iTech Media Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 25 of over 25 interviews

2.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at iTech Media

iTech Media

Application

I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

- Initial call with HR - First Interview with a Product Manager - Second Interview with a Product Manager and a Delivery Lead - Case Study - Interview with COO The whole process went pretty quick and took about a month from first contact to offer

Interview Questions
  • Your past roles, what you are looking for, your way of working. Case Study: given a specific company/product, analyse it and present how you would improve it
    Answer Question

iTech Media

Application

I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

Multiple interviews - fast paced interview process from start to finish. Good communication throughout the process. Interviewers were friendly and informative. Met a number of stakeholders across the business during the process.

Interview Questions
  • Range of competency based questions and technical questions.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=iTech Media~1573490
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

A recruiter intro call followed by three interview stages spread over 1 week (2nd and 3rd were back to back). 1st stage - hiring manager 2nd stage - engineering team 3rd stage - data science interview with case study I found the majority of the process a breeze and enjoyed speaking with the interviewers. However, I felt that there was not much interest from the hiring manager and data scientist in the final stage. They asked minimal questions about my case study and felt a little like they had made up their minds quite quickly. I felt that feedback passed on by the recruiter reflected this as they were not satisfied with knowledge in certain areas were I could have demonstrated experience and knowledge if they had asked more questions. In fairness I was still on the fence about the role at this final stage so did less leg work on the case study and they might just have picked up on this. Overall a good experience, but the role ended up not aligning with my preferences, and it was not until the end that I found out I would have largely been working on projects alone, and I wouldn't have accepted an offer as even at the end of the process I wasn't clear on exactly what the job scope was.

Interview Questions
  • Some questions around development processes in my current role (think Joel test). Engineering team members asked about knowledge of agile etc. DS interview questions mostly related to case study presentation with very little follow up.

iTech Media

Application

I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

I got contacted by the tech recruiter and had a phone interview for about 40 mins. He asked me about my background, what I'm looking for and my tech experiences particularly.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Give me an example of a difficult problem you solved. How did you solve this problem?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process involves meeting (virtually) many people, and talking through experience and beliefs. There's a focus on ability to do the job, but also on how you interact with others and how well you'd align with the values of the company.

Interview Questions
  • You can expect some of the standard interview questions, but in a conversational style. You can expect to meet your peers and some of the team.

iTech Media

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

The whole process took 2 weeks from call with recruiter to offer. Very straight forward and everyone was genuinely super nice. Started with basic/typical recruiter screening questions then had a few rounds with different people to cover behavioural questions, live code review and values/culture-fit assessment.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations? Can you give an example where you can demonstrate the values of the company? Can you review this code with us?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

Very messy process. Didn't even hear back from them after 3 weeks. Extremely unclear on what the company does, even after spending time on their website. Almost looks sketchy.. Bad experience on my end, would not apply again.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

This was the nicest interview process I've ever had in my career. Extremely nice people and it's very obvious the company cares about the employees. I was very impressed. The HR reps were also very communicative and supportive throughout the process. The company is very values-driven, so they are looking for people who grasp what their values are and can give examples on how they have lived the same ethos in other roles. The process was: - 30min with HR (Phone screen) - 1h with Engineering Managers (Skills / Personality) - 1h30 with Engineering Manager and Tech Lead (Code Review) - 1h with Head of Engineering / CTO (Scenario / Behaviour) - 30min 1:1 with COO (Values)

Interview Questions
  • Can you give examples where you can demonstrate applying iTech values in your current or previous roles?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at iTech Media (London, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

A recruiter working at iTech sent me InMail and contacted me several times via email. At first I didn't respond but in the end I decided to learn more about it. There is a lot of secrecy in regards to the nature of what the company does. They don't openly advertise it. The recruiter told me 7 different titles (starting from Senior Staff engineer down to DevOps engineer) for this role and I did not get any information on how to prepare for the 1st interview by the external or internal recruiter. I did not get a job spec and the recruiter said they have been waiting for a job spec since last year. This is a lesson for me to never go to an interview again if they don't give information about the topics that we'll cover. In my 1:1 interview, they asked some basic questions and there was a systems design question. I wasn't expecting one, but I didn't mind having a discussion on this topic. As soon as I started answering the question, before even finishing my sentence, the interviewer INTERRUPTED ME and started asking questions that would ultimately lead to a secret question he had in his mind and was expecting me to answer that specific use case that happened at iTech media. I was trying to finish my sentences but was constantly getting interrupted by other questions changing the focus completely, and in the end the question was "how do you ensure the site stays live if someone deletes the load balancer?" I explained I wasn't familiar with this scenario and it never happened to me and shared my ideas. When I heard from the recruiter, he didn't tell me I was rejected, he told me I should apply for another role. I asked for feedback which I never received, and the recruiter insisted I wasn't rejected. Long story short, I went to an interview not knowing the job title or job spec, not knowing what technologies they used, I was constantly interrupted in the interview, the interviewer did not answer any of my questions (he said I will at the end but then he "forgot") and in the end the recruiter wouldn't admit I was rejected because he was hoping I would apply for another role. In the end, they sent me an email saying "we hope your interview process was smooth, give us feedback" etc. Maybe they have good culture as they claim on their website, but I don't recommend going through this process. My advice is to stop pressuring candidates. If they are interested, they will reply. There is no need to send follow up emails for over two months. It's annoying.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you looking to leave your current company? What is your biggest flaw and what you did to address it? Previous experience Systems design question

iTech Media

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at iTech Media

Interview

Recruiter call to learn more about you, portfolio review with two teammates going over a couple of past projects, conversation with a design manager mostly going over your ideas about design as a discipline and a mini design exercise on a conceptual problem, and finally a short call with a leadership team member on company values.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Interviews