iTech Media Reviews

Updated Mar 30, 2022

Found 56 of over 59 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "I really mean it when I say iTech is such a nice place to work(in 9 reviews)

• "Flexible working, remote working(in 5 reviews)

• Cons
  • "iTech does not make complicated web applications that require any real thought(in 4 reviews)

• "Difficult to progress, as the company is growing fast(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

57 Comments

Tech

207.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=iTech Media~1573490
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Amazing place to work

Mar 30, 2022 - Senior Full Stack Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

iTech has a great culture, allowing me to work flexibly as I need to. They have 4 key values that drive everything, and unlike other companies they actively work to these values. Wins are celebrated every day. Feedback is actively given, meaning you're recognised for doing a great job! Losses are encouraged as we learn from them. The pay and benefits are amazing.

Cons

I genuinely can't think of any.

iTech Media Response

Thanks for the great feedback, we are glad to have you here! :-)

2. 5.0

great place to work

Mar 9, 2022 - Front End Developer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of perks, culture is amazing and people are real

Cons

everybody has a voice which I not always agree with

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing benefits and friendly people. However, racism is around.

Feb 22, 2022 - Full-Stack Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are top notch and you will get to work with friendly people. Freedom to suggest new technologies, when there is time to work on POCs. Training days.

Cons

Racism in the company is not taken seriously unfortunately, despite diversity being prompted. When reported, only a written is sent. Being an extrovert and social, as an engineer can get you promoted/recognised over people who work harder and perform the technical work. Some engineers get hired at a lot higher level than they are and it is obvious from a 3-6 month performance review. So there is an obvious flaw in the hiring system or the engineer leveling here is at a lower standard compared with other tech companies. Transparency in pay.

9 people found this review helpful

iTech Media Response

We’re shocked and disappointed to read your review and I’m very sorry you've had this experience, this is not who we are at iTech nor does it represent the values that we stand for. We have an open and widely shared policy to address any kind of inappropriate behaviour and will not tolerate racism of any kind. As you mentioned, we are actively working on a culture of inclusivity and belonging and we take your complaint seriously. I would personally like to speak with you about this matter so we can address it, please contact me directly - Emma Baillie, Chief People Officer

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Truly a nice place to work

Feb 2, 2022 - Full Stack Engineer I
      Business Outlook

Pros

You never have the dreaded Sunday fear, ITech is always a nice place to be even when the pressure is on or a deadline is looming. Mainly because there is no blame culture here and I really mean that. If you personally make a mistake, its a growth opportunity and if the team as a whole doesn’t reach its goal they look back on the strategy rather than trying to pin it on individual team members or Chapter (a chapter is like your area, engineering, product, design etc) The Ops team is also outstanding, they do everything they can to make sure ITech is a fun, supportive and caring work place. If you are off sick for a while they send a really good chocolate hamper (at least that’s what I got!) and they have a recognition system where you can record positive interactions with your colleagues so its not just one manager painting your picture. Pay is pretty decent, not as high as places like Amazon but certainly competitive and the 10% optional matched pension + the huge number of other benefits are so good I’ve never been shown better

Cons

Some of the work can be a bit chaotic, the company is growing so fast and they are so open to trying new things that some times you’ll work on something that never gets used, or you’ll have a couple of important projects on the go in parallel. Not always bad, but can be frustrating at times.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

There's no place like iTech....Fact.

Jan 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the culture, the open and collaborative approach BY ALL (from every department and specialism), their generosity, the management team, et al, their desire for growth and expansion. Whatever you need to make your time at iTech be the best it can be, they will listen and support you in every way. Do you need to have a chat with the senior management about anything? Send them a direct message, and they will respond within minutes, or go directly up to them and will listen and support you. Unlike other companies, where you're a number on their roster, at iTech, you're a colleague first and foremost and an integral part of the companies vision and ambition. I can wholeheartedly say that it's the best company, environment, with the BEST people/colleagues/friends I have ever had the pleasure to work, learn and collaborate with. You're encouraged to 'work your way', and they mean it. I've worked in my fair share of organisations that claim to be "open, friendly and collaborative", but they need to take a leaf out of iTech's playbook.

Cons

[Glassdoor won't let me leave this blank] so if I HAD to nitpick, it would be around the hurdles (that any ambitious/hyper-growth company has or experiences), of expansion and hiring at speed, but they are working on it, constantly.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A genuinely people first company

Jan 8, 2022 - Specialist in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A culture of genuine care and inclusivity from top to bottom. People are lovely, tons of great initiatives to make things even better, founders genuinely listen and put their money where there mouth is.

Cons

If you prefer a predictable environment where things don’t change, it’s not for you.

7. 5.0

Great place to work

Dec 13, 2021 - Head of Engineering in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The best on-boarding process I've ever seen - Focus on allow the teams and individuals to grow and develop - Great working culture - True belief in the importance of diversity and inclusivity - Genuine hybrid working model with no pressure either way

Cons

As with any company at this stage, there is change as the company needs to adapt to the changing size, needs and scale. It's not a place for someone who likes things to remain the same year on year, because a successful, growing company won't remain the same.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Brilliant culture, awesome for parents

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a parent my main priority is that i can combine work and being there for my kids. I can absolutely do that here thanks to an awesome boss, brilliant 'work your way' culture, genuine flexible working, and complete trust that i can manage my work and life seamlessly. The work is interesting and i've got full autonomy. Best place i've ever worked.

Cons

Typical scaling start up - there's lots to do!

9. 5.0

Simply the Best.

Nov 11, 2021 - Web Developer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wow. What a whirlwind of opportunity, growth and excitement. Itech is an amazing place to work and honestly more than I could have ever dreamed of. I'm fortunate to be working in one of the most lucrative and exciting careers available but iTech does not disappoint on this front. Clear career progression, ample opportunities to grow/learn everyday and they put a real investment in you. To everyone involved, thank you.

Cons

With so many perks, it's hard to say anything negative here. My only nit-pick would be the working hours. I've seen other companies in this space offer a better work/life balance such as more generous working hours or a 4-day week (which actually have been proven to work).

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Truly people first culture.

Nov 1, 2021 - Head of Talent in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- competitive compensation - work hard / play hard - it is truly all about their people!

Cons

- it is not a negative but you need to be comfortable and enjoy a degree of ambiguity and change

Viewing 1 - 10 of 56 Reviews

iTech Media Reviews FAQs

iTech Media has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 59 reviews left anonymously by employees. 84% of employees would recommend working at iTech Media to a friend and 93% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, iTech Media employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at iTech Media. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

84% of iTech Media employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated iTech Media 4.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.2 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with iTech Media Job Seekers