iCracked Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

iCracked Interview Questions

Interviews at iCracked

2.1

Acct Executive Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at iCracked in September 2017.

Interview

Great team that I was able to meet. I thought they were straight forward and would love to work in that environment! I thought they had the right people in the room and loved the questions they asked.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your interests are and why did you apply here?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at iCracked (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. She was ten minutes late for the phone interview and got the feeling she had not reviewed my resume prior to the call. After two weeks of not hearing back from them, she asked me to provide a four hour block of time I could come in for an onsite. Waited another week before hearing back from her with an interview scheduled for a date I had not provided. The morning of, she emailed me saying the interview was cancelled due my limited experience in consumer marketing. I raised this in our initial conversation and was told it was not an issue.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for iCracked?   Answer Question
    • What are your current KPIs?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a project that didn't have the results you wanted. Why did that happen and what would you do differently now?   Answer Question

iCracked Response

29 Mar 2017 – People Operations Manager

Hey there, we're sorry the timing of your interview experience wasn't ideal. Following your feedback, we've taken into consideration some bottlenecks in our process and are confident our candidate experience will improve from here. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review as it will help us get better. Thanks and best of luck.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at iCracked (Redwood City, CA (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Their HR coordinator strung me along for a long time. They eventually scheduled an interview. After
    The interview they told me they'd get back to me later in the week but to "call if I didn't hear anything". How unprofessional!

I wasn't really interested after the interview. It felt like a company made up of frat boys and the office smelled. I had already accepted another position by the time I heard from them, almost three weeks later.

Overall iCracked made a very poor impression on me.

Interview Questions

• Talk about an experience where you changed the course of the product.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCracked (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The employees were disorganized and unprofessional. The CEO was especially unimpressive; to say he was distracted would be an understatement. Overall, I found the culture to be bro-y and uninclusive.

iCracked has a catchy name, but ultimately, given the caliber of the leadership team, I'd be surprised if they make it much further. There is no barrier to entry and they offer a commodity service.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my personal life...and mostly talked at me. It was not very strategic or constructive.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iCracked (Fresno, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

It consisted of a phone call of about half an hour with a recruiter. It's not an interview, it's a sale pitch, so the questions were mostly mine to them, rather than the other way around. They oversell the opportunity — I specifically asked if there were a lot of dispatches in my area that were going unanswered, and was assured that there were. In fact, in a typical week, I saw fewer than a dozen dispatches on average.

Considering the high prices you need to charge — their parts are good quality, but they don't give you any sort of a wholesale break, unlike iFixit — you're not going to be able to turn the majority of dispatches into sales.

They sell "Starter Kits", rather than simply selling their training and certification, so you're pretty much obliged to buy tools that you may already have, and they'll ship you parts you'll never, ever use. They also equivocate about the nature of the job, and fail to mention the costs you'll need to incur outside of the payment to iCracked, like getting the BEAR license required to do small device repairs in California. Seeing that they're based in California, they should be upfront about this kind of thing.

Interview Questions

• "Would you be thinking of doing this full-time?"   1 Answer

Expansion Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at iCracked in July 2015.

Interview

I applied and received an email a few months later regarding a phone screening. The phone call went very well, and I was told they wanted to bring me in for an onsite to speak with the rest of the team members. I was told to email them my availability by the end of the day so we could get something on the books as they were looking to hire someone relatively soon. I emailed my interviewer that day with my availability and didn't hear back. I followed up with another email a couple of days later, and was told they were no longer considering my application with no explanation as to why they had told me they wanted me to come onsite just a few days earlier. Very confusing.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at iCracked in April 2015.

Interview

Applied on a whim, got a call a few days later. He asked me about my work experience and if I have ever done a remote position. He told me a bit about the job and said he liked me and wanted me to submit to a backround check. I submitted and a week later they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with phone sales?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at iCracked (Bellevue, WA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Scatty at best. I was interested in a partnership for lead generation so signed up to be contacted. Knowledgeable and well trained employee did a good job of leading the discussion and fully answering my questions. However after a lengthy conversation it just wasn't a mutual fit. (I would prefer to allocate my marketing resources elsewhere). I was primarily interested in iCracked as a means of lead generation. However, non exclusive distribution as well as the volume of traffic make it a less than perfect fit. I was also very surprised at how much the supplies are marked up. I can easily go online and buy both supplies and repair kits for significantly less than iCracked charges their technician partners. My contact explained the benefits of relationship and that their supplies come with a lifetime warranty, but so do just about every supplier (and at about 1/5th the price). After agreeing to part ways and to be spared of further contact I ended up being harassed by my expansion associate. Multiple phone calls and emails. To the point where I had to act uncomfortably demanding to avoid contact. If you're thinking of becoming a technician for iCracked I would recommend treading cautiously. Consider avoiding using your primary email and/or mobile number.

Interview Questions

• Did a good job of informing me of the company processes, but didn't qualify me in the slightest.   1 Answer

Do your research online to see all your options. There are plenty of ways to get into this industry. iCracked will be great for some, but definitely going to eat into your earning potential.

Engagement Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iCracked in September 2014.

Interview

I had two phone interviews, one with the Expansion Manager and one with the SVP of Sales. I would say the interview format was a bit different from others as they both kept on asking if I had questions for them, so you had to keep on asking them questions for 30-40 minutes. They were looking to hire very quickly and told me they would follow-up immediately. However, after the first interview, there was no contact for a week and after the second interview, no follow-up whatsoever to even tell me that they had moved on with other candidates.

Repair Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at iCracked.

Interview

I applied at 3:00 PM online, got a call at 3:15 that same day, talked with a very nice man. Very basic questions, passed me on to talk to his manager. He called three days later, gave me the offer, and background information. Very easy, didn't feel like an interview, very nice people.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.