Capco Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Capco Reviews

Found 1018 reviews

3.7
  1. Featured Review

"Excellent team, and even brighter future. A place you can be known and make an impact."

Current Employee - Managing Principal in Houston, TX

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Capco offers the best of both worlds, a small company feel where you will be known and able to make an impact, but also brings a Big 5 punch when it comes to delivering complex projects to top tier clients. Projects are at industry leading companies. The caliber of talent steepens your own growth trajectory, as you are surrounded by passionate, bright, people with deep domain knowledge and technical expertise. You...

Cons

This holds true with all consulting firms, but since teams are dispersed across clients and locations it sometimes is difficult to come together as much as we would like. There is certainly effort made to do this through a variety of after hours events- social, family and philanthropic. The team looks forward to team wide get togethers as a reunion of sorts with people you don't see on your current project.

Advice to Management

More team events would be welcomed...liking your team and wanting to get together more seems like a high quality problem to have.

Capco2018-08-23

August 30, 2018HR

Thank you for your review and we're pleased to hear your enthusiasm for Capco shining through after 5+ years with the firm. As a senor leader in our firm, it's great to hear your comments on the impact that Capco is having, and can have, in our industry. Capco's growth aspirations ...

2. "Culture is what they claim it is at interview, open honest transparent, great place and people to work with"

Current Employee - Senior Management Consultant in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is what they claim it is at interview, open honest transparent. You get out what you put in! Honestly can say I enjoy my job, not everyday as it is has it challenges but the people I work for and with make it great.

Cons

There is lots for me to learn and improve at in my job but is that maybe a positive as otherwise I would not be developing.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in employees the training and events especially in Scotland that I have seen so far have been superb!

Capco2019-02-11
  3. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

- Disruptive and flexible - Allow you to share/drive your own ideas - Very inclusive culture

Cons

- Loosing roots culture/DNA - Growing too fast - Very focused on perfomance assessments

Capco2019-04-10

"Solid company"

Current Employee - Consultant in London, England

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work life balance is good, the pay is fair and you have a lot of social events

Cons

It is sometimes hard to get something done form an internal 'community' perspective Politics to get promoted (although I think this is part of Management Consultancy in general)

Capco2019-04-11

"Capco never really took off in Edinburgh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

I worked at Capco full-time

Pros

The salary is good, and there are some great people to work with. But you won't see your team often as you'd be placed out on different client sites.

Cons

Lack of organisation, direction/strategy for the company, and lack of care for employees' wellbeing.

Advice to Management

Please put correct people in the management roles that want for the team to thrive rather than get their money and move on to the next gig. This left the employees, moral and clients' perception of the organisation is poor state.

Capco2019-03-30
  6. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at Capco full-time

Pros

Flat organisation structure gives good exposure to senior management and partners

Cons

Selling often takes precedence over delivery

Capco2019-03-11
  7. "Great company"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/life balance and pay, project work, culture

Cons

Bureaucracy, politics within the company to get promoted

Capco2019-02-24
  8. "A growing organisation with great career development opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Flat hierarchy and approachable leaders - High quality learning and development (especially ‘milestone schools’) - Inclusive culture, underpinned by ethos of ‘Be Yourself at Work’ - Active encouragement of innovation and disruption - Genuine opportunities to build a career and take on new responsibilities

Cons

Nothing major - I think the main challenge as Capco continues to grow is to retain the best of Capco today, while bringing greater alignment and consistency to some of the internal processes and practices

Advice to Management

Communicate more on the future direction of the business

Capco2019-02-07
  9. "Dependable roles but cliquey culture"

I have been working at Capco full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- No / limited travel for roles - Good exposure to main UK banks - Great for a graduate starting out to get exposure to large organisations - Good and helpful partners

Cons

- Dependent on being in the key groups at Capco to progress- if you no longer keep up with drinking and going out- hard to progress and hard to get good roles - Bonus entirely driven on work done outside of your (busy) day role

Advice to Management

- Address the issue of key cliques running the firm and people's career progress- without this, you will lose consultants that are respected by your clients because they are at the client site rather than in the main office socialising

Capco2019-02-03

February 4, 2019HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback on working at Capco – it’s great to hear of your positive experience of clients, projects and leadership at Capco. It’s disappointing to read about your perceptions of career progression and bonuses at Capco. As a point of fact, bonuses are not ...

"Consultant nightmare"

I worked at Capco full-time

Pros

Office location Fruit every day

Cons

Bullying culture Bums on seats even when roles are unsuitable High staff turnover

Advice to Management

Do not force people into projects they are not suited to. You set them up for failure.

Capco2019-02-20

March 5, 2019HR

Thank you for your feedback, however we are disappointed to read your perspectives on Capco as a former employee. In particular, your comments on our culture are concerning – we take all claims of this nature extremely seriously and if employees have any concerns in this regard, they ...

Found 1018 reviews