iTech Media Reviews

214 Comments

Tech

81.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=iTech Media~1573490
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0

Simply the Best.

Nov 11, 2021 - Web Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wow. What a whirlwind of opportunity, growth and excitement. Itech is an amazing place to work and honestly more than I could have ever dreamed of. I'm fortunate to be working in one of the most lucrative and exciting careers available but iTech does not disappoint on this front. Clear career progression, ample opportunities to grow/learn everyday and they put a real investment in you. To everyone involved, thank you.

Cons

With so many perks, it's hard to say anything negative here. My only nit-pick would be the working hours. I've seen other companies in this space offer a better work/life balance such as more generous working hours or a 4-day week (which actually have been proven to work).

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Frat boy culture that ignores serious issues

Nov 11, 2021 - Production
    Business Outlook

Pros

• some of the people are rad • lots of budget for cool projects, including investing in benefits

Cons

• they remove all negative glassdoor reviews somehow • they explicitly ignore blatant sexism, harrassment & bullying across the business • leaders show blatant favouritism • leaders will ignore all feedback and data, and will never change their minds (COO esp.) • they hide their product and business structure

7 people found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great perks and flexibility, but cult-like culture with little product substance

Oct 7, 2021 - Content Editor
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible working, the company is really good at advocating 'working your way'. - There are some great company benefits (vitality, great offices, WFH budget etc), - Some great talent

Cons

Honestly, i'd rather just be paid more and what I deserve instead of receiving random post packages and being invited to 367236 random coffee zoom 'chats'. The benefits are great, but there's way too much emphasis on that at iTech. More focus should be on nurturing the talent you have and financially rewarding those in a proper way, instead of throwing empty 'work perks' at everyone, constantly. Honestly, the benefits worked on me when I first joined and i thought 'this is great!' , but after a year of working in a fast-paced team with an abundance of challenges, those 'perks' now mean nothing and i'm just left very aware that my pay grade is substantially less to what I could be receiving elsewhere. The culture is very much cultivated towards extraverted people who don't mind shouting about their successes. The AGILE way of working means that some squads are underrepresented / given less of an equal chance to shine due to less people/resources (the irony being it's these squads that have higher output).

8 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee

By far the best company I've ever worked for.

Sep 15, 2021 - Content Editor in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Want to work somewhere you feel valued? Here's the place.

Cons

Yet to come across any, to be honest.

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best place I've ever worked

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, mental health ambassadors, Giving back guild and so much more. This company really looks after their team.

Cons

None that I have come across.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Definitely going places

Sep 28, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They listen to their employees, and seem genuine when wanting to create the best workplace.

Cons

Difficult to progress, as the company is growing fast. Pulling in lots of talent means that it’s difficult to get good visibility on progression opportunity.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Living up to values ...100%

Jul 9, 2021 - Engineering Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at the company for 4 months and can happily say it's the best company I have ever worked for. They live and breathe their values and if something doesn't work, the management are mature in correcting or experimenting with alternatives. Would strongly recommend to anyone!

Cons

Tech-stack is a little old, but this is being actively worked on

2 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A genuinely nice and flexible place to work

Jun 22, 2021 - Engineering Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- I really mean it when I say iTech is such a nice place to work. Everyone is extremely friendly, people work very collaboratively across teams, there's a good mix of capabilities within engineering and, with the company growing so much, lots of new tech coming in - The culture here is fantastic. We're truly encouraged to try/fail, share our knowledge and care about the work we do/one another - Career development is encouraged and spoken about openly. Lots of squiggly moves - Lots of benefits, flexible and remote working, training budget and dedicated training days every other Friday, social events, volunteering time, paid lunch on Fridays... - Cool, dog-friendly office in Camden with nice drinks and snacks!

Cons

The company is growing fast so still finding its feet when it comes to processes and structure

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Looks good on paper but fail to deliver

Jun 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of room to grow and learn Easy to switch career path Great colleagues Ideal if you want an OK salary and not too much stress

Cons

iTech Media is an agency, and as you could expect in an agency there is a high turnover. People tend to disappear from one day to another without explanation. The list of perks is so long that it's almost the only things they communicate about, it tells you a lot of what to expect. Career path at iTech depends on three things: Your relation with the 'heads of', you relation with the two brothers running the show (and their close friends) and your luck with the squad/product you are being assigned.

14 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Truly blessed to be working at iTech!

Jun 10, 2021 - Assistant Management Accountant in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at iTech for just over 6 months and it feels like I've been here a lifetime already. Personally I see so many pros and feel blessed for being a part of the Arc family! Aside from all benefits the company has which are some of the best I've come across, I have seen myself grow in so many ways since I've joined. I do know that the leadership listen as in my 1st 3 weeks of joining I was asked to give feedback and some of which I was truly fearful of giving (as I know in some organizations feedback isn't taken very well) but they listened and I could see the changes in the next couple weeks. I have witnessed multiple changes in my few months of being here all from feedback given from various Arcs and it's really heartwarming to see that :)

Cons

With any startup that's scaling quickly comes challenges and it's not always a smooth ride but a bumpy one heading upwards and onwards. Overall it's a great place to work in and I wouldn't have it any other way.

4 people found this review helpful