April after the background check was completed.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.