Zayo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Zayo Interview Questions

Interviews at Zayo

2.4

Summer Internship Program Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. Had a total of two interviews. One with a recent hire who was a part of the internship program the year or two before and the other was with someone working in a higher position.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2020.

Interview

I submitted an application which was followed by a phone screen with recruiter. Next, interview with hiring manager, 3 hour technical challenge, follow up interview with team. Fairly standard interview process for developer role.

Interview Questions

• Mainly object oriented programming questions and some database questions.   Answer Question

OSP Project Manager Interview

Interview

Not a lot of substance or thought it seemed from the interviewer. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. No follow up or feedback from the company. Just seemed like they were going thru the motion and not really looking for a hire.

Interview Questions

• What experience and customers have you worked for?   1 Answer

People Operations Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

Had a phone screen with recruiter who expressed a lot of enthusiasm that I was a solid candidate for the role. During my 30-min. interview with the hiring manager, I was told to my face that the hiring manager made the decision to move forward with hiring. Was given a call afterward by the in-house recruiter who said, "I wanted to extend my congratulations!" Then: heard nothing. After checking in 5 days later, I was told they were finishing the final interviews that week. TWO WEEKS LATER, I got an automatic email from their HRIS saying they decided to go in a different direction. I have recruited in the past, and have never seen this kind of move pulled. Feeling like I definitely dodged a bullet here with this level of deceit!

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo in September 2020.

Interview

1. Call with recruiter
    2. Video call with the team
    3. Case study
    4. Video call with manager

The interview process was easy, but I saw some red flags right away. First, every single person I spoke to called me a diversity hire to my face. Threw me off and gave the impression that I was only being considered because I wasn't a straight, white male. Second, the video call with the team was disorganized. People were late, and they kept asking me the same question over and over. They left me exactly one minute to ask them questions. Showed how little they valued my time. When I had my final interview with the manager, he would ask me a question, check his emails, and not listen. Everyone is busy (and I understand that), but at least have the decency to not visibly check your phone when your video camera is turned on

Interview Questions

• 1. Why financial analysis?
      2. Explain VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
      3. How are your excel skills?
      4. Explain how income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows connect   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Brief 30m initial phone screen with the manager, then full behavioral quasi-interview with the team, only to get ghosted after by the hiring manager.

The interview in question was 30 minutes with the team (entire team), which was more of a show-and-tell for HM. There were 5 minutes dedicated for questions aimed at the candidate.

Not a positive experience.

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Pretty simple, video interview with the Manager of the position, then a second round with 4 members of the team who asked generic questions.

Ultimately I was ghosted and never heard anything after the second interview (seems to be the norm for them, I guess the reviews of this company are correct).

Interview Questions

• Greatest Strengths
      What motivates you
      Tell me what your ideal day looks like   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Zayo (Denver, CO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of an initial 15 minute phone call with a recruiter followed by 4 further zoom interviews with the person that would be the position's direct supervisor. Each follow-up interview was approximately one hour in length with the last 2 including potential team members hoping in and out of the zoom call.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with someone who won't take no for an answer when telling them you can't do what they asked?   1 Answer

Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone conversation with HR, which was pretty straight-forward. HR asked lots of resume questions with additional questions to make sure I understood the expectations associated with the role.

Interview Questions

• Lots of resume-related questions. What do you think will be the most difficult part of role?   Answer Question

Finance & Accounting Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boulder, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zayo (Boulder, CO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Found the listing on Built In CO, submitted my resume and cover letter. I was contacted within 2-3 weeks (during the middle of March while the pandemic was going down). Zoom screen with HR rep who runs the intern program followed by a Zoom meeting with FP&A director. The first interview was pretty basic behavioral questions. The second interview had questions about accounting principles in it; overall a conversation to gauge where you are at and what you want to get out of the summer internship.

Interview Questions

• Which of the three financial statements are most important? Why?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.