Wishing everyone a very happy Edinburgh Pride 2018 from all of us at Capco #PrideMonth #EdinburghPride #BeYourselfAtWork
New corporate sponsors of @Women in Banking and Finance- UK and Ireland. Proud to be attending the 21st annual WIBFawards celebrating influential women in the financial services industry. #TeamCapco
We are actively transforming the future of ﬁnance, to create a resilient market of transparency, trust and capital strength. We create relevance and business value for our clients and improve user experiences for the end consumer.
We are a vibrant community of empathetic, creative and rational personalities. We are entrepreneurs at heart with a common drive for excellence.
We advise, consult, design, execute and implement to provide genuine, holistic, large scale solutions.
We combine thought leadership with disruptive design thinking, intimate industry expertise and technological infra-structure.
Capco people are distinguished professionals who deliver distinctive solutions designed to meet and overcome the challenges of today and tomorrow. They combine thought leadership with extensive practical experience of the strategic and operational issues and challenges that are reshaping the financial services landscape.
Capco’s core values define how we treat our clients, frame how we work with our colleagues, and are a key part of our ongoing success. They set the standards by which individual and team performance are measured and rewarded. They are embedded in the way we operate, and underpin the value we create for the communities we work in, for our clients, and for the financial services industry.
Behaving with Respect means we listen and communicate directly and openly. We value diversity among people, their ideas and their points of view. We are natural partners with our clients, colleagues and our community. And we are at our best as individuals when working as a team.
Demonstrating Integrity means we do what is right, not what is easiest. We are true to ourselves and to others. We are transparent, honest and consistent in all we do. We take pride in our work and act with professionalism. At all times and in every situation.
Commitment comes to life through being passionate about solving complex business problems and helping shape the next generation of financial services. We are intensely focused on serving our clients and helping them achieve their business objectives. We do what we say we are going to do. As individuals and as an organization, we create value.
Embracing Excellence leads us to challenge ourselves to execute flawlessly and to consistently deliver the highest quality of service to our clients. To enable excellence, we seek the best talent and we promote personal and professional development. We aim to consistently exceed our financial goals and the expectations of our clients, our colleagues and our shareholders.
Actively gathering and applying Knowledge makes us thinkers with a distinctive and informed point of view. We are constantly anticipating market trends and translating them into opportunities and progress, for our clients and for ourselves. We are also financial services thought leaders, sharing our insights and intelligence to help shape the future of finance, as active industry participants.
Immerse yourself in a culture of constant learning, share knowledge with industry experts and be part of forming the future of finance.
As a fully independent company, Capco is poised for growth and expansion, and you can be a part of our success story.
We combine innovative thinking, delivery excellence and thought leadership to help our clients transform their businesses. Partnering with our clients, fintechs and industry partners, we deliver disruptive work that is changing the financial services landscape.
Have ideas that can make an impact? You can actively participate in discussions and explorations of key industry issues by writing thought leadership pieces that will inform clients and industry experts on the latest trends. In addition, through the respected Capco Institute and our award-winning and independent Capco Journal of Financial Transformation, we are delivering academic, peer-reviewed research.
Capco has a tolerant, open culture that values diversity, inclusivity and creativity. By putting people at the heart of our agenda, we foster a work environment where you can grow personally and professionally, while being able to be your authentic self at work.
With no forced hierarchy at Capco, everyone has the opportunity to grow as we grow, taking their career into their own hands.
What makes us different?
• No ‘up-or-out’ concept: you can manage your own career
• You will advance in your career based on performance, not tenure
• We offer a semi-annual measurement and promotion process
• You will receive coaching and a tailored development plan to help you grow in your career
• Our Capco Milestone Schools at the heart of our global learning and development experience
We believe that diversity—of people and perspectives-- gives us a competitive advantage. That’s why we continue to recruit as broad a range of talented people as we can into our business. Our initiatives focused on women, ethnic and cultural diversity and LGBTQIA are flourishing; and our networks are open to all.
• Best place to work by the Human Rights Campaign
• 100% score on the corporate equality index
• Partner member of OPEN Finance, which brings together LGBTQIA members from over 40 financial services firms to promote equality
• Mentoring and internship through New City Kids
• Member of the Women’s Bond Club and Women’s Executive Network
• Key partnerships include Dress for Success and Bankers Without Borders
Our GROW (Globally Rotating Our Workforce) initiative enables high-performing employees to explore other divisions, gain experience in other job roles or work in other countries for 18 – 24 months.
Giving back and supporting the community and environment in which our business operates is a major part of what makes us successful. From our Impact Consulting programs offering pro-bono work to non-profits, to volunteering and philanthropic projects, we’re committed to doing our bit.
I have been working at Capco full-time (Less than a year)
- Recently taken private again
- Flush with opportunity to impact the direction of the firm at every level
- New offices, new clients coming online
- Culture that's true to their word when they say "Pitch a good idea and we'll let you run with it"; this is especially true in newer offices like Charlotte and DC
- Simple yet fair comp structure; doesn't try to pay people less through smoke and mirrors complex bonus programs like at a lot of firms
- Plenty of opportunity for people who want to step up to the plate and leave their mark on the firm
- Quick promotion for those who are ready; no arbitrary forced time in current levels
- Best benefits I've seen in the last decade, especially for families
- A culture of work hard, but with a sincere concern and understanding that you have a life outside of consulting. They have unlimited sick days on top of paid time off but because of the culture I've not seen nor heard of anyone abusing this policy and it's a great one to have when you need it!
- I could keep going, but you get the idea, this is a great firm with a lot of potential as a company and for anyone who works here.
- After splitting from FIS and going private, the operations are VERY lean. Not a terrible con as all of these are being worked on, but it does take time. Having to stand up new IT functions, update corporate policies, finance operations, etc. doesn't happen at the flip of a switch. Anyone who understands this will not be bothered by this
Advice to Management
Capco has a very bright future, keep up the good work with the opportunities afforded to it after going private. Focus on growth but don't lose sight of the amazing culture that is the core of this firm, as many other firms have lost sight of this and are quickly failing.
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.
I interviewed for Capco's cyber security practice as a senior consultant.
The interview consisted of an initial phone screening done by the recruiter and then went on to 2 phone interviews with a principal consultant and partner.
After the phone interviews, I was scheduled for an in person at Capco's New York office to meet with a managing partner and principal consultant
The interviews were structured to understand my management consulting experience and skill set. Capco addresses a candidate to understand how they would fit within it's culture and how flexible a candidate is ,given the dynamic environment the company operates in.
Capco works with all the biggest financial services companies in the world and sets up its employees to have top tier experiences when it comes to management consulting.
The whole interview process was excellent and the recruiters are very receptive and hands on. I had an excellent experience at Capco, and would recommend candidates to consider applying to the firm.