Adaptimmune Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
Adaptimmune CEO James Noble
James Noble

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great work environment, a company who bring science and innovation to the fore"

I worked at Adaptimmune full-time

Pros

The team I was a member of were a fantastic bunch of people to work with.
    It was a very enjoyable and professional work environment with the best work-life balance of anywhere I have worked.
    There were a lot of perks with the job considering the size of the company.
    And most importantly there is some brilliant high quality science and innovation being fostered within the company, surely the path to success :)

Cons

No major cons really, nothing that won't be easily ironed out as the company grows and matures.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and best of luck for the future!

"Good company"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Oxford, England
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Oxford, England

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Friendly people. Most are welcoming and nice
    2. Good salary. Higher than being a postdoc
    3. Good training opportunities. Chance to learn new techniques and attend conferences

Cons

may be in the beginning you will need to adjust as the focus in a company is different from the university

"A good company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abingdon, England

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good atmosphere in the company- a good team ethic. Everyone working towards company goals. Very friendly and welcoming. Rapidly growing. Everyone works hard and are professional about what they do. Interesting and challenging work. Good opportunities for career development. All scientists have the opportunity to attend at least one conference each year, presenting data where possible. Good social environment- regular sports/company social activities. Well equipped facilities within Adaptimmune and more widely on Milton Park. Good work-life balance. Friendly, approachable senior management.

Cons

Rapid growth comes with inevitable teething problems, logistically and practically as things change and new systems are put in place.
    Getting to and from Milton Park is sometimes difficult at peak times of day. Hopefully that will improve once the road-works are finished.

Advice to Management

Keep trying to promote a good atmosphere within the company with effective, clear communication between teams.

"Good atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Abingdon, England
    Current Employee - Senior Scientist in Abingdon, England

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapidly expanding company with excellent career opportunities. Core technology is sound. Many career development opportunities.

Cons

Small company has grown rapidly in past year, so hope the company community feel will endure

Advice to Management

During rapid expansion make sure recruitment is not rushed and careful selection of candidates for future employment is maintained

"Toxic"

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company is well funded for now

Cons

Draw you in by describing themselves as a friendly company. Once recruited you find yourself repeatedly stabbed in the back by senior management and asked to take on additional full time roles, thus setting you up for a fall. There are no procedures to prevent this. Objectives change daily, which is demoralising and sets you up for even greater falls as you don't achieve much. Management is poor and regressive and there are difficult personalities. Affairs amongst senior management and staff make it difficult to have your voice heard.

Legally employees have few rights, in the UK, in the first 2 years in a job. This makes the company high risk.

And yes I can't believe I'm saying this, some senior managers are racist

Advice to Management

Fund management training courses rather than endless parties. Stop mistreating staff, most people just want to do a good job

6. "Great company!"

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time

Pros

Friendly people, passionate about the company's goals, they mean it when they say they are flexible with hours, easy parking in navy yard

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of

7. "Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture, work focus, and pipeline
    Flexible schedule
    Great benefits
    Good size company and nice facility
    Opportunity for advancement

Cons

Open office environment, but everyone has that now

"Passionate environment"

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time

Pros

Everyone at Adaptimmune is very excited about the growth we are experiencing and our technology and that makes it easy to want to come into work. The teams here are very collaborative and open to new ideas from even their most junior and newest members. Because we are a smaller biotech company you are expected to wear a lot of hats and are able to learn new tasks often.

Cons

As a younger company a lot of our processes still need to be developed and that can be hectic. This is not an environment for people who just want to work within a set job description, things change quickly and often.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "Great atmosphere"

I have been working at Adaptimmune full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A unique start up company with a healthy mix of former academics, small biotech and large Pharma employees who are excited to contribute and build a company that has the potential to change patients expectations in the treatment of cancer. I have now been employed with the company for 18 months and still feel privileged to be part of this organization.

Cons

It's a start up that's growing rapidly and therefore doesn't always get the execution right, but the intention is always spot on.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, particularly in engaging employees in how to solve the critical issues we face as we continue to grow.

10. "Administration"

Pros

If there are any pros, they are just to attract you to the company but they don't last.

Cons

Extremely unorganized, individuals in positions that don't have a clue about business operations.