Zurich North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Zurich North America Interview Questions

Interviews at Zurich North America

2.8

Financial Analyst - Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

Rigorous process. Total of 6-8 week process. 1st interview with the recruiter then the final round. The final round is an entire day of interviews by four different VP's from the company. They want authentic responses and preferably ones from work experience, not school. Don't try to impress by what you think they want to hear -they will see right through it.

Interview Questions

• Change and Diversity:
      How are you with change?
      How have you implemented a change in your personal life?
      Give a time you have spoken up for someone.   Answer Question
    • Situational:
      Have ever trained other people? How did you go about it?
      Do you prefer taking the lead or letting others take it?
      Give me a time that you had to use resilience and tenacity?
      Was your patience learned or were you born with it?   Answer Question
    • Project Management:
      Your strengths and weaknesses in project management   Answer Question
    • Technical:
      What's going on in the insurance industry in the news?
      What's going on in the finance industry in the news?
      What's going on with Zurich in the news?
      What is the insurance company's second-biggest expense?
      What are the four financial statements and how do they relate to one another?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Schaumburg, IL (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Very friendly. very convenient and it was 1 hour long remote interview on google teams due to COVID19. all three managers from different departments who interviewed me were great and understanding. we connected very well.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time where you had to work with an unhappy and raging customer.   1 Answer

Risk Engineer Interview

Interview

I went through a phone screen with HR, then had a phone interview with the hiring manager the next day. I was told by the hiring manager that he would like me to come in for an in-person interview and I was in the process of scheduling that interview with HR. Then I get an email saying I'm no longer being considered for the position as "the hiring manager had decided to pursue other candidates whose qualifications more closely match this position" when I have ALL of the preferred qualifications on the job description and I'm a veteran.

7.6% of the US population are veterans and only 2% of the employees at Zurich are veterans. Think about that. I'm not saying I'm entitled to the position, but don't advertise that you care about veterans when you don't back it up.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to explain complicated information in layman's terms...   Answer Question

Data Science Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America.

Interview

The whole process took about 3 weeks. One Hr phone screening, next round is Behavioral phone & Technical video interview by two different team members. Not sure if there is any other rounds after.

Interview Questions

• Can you share an experience when you had a conflict with your colleague, and you need to persuade them to accpet your opinion.   Answer Question
    • Can you share an experience when you need to step up to be a leader?     Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

First round was a phone screen interview and second round was a phone call with different members of the team you would be working with during the summer. Then if the team believed you would be a good fit, the recruiter would call you and offer you the position.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment in college thus far?   Answer Question

Underwriter Account Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Horrible, I wouldn't work for this company because their HR Department is horrible. Don't tell the potential client to wait on an email from your third party company for the next step in the recruitment process, when you have no intentions of hiring the party. I watched for that email since the beginning of October and just got a email that I didn't get the position. I didn't get the second interview when she stated I would. How unprofessional!!!!!!

Interview Questions

• Simply Questions about your skills.   1 Answer

Claims Handling Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodstock, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Woodstock, GA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was kind of intense but smooth. I was contacted to have a phone interview with a recruiter. She asked behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. From there I was selected to move on to the face to face interview. During the interview me and about 3 other candidates first had lunch and then you break up and interview with different claims managers for about an hour. The interviews are based on different things. Technical, Leadership, Project Management, and Conflict Resolution. They want to see how you interact with others so try and make small conversation with the other candidates and the managers during the lunch. I was contacted the next day and told I would be offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is something currently going on in the insurance industry?   Answer Question
    • What issues do you see the insurance company having to overcome in the next few years?   Answer Question
    • What is your favorite excel shortcut?   1 Answer

Positive Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Independence, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Independence, OH (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I really enjoyed the interviewing process at Zurich. The recruiter was extremely communicative. It was easy to schedule my interviews with different individuals in the department. Though I did not receive an offer the recruiter and the regional manager clearly explained the decision. I wish all companies treated prospective employees with such care.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Interview

Phone interview then later scheduled for in person interview. Then after in person interview I never hear from them again. Zurich should at least have the decency to email candidates saying they were not selected and they have chosen someone else.

Interview Questions

• just basic overview of me going over my experience and the interviewer going over basics of what job would entail. Very easy and laid back. pay is low for the boston area however.   Answer Question

Underwriting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Zurich North America (Atlanta, GA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Getting an interview was not that easy, applied for several job postings. But as soon as a recruiter contacted me for the initial phone interview the process was fairly easy. Had two interviews and received an offer approximately 1 month after.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time where you were assigned to a special work group. What were your responsibilities and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.