dunnhumby Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

dunnhumby Interview Questions

Interviews at dunnhumby

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Grand Rapids, MI (US)).

Interview

I had a good interview experience! Even though it took longer than normal due to Covid, I had regular communication from the dunnhumby team to let me know that they hadn't forgotten about me and to plan out next steps.

Client Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Austin, TX (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Started off with a screening call with HR then a following interview with the team. Finally was given a case study and had a week to complete and present back to the team. Once offered the position, have to pass a background and a drug screen.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

an online test screen. a phone interview. and then invited for a flyout. interview with about 4 to 5 persons. Most questions are easy and behavioral-oriented. Some questions are challenging.

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

Location: USA

I heard back from a recruiter about a month after applying, but it was approx. 3 weeks after that I ended up speaking with them about the role and was told after I could expect to hear back within a week. Almost 2 weeks later I followed up after not receiving a response and was invited to a phone conversation with the hiring manager and submitted availability as requested. I did not receive confirmation or hear back for another week and had to follow up again, at which point I was told the position was filled, but there was another opening and I spoke with that manager about a week after that. Following that call, I was invited to an in person, about two months after submitting an application.

I was asked to complete a data analysis exercise for this in-person, but the download link I received did not work. I then received the materials via email after getting back in touch with the hiring team. The in-person day was also very disorganized: not only were the titles of the individuals with whom I was meeting inaccurate on the agenda, but there were multiple schedule/interviewer changes not reflected in the information I was given. From there, it only got worse: three back to back sessions, two of which I felt as if my interviewers did not believe the skills and experience on my resume, and asked me many technical questions with no indication as to how they applied directly to the role. I was given almost no opportunity across the three sessions/three hours to ask questions, and when I did ask about basics on the role, team, etc, my interviewers could not answer them as none were on that team and the manager was located out of state. After my final session I was let go with no indication as to next steps, timeframe etc. Very frustrating, and left me with many more questions than I had before the interview.

A little over a week later I got a phone message from a completely different HR person informing me that I was not selected for the position, but that there were other openings that would be a good fit. I then left a phone message in response indicating interest in discussing these roles, but never got a response.

Weeks after this, I received an email from the original recruiter informing me that I had not been selected for the position, again. I then got another canned rejection email for another position with the company to which I had never submitted an application. Upon responding to this, I was informed that this was technology related, and not due to errors on their end which by this point I found humorous-- not accepting responsibility for this mix up seems like a perfectly fitting close to easily the most sloppy, unprofessional, unnecessarily long/drawn-out and straight-up negative interview processes I've experienced.

Given the current state of the quant job market, my recommendation would be to stay away from dunnhumby and invest the time and effort into companies who have their acts together and are respectful of job candidates and their time.

Interview Questions

• Straightforward technical questions on statistics, technology, R programming   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

first round is a quick phone interview with HR, check with basic requirements, it is only about 15 minutes. the second round is with the director of the department, went through more details on the resume. People are very nice and HR is very responsive. The process is very professional.

Lead Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)).

Interview

Had an initial phone screen and was asked to come in on short notice the very next day. I had no problem with that and accommodated. The first in person interview was with a department head followed by another interview with the hiring manager and another associate. After those interviewers the recruiter said I will hear back in 2 weeks. About after 2.5 weeks I followed up to find out the status. Never got a reply back! Never even got a rejection call or email either....just nothing. Had to see the position was taken down to finally get some closure that I did not get the job. That shows a definite lack in professionalism in my opinion. They promote work hard play hard but I guess that comes at the expense of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Questions mostly regarding day to day activities. Not many behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. The questions were not that difficult and I was asked to come in for an in person interview. The interview as broken up into three 45 minute sections. One section was just like a normal interview. The remaining sections were for a case study. We had 45 minutes to prepare the given case study and then 45 minutes to present it. This was the most difficult past of the interview. I wasn't sure if the responses I was giving were the ones they were looking for and the person that was conducting the interview didn't have much to say.

Interview Questions

• How could you determine the amount of soft drinks Kroger sold in a year   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

They came to campus for first round interviews. Next day they contacted me for a final office interview for the next week. Final interview involved a 45 min case study, 45 minute group interview, and a standard 45 minute one on one interview. They do a good job of paying for your travel expenses.

Market Analysis Interview

Interview

got a email from HR and asked to take a assessment test. Test was easy. the day after that got a phone interview from them. Questions have nothing to do with statistics. all related to business.

Interview Questions

• If you were the manager and would like to open a kroger in the town you lived in, what factors you may considers for choosing the location   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at dunnhumby.

Interview

Applied online through campus recruiting, talked to recruiters at career fair, and went to call out event. Also took an IQ-like test as part of the application.

I got an interview on campus (seems like for people at smaller schools this tends to be a phone interview) where they asked me about my experience with using excel and other data analysis tools. Being able to code was definitely a plus.

I was asked to go for a second round interview at their HQ in Cincinnati. They're building a new one set to open this summer, but they showed us around anyway. We had to do a case interview, behavioral interview, and group task for the actual interview.

Waited a couple weeks and received a call that I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your favorite sport in 10 steps or less as thoroughly as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

non-negotiable. salary is good for marketing.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.