iTech Media Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 21 of over 21 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at iTech Media

iTech Media

Application

I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

I got contacted by the tech recruiter and had a phone interview for about 40 mins. He asked me about my background, what I'm looking for and my tech experiences particularly.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Give me an example of a difficult problem you solved. How did you solve this problem?
    Answer Question

iTech Media

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

The whole process took 2 weeks from call with recruiter to offer. Very straight forward and everyone was genuinely super nice. Started with basic/typical recruiter screening questions then had a few rounds with different people to cover behavioural questions, live code review and values/culture-fit assessment.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations? Can you give an example where you can demonstrate the values of the company? Can you review this code with us?
1 person found this interview helpful

Sales Engineer

214 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very messy process. Didn't even hear back from them after 3 weeks. Extremely unclear on what the company does, even after spending time on their website. Almost looks sketchy.. Bad experience on my end, would not apply again.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

This was the nicest interview process I've ever had in my career. Extremely nice people and it's very obvious the company cares about the employees. I was very impressed. The HR reps were also very communicative and supportive throughout the process. The company is very values-driven, so they are looking for people who grasp what their values are and can give examples on how they have lived the same ethos in other roles. The process was: - 30min with HR (Phone screen) - 1h with Engineering Managers (Skills / Personality) - 1h30 with Engineering Manager and Tech Lead (Code Review) - 1h with Head of Engineering / CTO (Scenario / Behaviour) - 30min 1:1 with COO (Values)

Interview Questions
  • Can you give examples where you can demonstrate applying iTech values in your current or previous roles?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

A recruiter working at iTech sent me InMail and contacted me several times via email. At first I didn't respond but in the end I decided to learn more about it. There is a lot of secrecy in regards to the nature of what the company does. They don't openly advertise it. The recruiter told me 7 different titles (starting from Senior Staff engineer down to DevOps engineer) for this role and I did not get any information on how to prepare for the 1st interview by the external or internal recruiter. I did not get a job spec and the recruiter said they have been waiting for a job spec since last year. This is a lesson for me to never go to an interview again if they don't give information about the topics that we'll cover. In my 1:1 interview, they asked some basic questions and there was a systems design question. I wasn't expecting one, but I didn't mind having a discussion on this topic. As soon as I started answering the question, before even finishing my sentence, the interviewer INTERRUPTED ME and started asking questions that would ultimately lead to a secret question he had in his mind and was expecting me to answer that specific use case that happened at iTech media. I was trying to finish my sentences but was constantly getting interrupted by other questions changing the focus completely, and in the end the question was "how do you ensure the site stays live if someone deletes the load balancer?" I explained I wasn't familiar with this scenario and it never happened to me and shared my ideas. When I heard from the recruiter, he didn't tell me I was rejected, he told me I should apply for another role. I asked for feedback which I never received, and the recruiter insisted I wasn't rejected. Long story short, I went to an interview not knowing the job title or job spec, not knowing what technologies they used, I was constantly interrupted in the interview, the interviewer did not answer any of my questions (he said I will at the end but then he "forgot") and in the end the recruiter wouldn't admit I was rejected because he was hoping I would apply for another role. In the end, they sent me an email saying "we hope your interview process was smooth, give us feedback" etc. Maybe they have good culture as they claim on their website, but I don't recommend going through this process. My advice is to stop pressuring candidates. If they are interested, they will reply. There is no need to send follow up emails for over two months. It's annoying.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to leave your current company? What is your biggest flaw and what you did to address it? Previous experience Systems design question

iTech Media

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

Recruiter call to learn more about you, portfolio review with two teammates going over a couple of past projects, conversation with a design manager mostly going over your ideas about design as a discipline and a mini design exercise on a conceptual problem, and finally a short call with a leadership team member on company values.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Oct 2020

Interview

very well communicated, intense first interview but the people seemed nice but thorough. Presentation was at the beginning of the interview. Overall the process was a pleasant and positive one.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

The interview process fell in 3 stages: 1) Presenting a portfolio piece to two designers + asking questions, 2) Interview with the head of UX and doing a no-prep design challenge 3) Cultural fit interview with the COO and the Head of Product. During the entire process, I was in close contact with the internal recruiters who was there to inform me and answer any questions I might have

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to do a no-prep design challenge during the call with UX.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Aug 2020

Interview

I applied for another role and the Talent Acquisition Manager arranged a call to discuss this role that he thought I'd be better suited for. He spent a really good length of time speaking to me about what type of role I'm looking for, as well as providing an overview of the role on offer and the organisation. I then had a video interview with the hiring manager and another member of the team. It was a really friendly, positive experience and I got a good vibe about them, the team and the organisation. I received an email letting me know that they weren't going to progress shortly afterwards.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you've launched something in a really fun and creative way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jul 2020

Interview

These guys seem to have spoken to every single designer in London and they are definitely looking for a design unicorn. I personally had the displeasure to speak to 2 lads who could barely ask a decent question and 3 of my design friends also interviewed for this position. Where do I start? they want a UI designer who can basically do UX, research, branding, and an HR guy brief you in advance of what you should say and should not say during the interview. Then when you finally have the actual interview they seem to be interviewing for a UI design role only and don't seem to understand any stage of product design. They finally get back to you saying you don't fit in the company culture but they don't ask you any cultural questions but chitchat about a lot of things that really don't make sense. I know for a fact they are using different agencies and are also recruiting people alone but there's no designer in the world that are good enough to work with them, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME.

Interview Questions
  • If you could go outside and pick a leaf, what leaf would it be and why?
3 people found this interview helpful